Welcome to Rihanna Drive

It’s official!

The hometown of Barbadian pop icon, Rihanna, has been renamed in her honour.

Westbury New Road in the parish of St Michael is now Rihanna Drive following a special ceremony this evening dubbed, Our Diamond – The Rihanna Drive Project.

11 Responses to Welcome to Rihanna Drive

1. gsmiley November 30, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Well deserved.

Up and on!

2. Saga Boy November 30, 2017 at 10:18 pm

This was just a fantastic ceremony. I am sure that this will inspire and motivate many of the young people who currently live or will in the future live in Rihanna Drive. Well done Rihanna.

3. Marcia Clarke December 1, 2017 at 12:31 am

Congratulations Rihanna!

4. archy perch December 1, 2017 at 3:41 am

Barbados has now fallen in line with the long list of countries that honour their own musical artist. Congratulations Rihanna and thanks for never ever forgetting us, as you always seem not to forget where you “come from”. There are many professionals – as I believe I can label you – who seem ashamed to disclose where they came from and choose to be cocky and aloft. Thanks for everything you have done here in Barbados following your success Rihanna, and for your assistance with upgrading aspects of the public hospital. Thanks for your impromptu speech at yesterday’s function which I am sure would inspire our youths and others. But Rihanna, I am sorry that you we’re the one to capture the heart of Prince Harry; I thought you both looked were together when he last visited Barbados. It would have been the bomb, were that to have happened and both of you declared the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Barbados would have scored a homerun. Anyway, my only hope now is for the people of Rihanna Drive to take care of their neighbourhood better from this day forward, and keep out the undesirables. Become part of tourism and be ever more proud of your island. Beware of the naysayers and empty promises. Beware also of critics. Your future is brighter. God Bless!

5. Greengiant December 1, 2017 at 6:08 am

I’ve had to rebuke someone in my household for their negative comments about this project.

A woman, believe it or not. Some women are worse towards each other than the abusive men they criticize.

6. seagul December 1, 2017 at 7:06 am

While traveling around the world, I’ve had the opportunity to learn and appreciate idiosyncrasy. The fact is, there is really no such thing as ‘normal’ – everyone’s different, and that is the essence of their beauty…. You may not always agree with the message of roots music or the music of the Sun. But it reflects what millions of people today are thinking and feeling. I have a very interesting take on understanding the cultural impact of music. And it’s a strong one. The vibrations of music has integrated people.
    It creates our sustenance and endurance. Emancipate yourself to be in—the castle of your skin.
    The verses of fire that rages in our soul from Marley to Gabby to Buju banton shall always be….

7. Carlisle Norville December 1, 2017 at 8:38 am

time & chance happens to everyone( there is more to life than life)
    with all our getting, we must get an understanding of our purpose & the reason why we are here on earth @ this time, & what we are supposed to do with the allotted time we are given.( life is a school & we are to graduate , evolve into higher consciousness ( sex, & having all types of fun, is not the TRUE purpose of life, we should STRIVE to show compassion to others,& help those who we can seek & you SHALL find (N.B.)( hope you appreciate these few words from an evolving soul( NAMASTE)

8. Carlisle Norville December 1, 2017 at 8:51 am

the SECRET to a fulfilled LIFE is to find out what you feel very incline to do( it’s like intuition) if it’s painting, go after it, if it’s going to sea find out how to get on a ship, whatever you have a deep gut feeling to do, go for it you were born with a blue print let intuition guide you,( use your imagination )(visualize what it is that you realy want )eventually your dreams WILL come true, ( your Mind has MAGIC( if you can behold it You CAN have it)
    if you are SMART, you will realize that I am speaking from a perspective of Knowing.(NAMASTE)

9. milli watt December 1, 2017 at 9:33 am

I likes!

10. hcalndre December 1, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Glad to see that Barbados have decided to give Rihanna one of their own some recognition. America have not said that she is not one of them so we are not going to acknowledge her, they are with her all the way. I must mention that on a call-in program in Barbados I heard a woman calling for Rihanna to be stripped of being an Ambassador for Barbados and if I only knew that woman, I would like to ask her if she would accept the use of the machine that Rihanna have donated to the hospital or be the deceit old woman that she is and refuse the use of it. I`m hoping she reads this or someone that knows her can tell her what was blog on BT.

11. Angela d December 5, 2017 at 11:06 pm

CONGRATS AND BEST WISHES IN ALL YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVOURS. HOPEFULLY WE WILL ALL STRIVE FOR BETTER AND BEST AND INSPIRE OTHERS. I WAS DRIVEN TO TEARS WHILE WATCHING THE EVENT ON TV. WESTBURY PRIMARY WELL DONE TO U ALL.