Three students stabbed in fight at school

Three 15-year-old boys are nursing stab wounds following an altercation at a rural school in the north east of the island today.

The incident, which occurred around 12:30 p.m., also resulted in the injury of a  12-year-old girl.

According to the police, two groups of boys were fighting during the lunch break. As a result three of them were stabbed multiple times about the body.

A girl was also struck by a stone and suffered an injury to her leg during the melee.

The three male victims were transported to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital where one of them is listed in serious condition, and the other two are said to be stable.

The girl received private medical attention.

Two boys, 16 and 14 years,  are assisting police with their investigations.

6 Responses to Three students stabbed in fight at school

  1. luther thorne February 6, 2018 at 9:50 pm

    A Public Flogging for all those who are guilty

    PUBLIC FLOGGINGS
    IS A MUST IN BARBADOS

    Reply
    • Mark My Word February 7, 2018 at 12:48 am

      Thee Demons taking over the Schools and BLP not in power yet

      Reply
  2. Pat Clarke February 6, 2018 at 11:07 pm

    We keep playing with these children like they are in charge. That’s why they will continue to behave in this manner. We need to have children searched before they enter any school in this country and if the parents object they can keep their children at home. However, if any parent decides to keep their children from school they will have to face the consequences. Come on those in authority. Stamp the crap out before it gets any further out of hand.

    Reply
    • Jason Arthur February 7, 2018 at 12:25 am

      Thank you! If all of these students are getting injured, it is clear to see that we have a serious problem in our schools. Yes, I’m all for searches — even if they’re only conducted randomly. Having said that, I remember when Minister Jones rejected the idea of using metal detectors in schools when the topic was raised last year. He seemed more concerned about good kids being inconvenienced by the searches than he was about disarming the bad ones. Hopefully he’ll rethink his position on this thing sooner rather than later because it needs to be brought to a halt ASAP.

      Reply
  3. Sam February 6, 2018 at 11:57 pm

    Minister Jones didn’t want searching in schools so he should deal with this. He will wait until a death occurs because this getting out of hand.

    Reply
  4. luther thorne February 7, 2018 at 1:41 am

    Jones talked about Demons but he and his ilk seem to be possessed by something. They seem to defend nonsense and to protect perpretrators in some instances.

    Metal Dectectors in schools should be a yes. Barbados must realize that there are some youngsters who have no training and do not respect the law , teachers or any authority. Many Parents are not training their children and these children are not being trained at School like years ago. No Religious education, no discipline and nothing in place to deter them.

    Meanwhile the Christian and Muslim Schools and other private Schools are doing a good job with their Students.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *