Please release me, begs Grimes

After suggesting that he was not worried about the consequences of refusing to perform 140 hours of community service, a 20-year-old man returned to court today begging for a second chance after spending time on remand at Dodds prison.

“I can’t handle it Sir, please, I am very sorry for displaying my awful behaviour. I really can’t handle it in prison, that time killing me,” Schifo Romario Grimes of Pilgrim Road, Christ Church told Magistrate Douglas Frederick in the District ‘A’ Court today.

Grimes had pleaded guilty back in February to possession of cannabis and was given “a golden opportunity” which he did not grab with both hands.

In August an official from the Probation Department, which oversees community service, told the court that Grimes had no desire to complete the hours allotted to him and also had no regard for the consequences.

In fact, Grimes had completed only five hours of the service despite being issued with several warning letters over his failure to report to perform his duty.

When he appeared in court via an arrest warrant, Grimes told the magistrate he was not interested in the community service.

However, today he had an obvious change of heart.

“There [jail] ain’t no place for me. I honestly can’t stay in jail. People just coming round me . . . taking my things. I am not a bad boy, Sir. I just asking if I can get another chance to prove myself. I begging you. I can’t handle it please,” Grimes pleaded.

His mother, who was present in court, also told the magistrate that her son “did not give no trouble” but just would not do the service.

“All the good boys end up here,” the magistrate stated, as he gave Grimes his second chance at community service.

“Thank you your honour,” a grateful Grimes said as he left the court to return on December 8 for a progress report on his community service.

18 Responses to Please release me, begs Grimes

1. Bigge Figzgerald Olddubboss
    Bigge Figzgerald Olddubboss September 29, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Ooooooooo rasoul

2. Bigge Figzgerald Olddubboss
    Bigge Figzgerald Olddubboss September 29, 2017 at 10:57 pm

WA hppb

3. Veronica Wiggins
    Veronica Wiggins September 29, 2017 at 11:07 pm

I pray for your sake you have learnt your lesson

4. Tomekio Gooding
    Tomekio Gooding September 29, 2017 at 11:14 pm

You where just been ah lil force right ass but i hope you see now it doesnt pay off

5. Joy Wharton
    Joy Wharton September 30, 2017 at 12:13 am

Please release that young man to a place that can help him. He looks malnourished

6. Divine Duchess
    Divine Duchess September 30, 2017 at 12:33 am

Well u came to ur senses real quick and im glad u did. I pray u keep ur promise and stay outta trouble

7. Margaret Brathwaite
    Margaret Brathwaite September 30, 2017 at 1:24 am

I guess he got a wake up call after visiting the concrete hotel. We will wait and see how long he can last in society before he goes back to his habit

8. Lavern Stuart
    Lavern Stuart September 30, 2017 at 3:40 am

Hope it is a wake up call and he follows the straight and narrow path. Too many of these good boys seem to be doing things that are not good. Maybe there’s a new trend of goodness these days

9. Shane Francisco Giles
    Shane Francisco Giles September 30, 2017 at 5:48 am

Miss brathwaite u should shut u mouth for real crying down on ppl hope u ain’t got no family that get in trouble

10. bobolee-popo September 30, 2017 at 6:23 am

All like now he should be in dodds going d 6-thirty and bawling..

11. Loretta Green
    Loretta Green September 30, 2017 at 6:51 am

Shane Francisco Giles what’s wrong with Margaret Brathwaite’s comment? ?? It’s the truth! !!

12. Claire Battershield
    Claire Battershield September 30, 2017 at 6:54 am

I would give his mother community service too. This is how they get to this point. When younger and you tell them to do something they bluntly refuse and the parents would say “If he /she in want to do it i can’t force them” .

13. d-coolie-man September 30, 2017 at 7:52 am

force-ripe should be up in Dodds all like now doing d 6-thirty and bawling.

14. Kathyann Sandiford
    Kathyann Sandiford September 30, 2017 at 8:08 am

hmmmm

15. Lisa Wharton
    Lisa Wharton September 30, 2017 at 10:10 am

Jail get u uglier boy

16. janette reifer September 30, 2017 at 10:41 am

Bad ass outside. Ass humble inside.

17. Carlos damanos September 30, 2017 at 11:40 am

One people not working want people work for free .and well he buy and sell weed everyday as hemp powder and hemp leaves so why the fresh one illegal again ? Police need to look for the people commit the real crimes all these parents killing kids and no one doing a single day .no wonder Barbados getting such down grades

18. Nikolai Seinfeld September 30, 2017 at 6:16 pm

You guys need to get off your high horse. Possession of cannabis doesn’t hurt anyone. Poverty does. Unemployment does. High taxes do. Guns do.
    Detaining a youth for a negligible amount of weed isn’t helping anybody; it’s a drain on public funds.