Off to jail

Caesar accused of robbing not one but two schoolboys

A 20-year-old man who allegedly robbed a 15-year-old schoolboy last Friday was jailed today after he breached a court order.

Rawle Anthony Caesar, who has no fixed place of abode, is accused of robbing the 15-year-old of a $200 bracelet and a $200 bangle on October 6. He was not required to plead to the offence as it is alleged that a firearm was used during the crime.

However, it was not that charge that landed him in jail today but one which occurred on June 9 when he robbed another schoolboy of a $300 cellular phone.

Station Sergeant Glenda Carter-Nicholls said the victim was walking along Montrose Road, Christ Church around 3 p.m., when two men approached him.

The men grabbed him, with one pushing his hand in the child’s pocket. The schoolboy held onto his pocket but subsequently released it after being cuffed in the stomach. The culprits then ran away while the boy who informed his parents of the situation was taken to the police station.

Caesar was detained earlier this week and interviewed, but denied any knowledge of the incident. However, the boy picked him out in a police identification parade yesterday.

“I was there but I didn’t rob him. I didn’t take the cellular phone and I don’t know where the phone went but I plead guilty because I was there,” Caesar told Magistrate Elwood Watts in the Oistins Magistrates’ Court today.

“Hog is pork,” Watts replied, explaining to Caesar that he was part of a joint enterprise.

“It is the same thing as if you did the deed yourself,” the magistrate added.

As a result of today’s guilty plea, Caesar, who was handed a suspended prison sentence on February 8 last year for theft, will have to spend the next six months behind bars.

He was also ordered to compensate the schoolboy for the $300 phone by October 16 or he will have to spend an extra month at HMP Dodds.

A family member who was present in court today assured the magistrate that the money would be paid by then.

Caesar returns to court on November 8  in connection with the October 6 offence. The prosecutor revealed that another man was being sought in connection with that case.

58 Responses to Off to jail

1. Dennis Taitt
    Dennis Taitt October 12, 2017 at 11:54 pm

Time does not fit the crime. He needed 10 years with lashes

2. Sophia Weaver
    Sophia Weaver October 12, 2017 at 11:58 pm

Hog is pork…guilty by association

3. Sharon Woolley
    Sharon Woolley October 13, 2017 at 12:08 am

Coward who robs school boys, not big enough to rob men. Needs a few months hard Labour along with hotel Dodds

4. janettr reifer October 13, 2017 at 12:12 am

What is so wrong with hard labour for these mule donkey criminals?
    All you doing is fulling up Dodds with these criminals for taxpayers to feed them to return to society to do a repeat. What are they giving back to society apart from being a menace and a lost cause?
    It time to make these brainless criminals really feel to the bone. The Magistrate behaving as though these cases are football or cricket matches. Make these criminal giddy as though they have vertigo when they walk out the court.

5. Paz Tiempo
    Paz Tiempo October 13, 2017 at 12:20 am

Anyone should be able to wear anything but $400 in jewellery coming home from school im just saying

• Henderson Yarde
      Henderson Yarde October 13, 2017 at 12:25 am

The point is he shouldn’t be lusting, plotting or taking what is not his. So throw your thoughts through the window

• Loretta Green
      Loretta Green October 13, 2017 at 4:53 am

Real thing Henderson Yarde

• Shakem Clarke
      Shakem Clarke October 13, 2017 at 7:43 am

It is his jewelery, if he wants to wear it , it is his choice, the guy ain’t had no right robbing him regardless off how much jewelry he had on.

• Angela Thompson Branch
      Angela Thompson Branch October 13, 2017 at 8:11 am

$400 or $4 it was not his to take

• Mhizz Kelly P Forde
      Mhizz Kelly P Forde October 13, 2017 at 8:19 am

Preach !

• Pamalea Payne
      Pamalea Payne October 13, 2017 at 9:07 am

That mean none of us should buy anything cause some RH waiting to take it

• Paz Tiempo
      Paz Tiempo October 13, 2017 at 9:56 am

Its amazing how none of u all read the first part where i said anyone should be able to wear anything and just jumped right to the ending im just saying wen i was going school when snapbacks was in style if u were wearing one there was a 70% chance it wud get snatched so im just saying criminals see children as “soft targets” and snatch their phones and expensive things anyone with common sense knows a criminal will break in a two storey house with a benz outside than a wooden shack if u all dont understand that oh well

6. Henderson Yarde
    Henderson Yarde October 13, 2017 at 12:23 am

Not a cent, pay your self or spend the extra month. That’s the only way these fellas going to learn.

7. Drina Chase
    Drina Chase October 13, 2017 at 1:08 am

Shari Lewis

8. Conchita Moseley
    Conchita Moseley October 13, 2017 at 1:39 am

Jail ? mek he work cleaning the rubbish bout dee place. LONG HOURS.

9. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn October 13, 2017 at 3:28 am

He should get 3 years in jail. This is not the first time nor the last time. He is a theft and a threat to society.

10. Andrea Bascombe
    Andrea Bascombe October 13, 2017 at 4:28 am

I am glad this child’s case was proven because when the story of the robbery was first released, some of those commenting doubted the boy. Now we are seeing the another boy was robbed as well

11. Lady-Stylez Pilgrim
    Lady-Stylez Pilgrim October 13, 2017 at 4:59 am

Glad he was caught but why during the school week he has on $400 in jewellery it’s not even a watch unless he was trying to impress a girl and unfortunately end up being robbed . Smh

12. James Amlighty
    James Amlighty October 13, 2017 at 5:13 am

School boys loaded these days.. not saying he deserved to be robbed. Another one going prison and getting fat off the tax payers, no punishment whatsoever the system is a joke

• Larry Thompson
      Larry Thompson October 13, 2017 at 6:26 am

Why would you think he is going to get fat .is there anything great food up there not like he going to prison in Sweden or norway or Europe

• Adrian Allison
      Adrian Allison October 13, 2017 at 6:41 am

I agree with you Larry Thompson because there is a great misconception that Dodds Prison is a nice place to be but nothing can be farther from the truth. We listen to a lot of idle talk of past offenders who have been there who through embarassment spins this story that you are entitled to three square meals allowing one to get ‘fat’. The reality is that Glendairy Prison was a day in the park compared to the St Philip institution and only a fool would want to go there as an inmate.
      Embarassment is the main reason some of foolish ex-cons concoct these absurd stories of the grandeur of prison stay.

13. Margaret Brathwaite
    Margaret Brathwaite October 13, 2017 at 5:44 am

I think the Law is too lenient with these criminals. It’s time to start initiating some good hard labour in them backside for crimes like those

• Adrian Allison
      Adrian Allison October 13, 2017 at 6:48 am

Not the law Margaret, what is lenient is the Courts………..there is a huge difference.
      No wonder there are so many frustrated and disgruntled police officers in Barbados because nine out ten times the police investigates, arrest and brings these criminals before the courts, the prosecutor does his job as well but the problem asserted itself when some of these bleeding-hearted judges dish out these light sentences like there are appetizers and quite forgetting to give a full meal afterwards.

14. Carolyn Robertson
    Carolyn Robertson October 13, 2017 at 5:53 am

To keep shame off your family face I would claim no fix place of abode so we find living quarter for you

15. Lennox hewitt October 13, 2017 at 5:53 am

He had 400 jewellery on cause it his and he or anyone should able to wear on put on anything there feel i see school boys n girls withtop phone carrying school etc all happen he cannot get men rob so he rob children only thing he should get 3 year for one so its the boy jewellery not dem own .

16. Kathrine Kirton-Murrell
    Kathrine Kirton-Murrell October 13, 2017 at 6:03 am

It is time that people like him get some hard labour. He wants sendin to dig rock out of a quarry by hand. Then he will learn his lesson.

• Adrian Allison
      Adrian Allison October 13, 2017 at 6:56 am

That is the problem I have with the prison system in Barbados.
      These parasites need to work while in prison to sustain themselves, to compensate the justice system for their time in prosecuting them and in restitution for their victims .
      That is what I consider paying their debt to society, anything less is just a paid vacation with restrictions.

17. Crystalene Alexander
    Crystalene Alexander October 13, 2017 at 6:26 am

Family member assured the court that the money would be paid in…not HIM…a family member….smh….family encourage these ppl.

18. Dana Jemmott
    Dana Jemmott October 13, 2017 at 6:53 am

It’s not good to steal but y would u let ur child wear to school $400. In jewellery …. just asking????

• Shakem Clarke
      Shakem Clarke October 13, 2017 at 7:42 am

• Zed Layson
      Zed Layson October 13, 2017 at 7:52 am

He doesn’t need jewellery at school my friend

19. Ailuj Neerg
    Ailuj Neerg October 13, 2017 at 6:55 am

Brownin Nicholls

20. Linda Dear
    Linda Dear October 13, 2017 at 6:57 am

It seems on this island since I’ve moved over here from England..it’s just about stealing,taking ,asking you for money,..For me I’ve been warned over and over ..: Don’t have anyone in your house,don’t walk around with a bag,don’t wear any jewellery..Even got items stole from my home when I moved from one part of here to where I am now from the removal company in St George..I was recommended to them,so that means nothing..When my boxes were emptied after about 2 weeks..Yes surprise surprise a good few items were gone..Im usually a very friendly person but I dare not make a friend in 8 months here..I would Love to go to a church,but I would have no idea who I’m standing next to..What I’ve learnt about going to Church here is that people have got to go to clear there conscience ..Well for at least 1 week..then of again the following week and ask for forgiveness again ..then repeat…I do give them guts though..Talk about Taking Micky out of God..How people who have the nerve to walk in a house of God..I will never know..I know one very well..His words were just a few weeks ago..: I’m worse than anyone! Isn’t it a classic? Yep he goes every week..but doing nothing by the book!! So this man who stole from this young lad..No it’s very bad, but it would have been a lot worse had he followed up and gone to church to try and put it right by God..Like all these other false people do.So Yes punish him for what he done..I agree with that..But God will favour him more for not trying to suck up to him..It’s the others that do that have got to be careful..As they say..: Many are called..few are chosen..One day I will get to a church here for the right reasons..not because I’ve done something bad ..Then go! I just wouldn’t have the nerve to..Still I give credit to you all that do bad in your heads and Heart by pinching,stealing ,using people,for there own needs ..So all I can say is God please make allowances for these people’s heads..Im thankful I pray every night in my home and in the morning say ..Thank you for waking up.Thats me being a Christian..Oh and the word Honesty..Again I know a great believer of Church on this island for many years who held it against me for being honest..Hasn’t spoke to me since ..because of that word Honesty ..Classic again AH!

21. Venus De Freitas
    Venus De Freitas October 13, 2017 at 7:01 am

Young people do something productive with ur youth where u will not regret in later years to come

22. Adrian Allison
    Adrian Allison October 13, 2017 at 7:03 am

@ Carolyn Robertson
    Lady, you need to stop listening to my family business, lol.
    This is exactly what I told my son while he was growing up. If he ever found himself arrested for some criminal act and he knows that he’s guilty then he needs to tell law enforcement the truth, that he has no fixed place of abode because honestly, his father would have been kicking his ass out, period.

23. E Jerome Davis
    E Jerome Davis October 13, 2017 at 7:05 am

He does not look like someone of no fixed place of abode.

24. David Yarde
    David Yarde October 13, 2017 at 7:09 am

25. Sherla Gilkes
    Sherla Gilkes October 13, 2017 at 7:19 am

These criminals want some severe punishment tho bearly getting a slap on the wrist.

26. Eutavine Weeks
    Eutavine Weeks October 13, 2017 at 7:21 am

Let’s all come together and find a solution to help these young children oh my God have mercy

27. Diana Cave
    Diana Cave October 13, 2017 at 7:55 am

He has the rights to wear what’s his , he should buy his own and leave the youngster alone .

28. Hugh Roberta Ferguson
    Hugh Roberta Ferguson October 13, 2017 at 8:11 am

Robbed at GUN POINT….Where is the legal min sentence by Sir David Simmons, $5000 fine & 1 year???….Now we know why the WILD WEST is a booming business in BIM….

29. Sonia Russell
    Sonia Russell October 13, 2017 at 8:14 am

Watless

30. Shelly-Ann Caddle
    Shelly-Ann Caddle October 13, 2017 at 9:39 am

Allene Collins peep this sis

• Shelly-Ann Caddle
      Shelly-Ann Caddle October 13, 2017 at 10:44 am

Allene Collins yup I know after reading the article I am like what in the world

31. Mhizzjoan Moore
    Mhizzjoan Moore October 13, 2017 at 9:40 am

I glad ya pathetic cow :/

32. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce October 13, 2017 at 9:41 am

Scum!

33. Shelly-Ann Caddle
    Shelly-Ann Caddle October 13, 2017 at 9:41 am

Where is SHARON TAYLOR you was asking what could this child be Rob of there you go I find you to be naive in that comment you made

34. Andrea Scantlebury
    Andrea Scantlebury October 13, 2017 at 10:10 am

When you could put them to cut down bush along side the road and plant food upon a lot these lands that growing so much bush and hide away to throw the dead after being murder

35. Andrea Scantlebury
    Andrea Scantlebury October 13, 2017 at 10:13 am

Look at he face? he look like if he k stupes

36. Keith Forde
    Keith Forde October 13, 2017 at 10:21 am

THESE YOUNG MEN LOST,MOST OF THEM ARE FOLLOWERS AND NOT LEADERS.

37. Mary Thacker
    Mary Thacker October 13, 2017 at 10:40 am

All he want is some hard punches in he stomach & all 10 fingers breaking never to use again

38. Audrey Worrell
    Audrey Worrell October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am

Look where he winding up at such in the prime of his youth no contribution to national development but when he get old he want social security benefits. smh

39. Thunder October 13, 2017 at 11:42 am

This story is so sad for a number of reasons,there are too many people who come before the courts,who have no fixed place of abode,which is an indication,that homelessness is increasing in this country.
    Then as an adult you chose to join with someone else to rob a school child,too many able bodied young men are resorting to such measures to deal with underlined problems in their lives.
    The other person who helped robbed the boy needs to be charged as well.
    These men need to go and work and learn how to take care of themselves,however what is a school boy doing with a 300 dollar cell phone?this is an indication of how far parents will go to please their kids,but all having an expensive phone is going to do is attract more thieves, I would have left that phone at home,and given the child a cheaper phone,but I think there is a lot of competition for kids to fit in to a certain bracket,but is it worth their life?

40. Belfast October 13, 2017 at 1:21 pm

He will surely find the Magistrate’s words true as he enters Dodds Prisons, “Hog is pork”.