JAMAICA – Mother in child beating video reports to police

KINGSTON – The police and representatives of the Child Protection and Family Services Agency (CPFS) are to meet this afternoon with the woman who was seen in a video violently beating and threatening to cut off the neck of her young child.

Superintendent in charge of the Westmoreland Police, Lansford Salmon, says the meeting was arranged after the woman reported to the Whithorn police station on Saturday, when the video began circulating on social media.

Salmon says the woman is not in custody at this time.

He says the meeting this afternoon will determine the next course of action to be taken as the investigation progresses.

The CPFSA yesterday confirmed that it had begun probing the circumstances that led to the woman using what appears to be a belt to beat a young child while she hurled threats of cutting off the child’s neck.

The child protection agency said its investigation revealed that the incident took place in September.

The agency says the woman is currently receiving counselling.

It is not certain at this time what has been done in relation to the child who received the beating.

Source: (The Gleaner)

10 Responses to JAMAICA – Mother in child beating video reports to police

1. Maureen Larocque
    Maureen Larocque November 20, 2017 at 8:28 pm

No child deserves to be beaten!!!!!!!!

2. Ashanda Coward
    Ashanda Coward November 20, 2017 at 8:37 pm

When sometimes if I even raise my voice at my son I feel bad, I always remember Jesus said not to harm these little ones, it would be as if a noose be tied around your neck. This action would just make her rebel that’s all. Sometimes, I would get frustrated we all do as parents and his principal would say that’s why you pay us. I am no teacher, but I try my best and my first option is not to lash either I would talk to my son first etc. Sometimes I would make him stand in the corner for a few minutes for a time out, lashing is a last option for me. But she took out to much frustrAtion on that little girl, but I can tell you she would still say I love my mommy trust me. But talking first helps solve things, punishment of taking away stuff again lashes is a last option for me.

3. Paulette Noel
    Paulette Noel November 20, 2017 at 8:42 pm

I am a parent and grandmother when i watch that tears come to my eyes and i got real disturb and angry

4. Sophia Martindale
    Sophia Martindale November 20, 2017 at 8:49 pm

I’m glad she got reported. That child should be taken from her.

5. Marcia Small
    Marcia Small November 20, 2017 at 8:53 pm

All of them want taking from her and the person that recording it

6. Denisha Solomon
    Denisha Solomon November 20, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Debbie Bishop

7. Kearn Williams
    Kearn Williams November 20, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Someone actually filmed this. She should have some questions to answer to as well

8. Jessie Hope
    Jessie Hope November 20, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Take them out of that home no child should have to live with that

9. Aalia smith November 21, 2017 at 10:38 am

omg take that child from her for true man

10. Aalia smith November 21, 2017 at 10:39 am

she want to go to prison