Brydens Insurance appoints new GM

Former President and Chief Executive Officer of Sagicor General Insurance Inc. David Alleyne has been appointed General Manager of Brydens Insurance, the largest branch of the Trinidad and Tobago Insurance Ltd.

He takes over from Richard Ince who recently retired.

Alleyne’s appointment came a month after Barbados TODAY reported that he and another top official of Sagicor General were on leave amid an ongoing investigation.

A media release on Friday announcing the appointment of Alleyne, said he had more than 30 years of underwriting, claims management, risk management and reinsurance experience, and was “well-informed on global conditions and respected by brokers, insurers and reinsurers worldwide”.

Alleyne is a former worker of United Insurance Co. Ltd. where he worked his way up the ranks to the position of Chief Operating Officer until 2013.

A past President of the Insurance Association of the Caribbean (IAC), Alleyne has delivered papers at several regional/international meetings including The National Hurricane Conference in the United States.

“The insurance industry is more competitive now than we have ever experienced and I am delighted to welcome David on board. We will certainly benefit from his extensive knowledge which will allow us to focus on our growth strategy,” said Nicholas Mouttet, CEO ANSA McAL, Barbados.

Alleyne will take up his new role at Brydens Insurance, Norman Centre, Bridgetown, from September 11, 2017.

13 Responses to Brydens Insurance appoints new GM

1. tedd August 12, 2017 at 3:10 pm

September 11th is not a lucky date to have as an anniversary of anything, maybe he may should call in sick and begin work on the 12th. Just joking around. congratulations and good luck at your work at Brydens.

2. Saga Boy August 12, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Is this the same man who was recently suspended from Sagicor?

3. tedd August 12, 2017 at 6:01 pm

there must be some belief in his innocence as ansa mcal is known to hire the best money can buy as well as expect results. they would not risk their money on someone they thought to be a liability to them.

• Coralita August 12, 2017 at 6:04 pm

A long hmmmmmmmmmmmm is all I gine say!!!

4. Greengiant August 12, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Congrats mate.

5. gsmiley August 12, 2017 at 10:53 pm

You guys cant help being Bajan can you?

Maybe you should have applied for the position Sagaboy and Coralita see if you would have gotten it.

• VoR August 13, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Thank you gsmiley. People are always looking to besmirch others when they achieve something great. Let’s wish the man well in his new job.

• Coralita August 13, 2017 at 3:56 pm

You are such a moron. What the heck does “being Bajan” mean? People like you and your ilk like to look at spades and call it hearts.

You people come up in these blogs talking ish and don’t know who the heck you all are blogging to and think that you all so darn smart. gsmiley go to the back of the class.

There are some people in this society because of their connections, they can do the world of wrong and they will still get by. Others just one mistake and they are tarnish for life.

I stand by my long hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I don’t have to apply for one heck. I can lie down comfortably each night and sleep and I can walk the road with my head held high with no question marks over it.

6. gsmiley August 13, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Coralita what ever he did or didn’t do has nothing to do with you .
    And I maintain that you are a malicious Bajan. It is none of your business. Stop making peoples’ business your own.

Go become an advocate for all who have been ‘wronged’ because of their lack of connections according to you. Go out there and fight for them since you are so righteous.

You are nothing but a malicious Bajan full stop.

7. gsmiley August 13, 2017 at 7:04 pm

And btw isn’t it up to Brydens?

Are you on the board of anything?

8. gsmiley August 13, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Do you have insurance there? Are you a shareholder?
    what?
    How does his appointment affect you?

You just have to be in the do.

Thus a malicious Bajan

• Coralita August 14, 2017 at 1:52 am

Mind your own business and stop being malicious in other people’s blog. Keep your silly opinion to yourself. I can comment on any matter that is made public and I don’t have to please the likes of you.

As I said earlier you and your ilk have no idea who you are blogging to. If you don’t like my comments bypass them and move on. Who do you think you are? Somebody dead and left you to rule the world?

Keep your position at the back of the class.

9. gsmiley August 14, 2017 at 9:58 am

Such a childish retort. Most likely indicative of your level of intelligence. I have no doubt now that I am correct in my assessment.

It has nothing to do with your freedom to comment but all to do with the streak that you possess which you have so plainly displayed.

You people like to feel that you know everybody’s business. For what I don’t know. I really don’t know what this ‘knowledge’ does for you or how it is even useful.

Malicious Bajan you are.