Plans underway for national day of prayer

Plans are underway for a national day of prayer and weekend of thanksgiving under the theme Pray Barbados.

The events, which are slated to run from Thursday, October 26 to Sunday, October 29, are being coordinated by an inter-denominational group of churches.

In a joint statement, Senator Rev David Durant of  Pastors Prayer Fellowship and Rev Eliseus Joseph of Apostolic Teaching Center said: “this is a critical period in our Nation’s history, and we are seeking God’s intervention, guidance and leading”.

30 Responses to Plans underway for national day of prayer

1. Dennis Connell
    Dennis Connell October 21, 2017 at 12:35 pm

These two names keep coming up all the time. ..remind me of the last time one name came up

• Jay Manny
      Jay Manny October 21, 2017 at 1:13 pm

One of them is the same idiot that said God talked to him and said the late PM was not going to die.

• Dennis Connell
      Dennis Connell October 21, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Remember I ain’t seh so. .lolll

2. Chris Alleyne
    Chris Alleyne October 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm

and that’s going to achieve WHAT????

3. Seth St John
    Seth St John October 21, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Really? Wow… yall can pray whenever you want, why does it have to be a national day of it? Tithes not high enough these past few months since nsrl?

4. gsmiley October 21, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Yuh wicked Dennis Connell.

5. jennifer October 21, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Now this is where problems gine start, because what you people praying for – god do not want. E.g you want peace and harmony, economic recovery and servitude, but god want war, bloodshed, and separation. So it will be nothing but default praying. WOT. And unless you know your hystory and the bible, you will not understand what I said.

6. Natalie Murray October 21, 2017 at 3:57 pm

I am a firm believer in God and prayer!! I am wondering whether it is a coincidence that the prayer sessions are being held the same weekend of the BLP annual conference .

I totally agree that my country needs prayer but not when prayer is use as a Political Strategy. It is a shame when Christians would use prayer and things related to God in this way. I am all for a genuine Prayer of Healing for my country Barbados.

Anything that is done for the wrong reasons will Fail and not have God’s blessings.

7. Pullhead Davis
    Pullhead Davis October 21, 2017 at 4:16 pm

These dates are coinciding with Blp conference and David Durant is one the names I smell more than a rat dems using the church now Howe low can you go to fool bajans if you don’t support dem keep far from this thing

8. Ras October 21, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Please pray to bind that Sodomite spirit, cast out all those homosexual demons, bun fire and brimstone on those demons cast them in the Abyss

Leviticus 20:13King James Version (KJV)

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

• jennifer October 21, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Soon bro. The sky red.

9. Sheron Inniss October 21, 2017 at 8:52 pm

I pray every day but with that lot no way.

10. Milli Watt October 21, 2017 at 9:44 pm

ssstttuuupppssseeeee…………….

11. Mac October 21, 2017 at 11:44 pm

How many national days of prayer have we had in the past
    15 years.? It appear as though these prayers are in vain.

12. hcalndre October 22, 2017 at 2:27 am

Beware of false profits. In some other countries, after his prediction that the PM was not going to die, he would have been captured and imprisoned for life. This time his wooden god told him that a national day of pray is going to cure all the ills of Barbados, a fairy god mother going take care of the debt and his party, the DLP in the next few months will have the country doing well again, even better than before. Where is this thing going to be held, is it going to be televised on CBC?

13. Alison Blackman
    Alison Blackman October 22, 2017 at 3:19 am

I praying daily for the change of goverment and the Lord will answer my Pray

14. Sheron Inniss October 22, 2017 at 7:22 am

@ Alison Blackman

me too

15. Tony Webster October 22, 2017 at 7:45 am

Q: “How shall we know them?”

A: “By their fruits shall ye know DEM”.
    Verily, AND Amen.

16. jrsmith October 22, 2017 at 8:43 am

In all this time wasting for praying, we should be getting the weed whackers out and clean up the bush around barbados …
    Also brothers and sisters pause for a moment , to remember Haiti and the other islands in our region , which are smashed up ……..

• Jennifer October 22, 2017 at 8:56 am

@jrsmith – all hail. Were you scared with the red sky last Monday????? I hope you did not believe it was Sahara dust and storm as the authoritatives hatched up.

17. Pauline Hoyte
    Pauline Hoyte October 22, 2017 at 9:20 am

Blessed is a nation whose God is the Lord.

• Samud Ali
      Samud Ali October 22, 2017 at 9:43 am

What does that mean??

• Dwayne Sealy
      Dwayne Sealy October 22, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Samud Ali hope you’re not waiting for an answer, hit and run experts abound in this place

18. Maxie Taylor
    Maxie Taylor October 22, 2017 at 11:12 am

Wunna could pray for a month. Won’t make a fart of a difference.

19. archy perch October 22, 2017 at 11:24 am

I pray that the people of Barbados do not get caught up in rhetoric like the Americans and the British and vote their emotions in next year”s general elections. I pray that Barbados will never see the day when any government would allow same sex marriage in this country. I pray that all Professionals or people who call themselves Professionals will obey Barbados laws and produce their qualifications upon demand. I pray that the BLP big-wigs will be severly punished for viciously booting a talented sitting elected MP from her seat namely Dr. Maria Agard.
    I pray for Dems Again! Dems Again! Dems Again!
    I also pray that the QEH has enough space to handle the pressure after next year’s surprise. I finally pray for a husband for Mia which would then make me vote for her finally becoming a family woman…a role model.

• Ralph Greene October 22, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I pray that you get sense.

20. Ras October 22, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Easy archy Easy thee killer Bees going come after you

• Ras October 22, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Now we finally found out God is not a bajan, as his former people in Barbados are now looking to Sodom and Gomorrah for salvation and bowing down to jezebel and all these mother harlots that coming out the wood work, because they smelling the rise of Babylon again, I pray that Jehovah will find enough Righteous people to spare Barbados from the kind of devastation that Dominica, St.Maarten, Barbuda , Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and the other Islands that were battered by recent hurricanes.

If not Jah I pray send thee Earthquakes, send thee Category 5 strength hurricanes

21. jrsmith October 22, 2017 at 3:49 pm

@, Jennifer, hail hail, your (8:56) I had just got back from barbados on business, but I have seen similar small images some years ago ….. My take what were they testing……………….