Police constable and friend missing at sea

Police and members of the Barbados Coast Guard have launched a search for a 38-year-old police constable from St Peter and his 49-year-old friend from St Thomas, who disappeared off the rocks in the area of the Animal Flower Cave, Connell town, St Lucy, sometime after 11 p.m. on Friday, November 10.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the two friends, who would normally fish together, went fishing on the sea rocks.

Around 9 o’clock this morning, an employee of the Cave, on arrival at work, observed the fishing equipment on the rocks but did not see anyone.

An alarm was raised and a search launched for the two men.

9 Responses to Police constable and friend missing at sea

1. Jennifer November 11, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Off AFC – Well this does not sound or look good.

2. Ossie Moore November 11, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Okay ! sorry to hear about this mishap and I wish them well , hope that they are found safe . My prayers go out to the families.

Already I know how the ” BLACK ROYAL ” Barbados Police Force and the ” very weak bajan media ” will describe the missing men . . . .

(1) large round head

(2) broad forehead

(3) Protruding teeth

(4) Large eyes

(5) Bow legs.

The usual ” black runaway slave ” description that they were taught by the British years ago as how to describe black people.

• Jennifer November 12, 2017 at 11:18 am

Ossie M – you are a funny person when you ready. Black and Royal together sounds like an oxymoron. But I see what you mean.

3. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn November 11, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Supposed they forget the fishing equipment.

4. les November 11, 2017 at 9:53 pm

sounds fishy to me

5. milli watt November 12, 2017 at 5:44 am

that Norther Division in the news again……

6. Sheron Inniss November 12, 2017 at 6:43 am

I hope this is not another one of those occasions where bodies are either recovered or never found.

This a dangerous love affair and I for the life of me do not understand why the men do not reflect on past happenings. This belief that it can’t happen to me just is not true. I have been doing it all the time and nothing ever happens. Well we all know what the old folks say.

7. Ossie Moore November 12, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Jennifer , just to show you how stupid the average bajan really is . . . . . there are no responses to my comment about them being described as animals or slaves by their own black race ( whites bajans and other races do not describe their own like animals ) . But if I had made a comment about ” wucking up en de streets ” then almost the entire black population of Buhbaydus ( Barbados ) also known as Little England , also known as Bim and also known as the land of the flying fish , would have commented.