Mascoll jailed for eight months

A 40-year-old man, of no fixed place of abode, will be able to call Dodds prison home for the next eight months.

Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant imposed the sentence on Marston Owen Mascoll today after he pleaded guilty to having in his possession yesterday cocaine paraphernalia – a small bottle broken at one end and a wire mesh at the other.

“I ain’t have no bottle. That is something the police find,” Mascoll declared in the No. 2 District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court just before the facts were read by Sergeant Cameron Gibbons.

The prosecutor said police found the bottle in Mascoll’s pants pocket, but the accused man was able to manoeuvre and smash the item to the ground. It was examined in his presence and found to contain white residue suspected to be cocaine.

He reportedly admitted knowledge and ownership at the time, but told Cuffy-Sargeant this afternoon he knew nothing about the bottle.

“That is something the police find, [but] I am not wasting no time, so I plead guilty because I don’t have no one to sign bail,” Mascoll explained.

Just before the magistrate imposed the sentence she pointed out that Mascoll was incarcerated last year for six months on a similar charge.

“Wait! Six months last time, eight months now, next time will be 12 months or a year? Keep them up!” a visibly upset Mascoll said.

However, his legal troubles did not end there as he was facing two additional criminal charges.

He pleaded not guilty to having articles for committing theft, namely a hammer, screwdrivers, pliers and spanners on January 31 at a place other than his place of abode.

Mascoll also denied a charge of loitering at Jemmotts Lane, St Michael, with cause to suspect that he was about to commit theft.

He returns to court on March 1.

One Response to Mascoll jailed for eight months

  1. kk February 2, 2018 at 11:54 am

    again!!! 40 what???? pounds????


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *