TRINIDAD – Father vows vengeance as son, friend gunned down

PORT OF SPAIN – With his dead son’s blood smeared on his face, the father of one of two men murdered in Pleasantville yesterday vowed to get justice for his child.

Ralph Natty Rebel Donaldson, in a fit of rage, vowed vengeance as he stood from a distance while undertakers removed the bodies of his son Jahmie Donaldson, 26, and Akeemie Wilson, 30, from the scene.

Wilson’s mother, Cleopatra Wilson, who was also on the scene, screamed: “Who did this to my child?”

The neighbourhood of Elm Street, Coconut Drive, was rocked by a volley of bullets around 11.20 a.m.

Two men, armed with high-powered guns, alighted from a silver car, ran up to where Donaldson and his friend, Wilson, were cutting grass and opened fire on them, eyewitnesses said.

They fell to the ground and died instantly after being shot several times. Wilson, a grass cutter, of Golconda Settlement, was helping Donaldson cut grass at his home before they went further down the street to clean another property owned by the Donaldson’s family.

Moments after the incident, Donaldson’s father ran to the scene hoping to find his son still alive and hugged his lifeless body.

Holding up his large silver pendant, the grieving father said: “He and he partner is be here cutting the yard. They gone over there by a next yard which belongs to all of we. Some men pass, I don’t know if my son do something or my partner son do something, they pass and just kill them. Watch my face if I find out who kill them I will kill them seven days a week and twice on a Sunday, I will kill them . . . yuh don’t do them kind of thing.”

Wilson’s mother was inconsolable as she pleaded with the police to see her son’s body.

“I want to see my child. Who do this? Why?” screamed the mother.

After the body was put into the undertaker’s van, she was allowed to view his body.

Overcome with grief, the mother had to be assisted by relatives. Police could not immediately pinpoint any motive for the killings or whether both men were the intended targets.

Apart from a gas station robbery charge against Wilson more than a year ago, police said neither of the men was known to be involved in criminal activity.

Police officers from San Fernando CID and Homicide Bureau, including assistant commissioner of police Harrikrishen Baldeo, superintendent Rohan Pardasie, inspector Darryl Corrie, inspector Don Gajadhar and sergeant Ramroop were among the officers on the scene.

Source: (T&T Guardian)

7 Responses to TRINIDAD – Father vows vengeance as son, friend gunned down

1. Sean Obadiah Kneel
    Sean Obadiah Kneel January 11, 2018 at 9:10 pm

Please, don’t seek vengeance but seek Him.

• Rishona Graham
      Rishona Graham January 11, 2018 at 10:08 pm

Would you not want vengeance for one of yours ?

• Sean Obadiah Kneel
      Sean Obadiah Kneel January 11, 2018 at 10:55 pm

Rishona Graham I would want God to take care of the situation. “Thou shalt not kill” is one the ten commandments. If someone doesn’t live by the law then they’re already in a bad place. They are lawless! More times than other they bring people down with them. That’s the trick of the enemy. The blind leads the blind. I’m not going off a cliff following someone that’s already having a hard time with their own life. One death doesn’t wipe away another. When I leave this earthly plain and I meet my maker (God-The Creator) I wouldn’t want the death of someone on me. This situation is sad and heartbreaking for that parent. I know at this moment the father is feeling a lot and is saying a lot out loud. Give him time and I know He will send him a sign….a peace. I know everything is going to be alright when the dust clears. In Jesus name. Everybody needs time to heal. Nobody is perfect. I find it best to repent, forgive, and move-on. That’s why parents today should be “praying parents”. Parents should be praying with their child or children, more than once a day. It seem to be a shift in the world today…more people are killing people for a few coins. Prison systems are creating a better system than some parents and schooling. People are not happy with themselves anymore. They’ve to own materialistic things to feel important. So much is going on in the world today…those that know His name and holds fast. Shall see the reward including the reward of the wicked. The righteous shall never be forsaken! In Jesus name. Thanks be to God! Grace and Peace.

2. Richard Braithwaite
    Richard Braithwaite January 11, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Black lives matter ?
    The devil has his grip..?

3. Cynthia Bee
    Cynthia Bee January 11, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Sad very sad

4. Sabrina Brathwaite
    Sabrina Brathwaite January 11, 2018 at 10:57 pm

What is happening to the Caribbean?

5. Adrian Allison January 12, 2018 at 3:02 am

Sean Obadiah Kneel
    Hear this and hear it good.
    Revenge is sweet, why do you think the Almighty said “Vengeance is mine, I will repay” ?
    It’s ok for you to sit on the sidelines and give your advice not having a clue about the emotions of a loving parent who has just begun to experience losing a child to this kind of violence. You don’t have a clue despite how much sympathy you may feel for this father so it’s easy from your pious position to talk because you aren’t the one with the loss.
    I would never advocate revenge to anyone but personally and I was this father I can only see myself as a kindred spirit because I endorse every single word he said and maybe it was just his rage that cause these words to be spoken but I’ll tell you now because I have been there in thought that God forbid I was in his position I would be resolute to destroy whoever was responsible for my child’s death but before that occurs the person or persons would be begging whoever they call their God that I would let them die because I promise that it would be the most painful and agonising death that any human could experience.
    I swear that this isn’t just an idle threat but a faithful promise of a loving father, As there is a God.
    Now you can comment what you like but that is a position that I would never move from regardless of how much Scripture you may quote.