St Philip 12-year-old missing

Police are seeking the public’s assistance in locating 12-year-old Ashani Mary Jane Petite of Foul Bay, St Philip, a pupil of the Princess Margaret Secondary School. She was last seen by her mother Amelia Petite sometime around 8:30 a.m. on Friday, November 17 when she left home for school. At the time she was wearing her school uniform.

Ashani is 5 ft 5 “tall, stoutly build, has a flat forehead, thin eye brows, large eyes and nose, a pointed chin, small ears, is full breasted, speaks in an abrupt manner and short relaxed hair. Her right-hand dips low to the ground when she walks.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is being asked to contact the District ‘C’ Police Station at telephone numbers 416-8200 or 416-8201, police emergency number 211 or the nearest police station.

58 Responses to St Philip 12-year-old missing

1. Sazara Pewterschmidt
    Sazara Pewterschmidt November 18, 2017 at 7:40 am

Not every weekend so there int no weekend that none of these children go missing? But what I realise is that everytime the missing bulletin get put up the children does magically return home

2. Kim Gaskin
    Kim Gaskin November 18, 2017 at 7:42 am

Mummy; she’ll b back on sun nite. ..

3. Cherylann Bourne-Hayes
    Cherylann Bourne-Hayes November 18, 2017 at 7:45 am

Boy these descriptions kill me. ‘Her right hand dips low to the ground when she walks.’

• Sharon Taylor
      Sharon Taylor November 18, 2017 at 7:58 am

She walks with a gait which tends to lean to the right….

4. Veronica Wiggins
    Veronica Wiggins November 18, 2017 at 7:48 am

AWOL…..and MISSING are two different things. For the parents family and friends sake I pray you are found or resurfaced quickly.

5. Amelia Gittens
    Amelia Gittens November 18, 2017 at 7:50 am

Ammmmmm all time so man hope nothing serious but these kids that just disappears like this and worry parents when return need something doing with them especially ones wasting police and public time

6. Russell Margaret
    Russell Margaret November 18, 2017 at 7:54 am

Seems to be a game of hide and seek now. Someone needs to pull the brakes.

7. Angela Chase
    Angela Chase November 18, 2017 at 7:56 am

She gone Manning so don’t let the age fool u,they r trying topunish their mothers

• Maria Roach
      Maria Roach November 18, 2017 at 8:10 am

They saw the video with the school and the man (teacher) and they looking for action too

8. Ali Baba
    Ali Baba November 18, 2017 at 8:23 am

MISSING HAVE TO BE CAPITOL OF BARBADOS, EVERY SPLIT SECOND SO WHA LOSS

• Gillian Skeete
      Gillian Skeete November 18, 2017 at 10:41 am

She show up at school? How many hours before a person is missing before search or it’s put on paper etc??

• Ali Baba
      Ali Baba November 18, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Gillian Skeete to my knowledge 24 hours …….but these things cause for great concern

• Gillian Skeete
      Gillian Skeete November 18, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Ali Baba happening too often makes me wonder if something more sinister going on

• Ali Baba
      Ali Baba November 18, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Gillian Skeete SOMETHING REALLY WRONG, WHAT EVER EVIL( S) THAT TAKING OVER THIS COUNTRY, I PRAY GOD THROUGH HIS SON WILL DESTROY THE WRONGS

9. Yvonne Sealy
    Yvonne Sealy November 18, 2017 at 8:27 am

But what happens when they return home is what I’m eager to hear and also the “reason” for leaving…..

• Ali Baba
      Ali Baba November 18, 2017 at 8:35 am

ALRIGHT THEN

• Yvonne Sealy
      Yvonne Sealy November 18, 2017 at 8:37 am

Ali Baba, then and only then will I make my judgment call and execute my punishment were she my offspring

• Yvonne Sealy
      Yvonne Sealy November 18, 2017 at 8:39 am

No frivolous excuse/s acceptable either.. Oft times these children are very delinquent from the jump and overlooked by parents

10. Gillian Skeete
    Gillian Skeete November 18, 2017 at 8:29 am

So a 12 yr old is a minor
    Is this the child? Or fake? Media is supposed to put photos of children even partial ones in newspaper?????

• Kim Ramsay
      Kim Ramsay November 18, 2017 at 8:44 am

How else will she be identified in the absence of a photo? She’s missing

• Cyan Jada
      Cyan Jada November 18, 2017 at 9:30 am

With the parent’s permission I’m sure it’s allowed

• Michelle Griffith
      Michelle Griffith November 18, 2017 at 9:52 am

If the child is missing, it it obvious a photo would have to be provided for identification, because more often than not, you cannot go by the description given by the police.
      I see photos on posters of younger children than her that go missing, maybe not in Barbados, but elsewhere.

• hcalndre November 19, 2017 at 3:21 am

Michelle; they are even put their pictures on milk cartons which millions of people purchase, but then again this is Barbados still not there yet.

• Gillian Skeete
      Gillian Skeete November 18, 2017 at 9:54 am

Cyan Jada I don’t know
      I do know in Grenada no minors face can taken in photo or filmed either it is illegal. Something about protecting minors
      Like I said I don’t know what is right here laws here are confusing at best

11. Sheryl Smith
    Sheryl Smith November 18, 2017 at 8:52 am

When is the Hennessey Show again because it can’t be because of the Logos Boat?…Still praying for safe return home.

• Sharon Taylor
      Sharon Taylor November 18, 2017 at 10:48 am

Very funny about the show…. She gone missing too early…

12. Michael Crichlow
    Michael Crichlow November 18, 2017 at 8:56 am

Something or someone seems off here ,or some form of cheap entertainment

13. Cyan Jada
    Cyan Jada November 18, 2017 at 9:36 am

It’s not always fair to say that the girls go “ Manning”.

When I was young and my mom was on my case… I’d think of leaving too. But the thought of returning and getting more licks was worst.

Sometimes these kids leave after something is happening at home. They are told to leave, they feel neglected or unwanted, they might be victims of all kinds of abuse. The parents are aware, but would never confess to what ACTUALLY caused them to leave. My nephew left his mom’s house and spent the night outside a nearby church because his mom hit him and told him to leave. All he did was to stand up against his step father . So he did… then of course the police were called to go find him. Every situation isn’t the same

• Joy Wharton
      Joy Wharton November 18, 2017 at 10:33 am

A very reasonable and realistic comment. Every story is different, and it’s sad nowadays these so called parents or women, are so neglectful

14. Maureen foster November 18, 2017 at 9:42 am

cheese on all d time so and then you hear she is safe back home..case close stupesssss..girl Mek haste n come back home fa school on monday

15. Sophia Branch
    Sophia Branch November 18, 2017 at 9:50 am

This will only stop when these people who harbour these kids are put before the court and pictures exposed

16. Judy Hamilton
    Judy Hamilton November 18, 2017 at 9:58 am

12 years old. Hope for safety return. My good lord

17. Kimeisha Mason
    Kimeisha Mason November 18, 2017 at 10:03 am

Oh my god

18. Cuthbert Lucas
    Cuthbert Lucas November 18, 2017 at 10:37 am

Many reasons can be given for the absence. It is not nice to say that she gone Manning. Sometimes these little ones are under so much pressure at home or school.pray for her safe and speedy return

• Joy Waldron
      Joy Waldron November 18, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Ohhh please pressure… some these young ppl don’t want hear them rather feel…

19. gsmiley November 18, 2017 at 10:51 am

Sharon Taylor a gait is how one walks so one cant walk with a gait…. stupse.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Stop trying to be intelligent.

• Hewers of wood November 18, 2017 at 2:11 pm

lol. that’ll teach her.

20. Chyna Catwell
    Chyna Catwell November 18, 2017 at 11:10 am

Hope she returns for school Monday morning.

• Sharon Ellis
      Sharon Ellis November 18, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Don’t worry she will be back, too bad there will be no consequence.

21. Alistair Clarke November 18, 2017 at 11:40 am

Has compassion gone from our society? Some of the comments here are distasteful.
    Praying she’s safe and well.

22. Kira November 18, 2017 at 11:59 am

Hi my name is kira I was talking to her yesterday at skool yes I go to the same school as petite she is like my bestfriend she was last seen in town out there by Jordans .
    Hope u get home Safe she is tI’ll alive
    Still alive my name is kira andrecia Sargeant savoury I am Inot form 2 I at princess margaret

23. Clevroy George November 18, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Hi Joy..looking to connect to the Waldron family in Black Rock..I am from Guyana..my great grandfather was from Barbados and came to Guyana many years ago and remained here, until he died..

24. E Jerome Davis
    E Jerome Davis November 18, 2017 at 1:31 pm

She is alive. She was spotted today in town around 11.30 a,m. in the van stand.

25. Anfaani Henry
    Anfaani Henry November 18, 2017 at 1:39 pm

hope she is found safe and if she is by a man she wants nuff licks and the man want beating down

26. Cecilia Carew
    Cecilia Carew November 18, 2017 at 1:50 pm

I can never wrap my head around these situations.

• Pam Carew
      Pam Carew November 18, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Today’s paper said she is back home

27. Dawn Peters
    Dawn Peters November 18, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Plzz can’t blame all the parents the parents are trying but some of these children don’t want to obey or listen want their own way parents can only do so much

28. Dawn Peters
    Dawn Peters November 18, 2017 at 3:12 pm

She might want extra cash to spend

29. Kira November 18, 2017 at 3:45 pm

I hope u are safe petite love by kira u school mate

30. milli watt November 18, 2017 at 4:54 pm

speaks in an abrupt manner……….she ain’t got no manners. so remind me again why I should be wasting time looking for this one.

31. Ossie Moore November 18, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Cherylann Bourne-Hayes : You are perfectly right and I cannot reiterate enough how stupid bajans are when it comes to having common sense. Bajans only have common sense when it comes to ” wuking up in de streets or coming out in support of ” a fete or crop ova ” . . .among a list of other other stupid things .

No one on the comments seem to be bothered that The Barbados Today news managers continue to describe black people like they are describing animals or slaves. An article about an RH sign a short while back drew more responses and comments than articles about black people being described in a derogatory manner.

Bajans ! ! ! just a bunch of black cattle and that’s what King Dyal said back in the 60’s / 70’s when he used to walk through Bridgetown dressed in his purple suit , smoking his pipe and with his walking cane.

Now the Barbados Today , the ROYAL BLACK Barbados Police force and other media outlets continue to re -echo King Dyal’s words.

Does Kaymar Jordan and Sandy Deane ( Barbados Today Mngrs. ) realize that the very same descriptions that they and the B’dos Police are giving out are pointing back to themselves also ?

Large nose , broad flat forehead , thick lips , protruding teeth , large eyes , dark complexion , bow legs , round head etc , etc.

It seems to me like a description of the staff at the Barbados Today newspaper ( with the exception of Peter Harris ) and the entire Barbados Police force .

I’m sure that animals would describe black people in B’dos a lot better that black humans in B’dos can describe themselves.

• hcalndre November 19, 2017 at 3:29 am

Ossie; the only thing that is missing from their description is the length of her tail.

32. Pinky Dadu
    Pinky Dadu November 18, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Some y’all ridiculous -_- Not everyone’s default is to go “Manning”

33. carlisle Norville November 18, 2017 at 7:46 pm

instead of social workers visiting some schools, a school like princess Margaret needs a psychologist.I have visited that school on two occasions ,a lot of those girls up there or not girls, they getting on like big women,& they are very open to adult behavior, instead of judging them, we need professionals to help them.that is the problem, the people who can change things doing NOTHING, & our young people on the road of doom

34. gsmiley November 18, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Ossie Moore I ask again . Are you the real Ossie?

Oh and by the way describe yourself for me during your next installment.

I am dying to hear it.

35. Cathy Jessamy-Babb
    Cathy Jessamy-Babb November 18, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Sorry, Barbados parents have lost control of their children. Why? A once well-behaved society is now gone loose. I feel that the older men with a few dollars in their pockets are luring the little away from home. When I was a little girl going to school, I used to see the older men drive up in their expensive cars and encourage the girls to get in. Some would get in the cars, others didn’t. Predators.

36. Ralph Hall
    Ralph Hall November 19, 2017 at 7:28 am

They had a Catholic priest who used to try to pickup school boys at bus stop in Oistins