Police probe violent incident at St Leonard’s Boys’ School

Police and education officials are currently at the St Leonard’s Boys’ School where there are reports of a stabbing incident.

(more details as they come to hand.)

13 Responses to Police probe violent incident at St Leonard’s Boys’ School

1. lester February 12, 2018 at 2:05 pm

This is a spiritual problem that only God thru Jesus Christ can help;
    parents first need deliverance from they wicked ways, and pass on righteousness to their offspring its that simple, when a nation’s gods are alcohol, marijuana, feting etc the children of that nation is left unsupervised once unsupervised satan steps in and attack their spirits pushing them headlong into crime and violence, i will continu to prayer for the children and parents of BIM

• Jennifer February 12, 2018 at 7:23 pm

DEVIL means deceiver, nothing more. Now who/whom deceived this majority lot and still doing it………………………….. THINK

2. Patty February 12, 2018 at 2:16 pm

I am in total agreement

3. jrsmith February 12, 2018 at 2:58 pm

This is why black people in Barbados is so *****d up.. screwed up by religious organizations, why there is no problems with white and other ethnic kids living in Barbados …
    God and Jesus didn’t do anything for the black people through centuries of slavery and still you all with your lazy selves is still waiting for nothing ………..
    Where or what is the heritage from black people to pass on to the kids , a stack of bibles , the white folks pass on businesses to they families …… Because they are the ones who benefits from the stupid ness our people carry on with…………………

4. jrsmith February 12, 2018 at 3:00 pm

These kids need locking up, they know what they are doing , they are playing catch up………

5. Helicopter(8P) February 12, 2018 at 3:03 pm

This has to be a decade or more of neglegent parenting and an infusion of foreign culture absorbed by the Barbadian youth. I can remember years ago a returning national stated that he was part of the “Bloods” gangs and wanted to reform himself by being leader in youth projects etc.

6. hcalndre February 12, 2018 at 3:36 pm

@lester and Patty; do you have a reply to jrsmith statement?

7. Michael February 12, 2018 at 3:56 pm

This is what happens when students are allowed to do whatever they want . It is now the norm to curse teachers , to be rude and disrespectful . The actions of students go unpunished – no consequences for their actions and so their boldness and crimes escalate . Now they are bringing to school weapons and stabbing one another . Meanwhile, Karen Best has told teachers they can search these violent students – hopefully they wouldn’t run home for another gun for the teachers next time .
    Teachers at the school were hiding locked in staff rooms to escape the horror that unfolded . Unfortunately , students would have been left to fend for themselves . My son doesn’t want to go to school tomorrow as he is afraid .
    Why wasn’t the school immediately closed ??
    Easy to sit and talk nonsense from a cozy , quiet , air conditioned office .

8. orlando February 12, 2018 at 4:11 pm

jr smith is entitled to his own opinion.ever how stupid lol. barbados is suppose to be 95% black so why is he keep talking about black people in barbados. who else is there ?.he lives in NY so now all of a sudden he is Mr. Smart man. if you want to be smart then talk smart and act smart .

9. Saga Boy February 12, 2018 at 4:35 pm

JR talking crap. Black people are leaving behind the same thing whites and Indians are leaving. There are far many more black businesses than Indian or white in Barbados. Lester I agree with some of what you say. People like jr will one day acknowledge God.

10. jrsmith February 12, 2018 at 4:40 pm

@ , orlando , hail, hail, please don’t insult me I live in the UK ,I visit my home Barbados sometimes 4 times a year because of business activity………..
    I didn’t say bajan were stupid and I talk of black people I am a black man and is a full blooded bajan……
    Who else is there the 1% of our island who controls it ……..
    Orlando ,please answer to every line of my comment at (2:58)
    Thank you…….Sir……..

11. jrsmith February 12, 2018 at 4:44 pm

@,saga boy , hail, hail , you break away from praying to have a go at me as well , ha, ha, keep it ………

12. damian February 12, 2018 at 7:04 pm

@Jr. I am in total agreement with what you stated. Karl Marx stated that religion is the opium of the masses. In my opinion, people need to become educated, I am not talking about the formal education system, but our history as a people. People need to see the world and see ascertain what is happening around them. Religion has caused people to become lazy. People would pray, with the encourage of the government to rectify problems, instead of recognizing that something is wrong systematically in Barbados.

Jail would not fix the problems for these kids. Labelling these kids for their deviant behaviour, which would result in them being stigmatized and stereotyped in society, can have negatively impact their self esteem and possibly caused them to pursue a career criminal activities.

Diversionary measured need to the put in place. The people need to think critically of how the criminal justice system is impacting our youths and find better ways of handling these issues. As I said before, jail is not going to fix the problem. Many studies have been done regarding the use of harsher punishment in the justice system. And most of them concluded that harsher punishment does not deter people from a life criminal activities.

The media finds pleasure in sensationalizing stories when youth are involved in crime. I believe the criminologist in Barbados need to present statistics to the public to show where crime is on the rise or not.

Another issue is how the media focus their attention on street crime but do not show much publication when it is a white collar crime. Let us move away from gossip and pulling one another down. Let us move forward as a community, sharing, caring, respecting, and valuing each other. When the outside world look at Barbados, they would judge us all together. This can have negative impacts on us personally, culturally, and structurally.

By the way, I live in Canada, but I still see the problems Barbados are experiencing as my own. Let us stop judging and move forward