Students remanded

Two male students who were arrested and charged in connection with a disturbance at a secondary school in St Michael on Wednesday, November 22, appeared before Magistrate Graveney Bannister in the District ‘A’ Traffic Court today.

The 16-year-old, who has been charged with wounding with intent, was remanded to prison, to reappear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court on December 22.

The 15-year-old, who has been charged with inflicting serious bodily harm, was remanded to the Government Industrial School (DODDS) to return to Juvenile Court on November 29.

During the disturbance at the school, a cutlass was used to slash a 16-year-old student several times on the right hand.

32 Responses to Students remanded

1. Helicopter(8P) November 25, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Lord mek peace! Looka wah school days come to! A Collins coming outa school bag? I can remember the days when plantation workers were finished cutting sugar cane he or she would have to wrapp the Collins or English bill in burlapp and newspaper before coming down the main road if not doing so and District ‘B’ land rover passed by and spotted you with an exposed Collins you were a cooked goose!

2. Cecil Mayers
    Cecil Mayers November 25, 2017 at 3:46 pm

I mean in a way I’m glad to see them pay BUT. When u study it. Children. Doing hard time in a jail

• Kim Gaskin
      Kim Gaskin November 25, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Because of their ages u call dem children?….

• Cecil Mayers
      Cecil Mayers November 25, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Yes they are not adults not that I mind cause they ass get put in jail cause how dem get on nowadays they deserve it. What i mean is look how bad it got cause years ago it would have seem unheard of

• Aleisha Crichlow
      Aleisha Crichlow November 25, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Dem is children??? Normal children don’t behave so!

• Queenie ShaSha
      Queenie ShaSha November 25, 2017 at 5:33 pm

U can fix a child but a grown man b too far gone

• Conchita Moseley
      Conchita Moseley November 25, 2017 at 7:27 pm

CAAN DO BIG MAN CRIME AND EXPECT BABY PUNISHMENT. MEK DEM LEARN DEEEE HARD WAY. BET DEM THINK TWICE.

• Cecilia Millar
      Cecilia Millar November 25, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Do the crime do the time children my backside children don’t get on so they are men and women and should be treated as such their minds are bent on crime

• Gail Alleyne
      Gail Alleyne November 25, 2017 at 10:25 pm

I don’t feel bad for them they had enough sense to know what they were doing now let them take the punishment.

3. Donild Trimp November 25, 2017 at 3:50 pm

I totally agree with this decision by the magistrate.

Both their asses in custody until December 22nd.

This lawlessness must be eradicated.

Kudos to the Magistrate for sending the signal that this ignorant behavior would not be tolerated in Barbados.

• Jennifer November 25, 2017 at 4:06 pm

I tell you this, sending these young people to jail will not change or deter anyone . Going to Dodds will soon be seen as a badge of honor. The underlying/ROOT cause MUST be tackled. They also need to start building another jail.

4. آهنگ جدید November 25, 2017 at 4:01 pm

5. Aleisha Crichlow
    Aleisha Crichlow November 25, 2017 at 5:29 pm

GOOD GOOD GOOD

6. Mackar November 25, 2017 at 5:38 pm

I wonder what my old headmaster Mr F.H. Barker would say about these school Rebels.?????

7. Ras November 25, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Demons in the Schools
    More to come stand by

8. Greengiant November 25, 2017 at 6:09 pm

@Jennifer: Since you think it will be seen as ‘a badge of honor’ you should join the honorable group of citizens and go to Dodds. We need to remember the juvenile detention center is named Dodds as well.

• Jennifer November 25, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Hear this GG, I understand you insite and the lack thereof also. Have you ever wondered why black children of the slave trade rebel in this way all over the earth???? All this saga can be fixed, but the powers that be do not want to fix it. To fix this problem will start another one, so it is best to let things be and sacrifice the lambs. I listened intently to a SCHOOL CHILD one day talking about how he went to juve and was currently on bond, which he liked but which was soon coming to an end. And you know what – he was intending to go back. This whole black thing can be fixed, it is like being in a wilderness and going in circles when the freedom is just over the hill. I trust u see and hear what I have said.

• Jennifer November 25, 2017 at 7:22 pm

GG – one of these days when u got time, listen very CAREFULLY to the LYRICS of THE HONOURABLE BOB MARLEY. It is important not to get distracted. And u will see why he was taken down.

9. Jennifer November 25, 2017 at 7:43 pm

These children are in no doubt doing some bad stuff, but I not will lay all the blame at their feet. This government have colluded to deceive this people via a variety of faux, funnelled systems devoid of this people true history resulting in a barrage of social, psychological and spiritual problems for both adults and children alike. Especially dysfunctional behaviour. I guess if it was not that then it would have been terror.

10. fedup November 25, 2017 at 7:50 pm

I want no part of bad behaved children..glad as u know what I int got none. Thank you Lord!!

11. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn November 25, 2017 at 8:47 pm

The judge should order one of his finger to get chopped off the same way. That will be justice. Let me see how he is going to feel.

• Angus Benn
      Angus Benn November 25, 2017 at 9:14 pm

You see the words may. I don’t believe in May.

12. straight talk November 26, 2017 at 12:19 am

And sent them back up for christmas to return to court in January.

13. Rodney Callender November 26, 2017 at 3:26 am

Jennifer I am sorry, but I find it hard to understand your posts. Pay attention to your punctuation. Try using some commas and full stops. No offence meant but I would like to understand what you are trying to say.

14. Rodney Callender November 26, 2017 at 3:34 am

Sorry Jennifer that post was not meant for you. My deepest apologies. I am so sorry.

• jennifer November 26, 2017 at 7:11 am

No worries Rodney. .

15. Carol Grant Cumberbatch
    Carol Grant Cumberbatch November 26, 2017 at 8:20 am

Lord help us.

16. Alex Alleyne November 26, 2017 at 8:50 am

The word is out that DODDS is a GOOD JAIL. Come taste and see.
    All these young MEN in jail in their peak/prime of life , what are they doing for (sex), fun ?. Charlie -M said “there is plenty of sex in jail”.

17. Kayden Jada
    Kayden Jada November 26, 2017 at 11:49 am

Good call those little demons think because of they age everyone going to give then a free pass to commit murder?

18. Janice Worrell November 26, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Them should be locked up until after Christmas.

19. Dave searles November 26, 2017 at 4:13 pm

You know ..i have grown weary of people blaming the government for every situation in the society…parents need to damm well parent, the extended family need to exist again and the village need to, dispute all the modernisation and so called progress play their part instead of leaving it to government policies and teachers to do their job.
    I along with the extended family and the village(god parents, church members and real friends) all played vital rolls in seeing the development of my 3 children..20,18,and 16..to this day no issued. We are by no means privileged or poor great..no private schools ..springer lodge and st. Leonard’s. Address Bush Hall, Bayland, Vauxhall and Kings village…yet amid it all they have achieved..2 in college with excellent GPS.what did I Do?…simple …MY PART..if every did like wise…watch the transformation…sometime the solutions are not as complex as we make them..stop passing the damm buck that’s all.

20. milli watt November 26, 2017 at 7:38 pm

put yuh hand dey and we good…………don’t put yuh hand dey and we BAD! REAL BAD