Dominica PM blue vex

A deeply disturbed prime minister Roosevelt Skerrit on Friday said he was really upset with certain elements in the country who, in his estimation, were seeking to undermine the future of the Dominican people.

At his daily media briefing the prime minister called on those who were using social media and other methods to spread false information to stop it.

“This talk about food supplies and partisanship with food supplies and politicians are the ones dealing with the delivery of food supplies – this is total nonsense,” a visibly upset Skerrit said at the briefing which was carried live on social media.

“As the prime minister of this country, I sleep on the floor. As the prime minister of this country, I bathed this morning from a bucket of water. I don’t eat corned beef, I don’t eat sardines, so where the hell am I going to put corned beef or stock up sardines at my home or anywhere else?” he demanded to know.

Skerrit explained that while relief supplies were coming in, there were limitations in terms of places to store the supplies in communities because every single home in the country was damaged during the passage of Hurricane Maria on September 18.

He further reported that the distribution of supplies was being managed by the international aid agencies.

“People who are seeking to undermine the government’s effort of bringing relief and bringing aid and bringing restoration of services to our country, need to stop it,” he said.

“We can’t be going out there on social media, on the radio and elsewhere and making these unfounded, baseless, malicious allegations. It’s not going to hurt me and this thing must stop. Because it’s really p…. me off that there are people out there talking a bunch of nonsense about food supplies.

“All of these attempts are geared to undermine our efforts,” the angry leader said, adding that “this damn country has been destroyed. It’s been devastated. Schools are destroyed and people are out there talking a bunch of nonsense about food supplies and political interference”.

The prime minister said his mandate was to ensure that his country had adequate supplies to get to every single home and every single individual in Dominica.

“This is really, really p…. me off and I am very upset about what some people are doing in this country. We have to stop it. There are people ‘bussing’ their asses out there seeking to bring a better way of life for our people,” he said, adding that “the only people who will be affected by this are the most vulnerable in our country; the people whose homes have been destroyed, who do not know where they will be sleeping tonight; the people who do not know whether when Monday comes if they will have a job; who do not know how they are going to pay their mortgages.

“I am telling you I am really p…. off and I have not gotten p . . .  off since the hurricane but this nonsense must stop. What the hell, we have to stop it. Do we want to wake up one morning and have no government in place to run this country?”

Skerrit said he will address the nation tonight to give a full update on the relief efforts thus far.

44 Responses to Dominica PM blue vex

1. Gearbox1964 September 29, 2017 at 11:58 am

I think it is safe to say that the man is really pissed off…and rightfully so.

2. Lilian Lloyd
    Lilian Lloyd September 29, 2017 at 12:02 pm

MR. PM DO NOT LET THE ENIMIES OF PROGRESS UPSET YOU STAY FOCUSED

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase September 29, 2017 at 12:03 pm

*Enemies*

• Lilian Lloyd
      Lilian Lloyd September 29, 2017 at 12:32 pm

ADRIAN A SIMPLE MISTAKE

• Lilian Lloyd
      Lilian Lloyd September 29, 2017 at 1:10 pm

ADRIAN PLEASE FILL IN THE MISSING PUNCTUATIONS!!!!!
      AND MAKE A WORTHY POINT

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase September 29, 2017 at 1:15 pm

You are always commenting. Why the hell should I show you?
      Didn’t you receive ‘free’ education also?

• Keiandra Rudder
      Keiandra Rudder September 29, 2017 at 1:38 pm

There ain’t no need for all this in the whole

• Lilian Lloyd
      Lilian Lloyd September 29, 2017 at 1:39 pm

MADAME ADRIANA IT TAKE A TROLL TO KNOW A TROLL
      MY GIRL KEEP REPLYING I AM WAITING (((ADRIANA)))

• Crystalene Alexander
      Crystalene Alexander September 29, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Hehehe…I think he is referring to HIMSELF as a troll…a troll is someone who intentionally posts stuff for the sole purpose of upsetting people or starting arguments…..he’s getting you riled up and its fun thats what he mean LOLOL.

Dont mind Adrian..I think he’s just being pesky LOLOL

• Crystalene Alexander
      Crystalene Alexander September 29, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Lilian is definitely not a troll LOL..I quite like her comments.

3. Crystalene Alexander
    Crystalene Alexander September 29, 2017 at 12:08 pm

We understand you are upset and rightfully so, but please maintain your composure sir…remember you are still the Prime Minister of Dominica.

4. Crystalene Alexander
    Crystalene Alexander September 29, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Hi Brenda….do you have a link to the live???

5. Michelle Griffith
    Michelle Griffith September 29, 2017 at 12:16 pm

This man hit the ground running, the haters will hate, just keep your head on and focus.
    The PM of Barbados need to take some lessons from you, only thing I don’t like is the idea of the consultant.

6. Marcia Small
    Marcia Small September 29, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Vex have God some thanks that y are alive look how many people home gone

7. Elijah Baptiste
    Elijah Baptiste September 29, 2017 at 12:31 pm

People will always try to throw salt in your rice just keep pushing pm

8. Elisha George
    Elisha George September 29, 2017 at 12:44 pm

You what is so sad about that,some of us overseas are the ones who made such baseless allegations.All of us are suffering so please people,now is not the time for baseless statements.God bless Dominica.

9. SanDee Blades
    SanDee Blades September 29, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Stay focused Mr PM… you are doing well

10. Caroline Boxill
    Caroline Boxill September 29, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Don’t mine some of the haters people do talk guess that’s how they get a belly full .atleast you care for your people Respect to you to the fullest wish more leaders were like you

11. Katherine Zettler
    Katherine Zettler September 29, 2017 at 1:07 pm

yes it must be difficult when idiots are charging 20 dollars for water ..and they probably got them “free”

12. Mags September 29, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Don’t worry Lillian dis ain’t uwi

13. Dan Louis
    Dan Louis September 29, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Its how caribbean people are they put partisan politics ahead of country this is not a time to play politics this is the time for Dominicans to show the world they are unity in moving they lovely country and start the rebuilding process.

• Gillian Skeete
      Gillian Skeete September 29, 2017 at 3:29 pm

They ARE! From the PM to all citizens and all volunteers countries helping too. Ignore the idiots they are not worth spit!

14. Sherry Kirton
    Sherry Kirton September 29, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Keep the trust in God blessings too you good job

15. Native Bajan September 29, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Ross don’t worry and distroy you nerves over nonsensical depraved persons who deal mischief just for the sake of seeing others in pain and suffering!

16. Crystalene Alexander
    Crystalene Alexander September 29, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Thank you hun.

17. Sherla Gilkes
    Sherla Gilkes September 29, 2017 at 2:24 pm

They will always be be some one out there to be a stumbling block ,but MR Skerrit i applaude you for a great job u are doing trying to rebuild the countryin such a short time n helping ur prople in every way.Keep the faith Sir good job the lord is looking down on you in all that is happening.

18. Anne Hunte
    Anne Hunte September 29, 2017 at 2:26 pm

I don’t blame him being vex. If that sort of talk takes hold the rest of the world will stop giving

19. Alex Alleyne September 29, 2017 at 2:58 pm

We all done know that POLITICS will play a BIG part in the distribution of all items to the People.
    YARD-FOWLS throughout CARICOM.

20. Alex Alleyne September 29, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Now with this problem we can’t even ask for a CARICOM group to go and overseer the proceedings.
    AN INTERNATIONAL GROUP WILL BE THE ANSWER.
    Jimmy Carter and Friends.

• Jennifer September 29, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Ok then. Mind destruction the cause. Alex.

21. Jason Green
    Jason Green September 29, 2017 at 3:45 pm

It wasn’t necessary however stay focus….

22. Dennis Connell
    Dennis Connell September 29, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Christ…some people would do anything thing to gain political mileage

23. Jeanetha Callender
    Jeanetha Callender September 29, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Say strong Sir..God is your guide & we got your back….don’t be distracted by fools.

24. Marina Branker
    Marina Branker September 29, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Dear sir
    Presently you are under immense stress.Ignore idiotic behaviour whichis designed to shift your Focus. Stay on course.

25. Thunder September 29, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Prime minister Skerrit please calm down,I do understand your frustration, however I can see you love Dominica,but your country has suffered major devastation, people are frustrusted right now and they will be misunderstandings, this is still not an excuse for people to tell lies on you,but remain strong.
    Prayer and ask the Lord for guidance before you speak,I know it isn’t easy but the lord will vindicate you and help you through it all,and always remember regardless of what good you try to do,people will always find fault,so don’t feed into those kind of people.
    Surround yourself with praying,positive people who will motivate you to be strong, and keep trusting in God and you will get through this very trying time,and remember I am praying for you and your nation as well!

26. Alex Alleyne September 29, 2017 at 6:41 pm

@Jennifer, BIG TIME. The evidence is the history.

27. Angela Thompson Branch
    Angela Thompson Branch September 29, 2017 at 7:00 pm

I follow his briefings every day and is so impressed with the way things are being done.He is doing a fantastic job.

28. Susette Neblett
    Susette Neblett September 29, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Stop being distracted by the negatives. When you respond to such persons you are giving them power. Stay focused you are doing a great job.

29. Carol Grant Cumberbatch
    Carol Grant Cumberbatch September 29, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Focus on rebuilding your country..forget about the haters.

30. Janel Howell September 29, 2017 at 8:40 pm

SIR I know it is hard. Only recently I said I always admired you as a leader leading from the front. Stay focused on the task ahead. Your family needs you. Don’t worry wid them

31. Latoya September 30, 2017 at 4:13 pm

As a survivor of a hurricane and a disaster manager, it is always frustrating when people who dont know what is going on have so much to say. THey always spread propaganda and create disharmony. However, Hon. Prime Minister, know that this come with the territory. You cannot respond to everything as it will kill you. However, everyone also need to know that you have been traumatised. People do not understand that the impact of such a traumatic event stays with you for a long time. You are not even recuperating yet. I was in charge of a department and after Hurricane Ivan in 2004 it took me ten days before I even saw my house to see what damage had been caused. Then it took me two years after the hurricane to realise how much it had affected me. One day two years after Ivan, I was lying down reading a book when I suddenly realised that my heart was pounding. I was having extreme palpitations. The doctor pointed out that because I had been so busy with recovery of my department, taking care of my staff, I had not noticed it but he believed it was present. THe point is, people need to stop talking and simply work together to bring things back to as normal as normal can be. PM you are doing an outstanding job and we wish you and your people well.

32. G.F September 30, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Pertaining to the distribution of supplies in a non-partisan way, he indeed stated, ” ……the distribution of supplies was being managed by the international aid agencies.”