Barbados records another road death

Barbados has recorded its fifth road fatality for the year.

This follows an accident, which occurred at Brereton, St Philip this morning around 7:45.

Details as they come to hand.

6 Responses to Barbados records another road death

1. kathy-Ann Clarke March 6, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Oh dear, my, my.
    Praying for safe travels on our roads.
    Also comfort at this time for the deceased family.

2. hcalndre March 6, 2018 at 1:27 pm

With the small roads and careless drivers, I`m surprised that they`re not more vehicle fatalities per day in Barbados. Where are these people going in such a hurry? maybe to Atlantic City.

• Wesley bolden March 6, 2018 at 1:38 pm

Stupid, idiotic comment.

3. jrsmith March 6, 2018 at 2:25 pm

This madness will never stop, bad roads ,bad driving ,unroadworthy vehicles no road management and law enforcement ………. Why only certain people becomes road fatalities……………….

4. charjoy March 6, 2018 at 3:07 pm

I do not know if my theory is correct but since the introduction of the cell phone ban there seems to be an increase in accidents. Everyday I see accident all over the place. I wonder if the attempt at sneakily using phones is a major contributor. Imagine this,…. phone in lap so eyes darting up and down, phone slides off lap, user tries to retrieve phone from on the floor or from between seats etc. all the while keeping an eye on the road for the police enforcers, who by the way think this is some kind of cloak and dagger game, hiding and popping up to catch people red-handed. Then like a scene from catch-me- if-you-can, motorist drops phone behind the seat or in handbag all the while eyeing the approaching cop. As soon as the enforcers leave the search for the phone commence and continues all the way around the roundabout….gotta luv Bajans.

5. Tony Webster March 6, 2018 at 3:18 pm

A great pity: apparently, another avoidable tragedy.

One more time, the essentials for every caring driver/ vehicle-owner:
    1. Good tyres, correctly inflated.
    2. Good brakes.
    3. Good steering.
    The non-mechanical issues:
    Stay alert at all times.
    Avoid in-car distractions.Yes, all.
    Driving on wet roads and at night: SLOW down.
    Road congestions/delays: leaving early cud save a life….your own.