Rough day in court for Foster

A 44-year-old conductor will know his fate in a week’s time after he pleaded guilty to theft and assault in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court Friday.

Adrian Pedro Foster of Kings Village, Kings Street, St Michael admitted before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant to stealing $420 belonging to Elvis Lavine on May 12.

He also confessed to resisting and assaulting Constable Christopher Rouse and Sergeant Dale Blackman in the execution of their duties on May 13.

When Foster made his first appearance before the magistrate on May 15 he had pleaded not guilty to the charges, but following Friday’s plea, he will be sentenced on August 11 after the facts of the case are heard.

However, his legal troubles do not end there. Foster also made an appearance before Magistrate Douglas Frederick in connection with 12 fraud-related offences, which were allegedly committed between February 18 and 23, 2011.

Foster, who is accused of forging a number of RBC Royal Bank (Barbados) Limited cheques worth over $6,000, was previously granted $25,000 bail in connection with the fraud-related offences. However, it was revoked after he failed to meet his court appearances and after losing his surety.

Standing in the dock Friday, Foster urged the magistrate to fast track his case and get it to the High Court as he wanted to deal with his son, who is currently hospitalized.

“I want everything to be over and behind me so that I can get on with my little man. I know that you give me a chance and I mess up, so I just want everything to be done and over with,” Foster said.

In response, the magistrate said the prosecutor would look into the matter to see what could be done by August 29 when Foster is due to make his next appearance in court.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *