Three-vehicle smash up at Porters, St James

Three people complained of injuries following a three-vehicle smash up today along Porters, St James.

The accident, which occurred around 12:30 p.m., involved a minibus, B84, driven by 33-year-old Richan Bourne of Lodge Road, Christ Church; a silver Suzuki hired car, driven by 32-year-old Jessica Walker of Husbands, St James; and a white Toyota van, driven by 27-year-old Ezra Simpson of #2, Gall Hill, St John.

Walker complained of pain to her right hand, neck, head, chest and right foot and was transported to hospital for medical attention.

The conductor of the minibus, 30-year-old Wayne Cozier of Eagle Hall, St Michael also complained of pain to the left hand, while Bourne complained of pain to his right foot. They both opted to seek private medical attention.

Police are investigating the matter.

13 Responses to Three-vehicle smash up at Porters, St James

1. Doug McGrory
    Doug McGrory November 7, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Ouch

2. Sophia Lewis
    Sophia Lewis November 7, 2017 at 6:31 pm

And there among them as expected….the route taxi. Hereendeththelesson

• Sue Donym November 7, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Which one’s the route taxi?

3. JG Dillinger
    JG Dillinger November 7, 2017 at 6:53 pm

I know ppl got the right to say what them want but sometimes i does really wonder how ppl can claim that them educated ….smh

4. Sheron Inniss November 7, 2017 at 7:00 pm

@ Sophia Lewis. I concur.

5. M.m. Cumberbatch
    M.m. Cumberbatch November 7, 2017 at 7:29 pm

What route taxi in that picture? The bus on it side of the road. The bhs lick down the shelter trying to avoid the van. I know minibus and zr got their stigma but geeze. On the news it was reported the swift hit the white van and from the pic it stands to reason the driver saw what was happening and tried to get away. Lord sometimes our hatred of things just cloud our common sense.

6. SHARON November 7, 2017 at 8:04 pm

sophia lewis and sheron inniss please stop giving zr bad name this time there is no zr in the three-vehicle smash up today along Porters, St James.The accident, which occurred around 12:30 p.m., involved a minibus, a silver Suzuki hired car, white Toyota van, ZR do not run this side of barbados
    mini bus is not to be blame this time

7. James Amlighty
    James Amlighty November 7, 2017 at 8:48 pm

I hope none of these facebook judges don’t ever have to do jury duty

8. Sheron Inniss November 7, 2017 at 9:13 pm

@ Sharon. I meant minibus. Happen to know that one. One of the bad behave ones that I don’t catch. Yes I pass the accident this afternoon. If it was up to me a lot of them would be off the road forever; no apologies.

@ James Almighty. I would never be asked to do jury duty. Why? That for me to know.

9. Lee November 7, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Every time some cowboy forgets the “due care and consideration” rule . . . the price of motor vehicle insurance goes up for all of us! B84 is a well known offender. Ten to one odds he was somehow responsible.

10. F.A.Rudder November 8, 2017 at 11:44 am

An every day occurrence in a so called literate society ?

11. F.A.Rudder November 8, 2017 at 11:47 am

Is this a remarkably good thing for tourism my fellow Barbadians?