New hive

They are all former candidates of the Opposition Barbados Labour Party.

However, tonight Member of Parliament for Christ Church West Dr Maria Agard (second from left), former St Michael South Central representitive David Gill and former St John candidate Hutson Griffith came together at Notty’s Bar, Haynesville, St James, in support of the United Progressive Party, led by attorney Lynette Eastmond (left).

Here, Agard, who is yet declare who she will be representing in the next election, seems at home in the UPP camp.

23 Responses to New hive

1. Arthur Collymore
    Arthur Collymore October 10, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Of little or no consequence to the outcome of the 2018 General election. They can all joint the new fledgling UPP & add some much needed money to the treasury.

• Adrian Allison
      Adrian Allison October 10, 2017 at 10:00 pm

I think Mark Adamson would welcome them, after all, they are in the same boat going nowhere.

2. Adrian Allison
    Adrian Allison October 10, 2017 at 9:54 pm

I like Maria but this is a sad set of characters.

3. Oliver Smith October 10, 2017 at 9:54 pm

The unchosen. Birds of a feather flock together.

4. Veronica Wiggins
    Veronica Wiggins October 10, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Birds of a feather flock together.

5. d-coolie-man October 10, 2017 at 10:18 pm

they are a bunch of shenanigans ..

6. Jennifer October 10, 2017 at 11:02 pm

politics never change. They even know the favorite place is still dah rum shop.

7. Ernesta Catlyn October 11, 2017 at 4:47 am

Collectively, they have lost how many times?

8. BaJan boy October 11, 2017 at 6:34 am

Take out Maria who only won because she was in a constituency where Sir.Henry Forde laid the foundation,the other three losers have lost 12 elections collectively. They couldn’t win a toilet SEAT being raffled between the three of them alone.

9. Harry October 11, 2017 at 7:10 am

bajan boy true true and they are going to lose their deposits next year

10. andy g October 11, 2017 at 8:10 am

it was situations like these when the dlp was formed.lots of negativity was said about it.result…….progressive league demise.blp slaughtered.people are so fed up with these two party,I wont be surprise to see a good performance from the new parties

11. roger headley October 11, 2017 at 8:29 am

The right composition of a third party could do exceptionally well but I do not think, respectfully that persons are interested in warmed-over soup. I am one that would gladly like to see a strong third alternative but Lynette, Wendell nor Granville Phillips have not been able to grab my attention – sorry

12. archy perch October 11, 2017 at 10:35 am

Tannis and Sutherland both fighting for areas to kiss on Mia’s rear end. Each time I look, I see Sutherland under Mia’s armpit sucking up. Tannis used to do that with Stuart too. SMH. This phony from St. George South going around promising people big government picks when he become a Minister. Even threatening to punish people for supporting the DEMs. Tipical BLP.Look how they ousted Maria a sitting elected MP.

13. Mark My Word October 11, 2017 at 11:15 am

With all these former BLP members moving away from Mama Mia and taking some of the BLP votes looks like DLP will win again

14. chris hill October 11, 2017 at 12:35 pm

wonder when owen will be showing his face among this crowd. would not mind being a fly on the wall to hear the he said she said conversation.

15. Sylvan Greendge October 11, 2017 at 1:13 pm

To think that Barbadians are blindly going to the polls in the next election and support the new leadership of the BLP is a vulgar display of arrogance and ignorance on the part of it’s supporters. The mountain of accusations leveled against it must raise serious concerns for it’s credibility. I think they have actually swallowed the findings of the last flawed opinion poll that in my humble opinion was deliberately designed to give the impression that there is ground swell support for their leadership, when in fact the word on the ground is the complete opposite. There isn’t a day that ends in Bim that you do not hear the stern rebuke of the leadership of the BLP. I believe the next election will be a battle for the moral and ethical values of this country. Credibility will therefore be the main focus of the campaign and the BLP’s leadership woulds would have to state their claim. A country without morals, ethics and credibility is a country doom to economic and political failure. Barbados still has citizens raised with good old fashion morals and has the highest rate of church goers for a country it’s size and I would like to think that what is being taught in these churches would stand us in good stead as we go to the polls to find a government worthy of leading us. You can fix a country’s economic woes through economic structural adjustments but you cannot fix the moral decay of a country through legislation. Simply because you cannot legislate attitudes.

16. Mark Adamson October 11, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Slyvan Greenidge, very well rendered. A brilliant contribution.

Now compare your contribution with the ones from Adrian Allison.

Yours are a far more substantial contribution.

Poor Adrian Allison.

He really thinks that thousands upon thousands of Barbadians realizing that the newer parties have come straight from out of the environment in which persons have been beaten by the oligarchs will continue to politically support these olgarchic people; rather than to greater politically support the newer parties that especially are about doing better for the disadvantaged and marginalized in Barbados and for the country itself.

17. Lorenzo October 11, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Sylvan Greenidge,at one time you were a member of the BLP,perhaps an Owen Bee what happened you did not get what you wantd with Mia and hence the sarcasm?I do not think you want to open up any debate of morals atElection time because people in glass houses should never throw stones because the one,s coming bavk at you might be too much.The people are concerned with the economy and in those leadership stakes Ms Mottleys wins hands down.

18. Greengiant October 11, 2017 at 5:47 pm

I’m not squestioning Mottley’s personal ability, but what makes her known for having sound economic judgement?

Her knowledge as far as I know is in the legal profession, though her qualification in that area is now being questioned. So while I do have much admiration for her, I wonder how and on what basis can anyone blow her economic trumpet.

19. Tallboy October 11, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Is this the same Sylvan Greenidge who only a few months ago was seen at the Hilda Skeene school tossing his hat in the proverbial “ling” to represent St Philip South under the BLP banner???

He was soundly beaten by Indar Weir…….

OMG…………..Unbelievable

20. Lorenzo October 11, 2017 at 10:03 pm

GreenGiant what economic knowledge has been shown by The PM or the current Finance Minister,i will tell you 20 downgrades,so what are you saying that Ms Mottley would do worse,give me a break.Sometimes in your haste to defend your party I don,t think you use your brain before you type,maybe instead of being such a yardfowl you would be better off staying silent.

21. RB October 12, 2017 at 12:03 am

A waste of time , money and energy.

22. Greengiant October 17, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Lorenzo mate, I never mentioned anything or compared anyone with the PM or the M O F. Why would I be comparing any of them when there are all the same? Persons like yourself continue to look for the better of the two evils. Guess you’ve lived your life accepting under performers, and accepting the better of those under performers.

I don’t and won’t support your B L P or the D L P, so you can rest assured that you don’t have to worry about my vote helping you or helping them. It will be a hindrance to you both.

I’ve noticed you do like the word ‘yard fowl’ and uses it favorably when compared with the rest of you vocabulary. If you are a fowl in the yard at Roebuck Street, the only yard I’ve ever frequented is the yard at St. Ann’s Fort. There’s no yard in George Street, or Roebuck Street that attracts me.