Police probe unnatural death

Police are investigating the unnatural death of a 23-year-old male at Smith Road, Pine, St Michael.

Police Public Relations Officer Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler told Barbados TODAY the man was discovered hanging from a cross bar in a bedroom at his home by his mother.

Lawmen are currently providing the grieving family with counselling.

“At this stage we are providing the family with counselling to help them to cope with this traumatic experience, this significant loss.

“In addition to this, our victim support counsellors will also be made available to assist the family in coping with this tragedy, Cobbler said

23 Responses to Police probe unnatural death

1. Sharon Taylor
    Sharon Taylor November 27, 2017 at 11:51 am

Now if ya know who live here, ya know who died! Why wunna news ppl does be so insensitive though?

• Andrea Carter
      Andrea Carter November 27, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Correct

• HardBall November 27, 2017 at 12:31 pm

But you know it will be come public knowledge soon, the police will release his name.

• Eleanor Maxine Harewood
      Eleanor Maxine Harewood November 27, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Sharon dem just getting the news across, don’t blame dem, if it wasn’t for the newsmen no one would of known, these newsmen have hearts and families to you know , and these sort of things are very hurtful and hard to bear , we as a public , not only bajans send out our heartfelt condolences to this young man an his family at this time during avery untimely death, our prayers go out to them , as bajans too we have to be a strong support network for our fellow people , so don’t come down too hard on the news people they got it hard too, this right here god only knowing how that family fearing , trust me Sharon they need our prayers right now , leave de news men out , lets keep focus and like i said ask God to comfort this family , in Jesus name , i know sweety cos i have been there , i lost my disabled daughter a month ago this date , girl no one in the world could hold me , but i bring my troubles to god and leave dem there , i took my pain and sorrow to him , in the name of our living god , so take it easy Sharon and easy up pun de news men

• Sharon Taylor
      Sharon Taylor November 27, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Eleanor Maxine Harewood Suppose d fella aunt, sisters, father and brother overseas and this is how they find out, by seing a pic of this house…. D police withholds the name of the person for a reason…respect that!

• Sharon Taylor
      Sharon Taylor November 27, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Eleanor Maxine Harewood I sympathize with you, and hope u continue to pull through your own piece of hell that life has thrown at u, I really do…. But no I can’t let this slide…. It was sneaky and lowdown on the part of the journalist… They know how it goes, the police will release the name of the victim…. But nooooo, they must get the extra scoop…. Vile person…

• hcalndre November 27, 2017 at 8:24 pm

@Sharon Taylor; I can see that you are one of the bajans that have a problem with the media, you would rather live in the dark ages where you would know nothing about what`s happening or when it took 3 months for a friend or family member to know that is living outside of Barbados. Progress and technology is very hard for some people to accept.

• Eleanor Maxine Harewood
      Eleanor Maxine Harewood November 27, 2017 at 3:20 pm

sharon u really better think ya, the public has to be informed and it is these news ppl jobs is to keep the public informed, if i didnt turn on my computer today n check our bajan news here i would of never known this , i ain’t downing u , but at least give these news ppl some credit too, both of we here should stick to what really went down and not interferring with these news ppl and their hard job they got to bring this news to us , u really feel ur one or me feeling bad for this family , any body would , our focus right here , right now should be pun dem , i can bet you the family aint worried about no news ppl , they know they mean well , i know dem mean well n i don’t even live out there , when this thing happened to me a month ago , i was in shock , i couldnt eat , i almost dead, u hear me , but i had to be strong , people went all out fa me man , if any thing u should be the one here praying like me and sending this family love and support , they need it , they need it , come on we are being selfish just arguing among ourselves , this family needs every part of our emotional support right now , n i want u , yes u sharon to join me in a prayer ok , we going in a prayer session right now , Dear heavenly father in heaven , today we pray for this family , put your loving arms around these ppl dear god , they need you right now father in heaven , please god do not let them suffer no more than what they are doing now , give them the strength like u gave me a couple of weeks ago , wen i had no way to turn , but i did , i turn to u , with out you we are nothing , bring me , sharon , this family , all of us more closer to u that no family would have to go thru some thing like this ,this is hard dear god , i have been there , i want to take what u gave me , strength and kindness , a heart to love a nd care better than i did before , give it to others , not to curse and fight ,but bring my anger , my hate , every thing to you let u be my footstool , my rock and this family too , in jesus name i pray , Amen

• Eleanor Maxine Harewood
      Eleanor Maxine Harewood November 27, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Sharon Taylor i gine dun wid dis right now but let me tell u some thing , u said some thing about my own piece of hell life throws at me , girl your time gine come too , none of us gets to live for ever , you better pray that god spares you when your time comes , you seems very insensitive to try to throw remarks a t me , but i wont attack u back , first of all i dont know u n secondly i raised better than that , if u think that you will never have tragedy in your life u r wrong my friend , you aint know what in store for you yet, only god knows that , so you better watch what u r saying , at a time like this hate is not the answer but like i said i dont want to get in anything with you , i just drawing a point like u drew urs , but u must wake up try to get out that ship shaped world , death comes to every one sweet heart , we dont know the day or the hour , it sneaks up on all of us , the thing is to try to live a good life thats all we can do , n hopefully god dont throw a piece of hell at you , all i am telling u is that u going too hard pun the news men , but if ur head hard and you want ta ga long and believe what ever u want do that , but dem remarks u throw at me , i give u a good ten years n i bet u gine eat dem

2. Kim Connell
    Kim Connell November 27, 2017 at 11:56 am

23 lord

3. Alicia Baker
    Alicia Baker November 27, 2017 at 11:58 am

so sad

4. Andrea Carter
    Andrea Carter November 27, 2017 at 12:00 pm

So saddening to see there is no privacy with things like this

5. Roberta Ford
    Roberta Ford November 27, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Rip so youg

6. Tamah Mon Polo
    Tamah Mon Polo November 27, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Ryan Gaskin

7. Zabeeda Alli Abdool
    Zabeeda Alli Abdool November 27, 2017 at 12:33 pm

My deepest sympathies to the families

8. Eleanor Maxine Harewood
    Eleanor Maxine Harewood November 27, 2017 at 12:48 pm

look i want to comment this seperately , i was jus addressing some thing i really want to send my heart felt condolences to this family , this is very sad but the lord do not give us no more than we can bare, keep your trust and faith strong in the almighty , seek deliverance , may god put his hands around this family and guide and protect at this time , may they use this to bring them closer to god , in the name of our heavenly father ,amen , not only this family needs the father right now we are need him , Bim is a very religous country , well most of us and when any thing tragic happens like this , we does have to seek comfort in god , like we have to do in all times , i hope this family stay strong in christ and believe that the father will heal dem , in jesus name i pray

9. Janelle Marshall
    Janelle Marshall November 27, 2017 at 1:35 pm

I extend my sincerest condolences to his family.

10. Helicopter(8P) November 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm

The statement which says folks would know by the photo-shot of the residence goes to show how small our community is on our tiny island.

11. Ejd November 27, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Get real. This is news. How do you share news? Insensitive my foot!

12. Dwayne Babb
    Dwayne Babb November 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Tricia Goodridge

13. Anfaani Henry
    Anfaani Henry November 27, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Condolences to all concerned.

14. J November 28, 2017 at 12:51 am

Condolences to his family and friends

15. Anthony Prescott November 30, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Could you be the first to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps you can aspire to the standards of the “progressive nations” and give the readers: The start, the middle and the end of the story…. sequentially that makes some sort of sense.

There is no use have Jounalists that dont do what they are supposed to do: every serious act, only tells the demise which is evident. Readers want to know what actually led up to the person’s demise.

And can you also print the proper programmes on CBC’s daily TV broadcast and stop taking the Mick!!

Too many petty issues need to be resolved and most are at the hands of people who are deliberately trying to cause confusion in the masses lives, too many petty issues…..the society is set up by the elites…… Quite a simple deduction after living in a more progressive nation, none of these petty things are issues….

Its a silent war on the masses by the elites,wake up guys !! Its a THEM and US war !!