Christ Church man survives gunshot injury

A Christ Church man has survived a gunshot wound to the head following a shooting incident in the wee hours of this morning.

The man, who was  reportedly shot outside his Fairy Valley residence, was treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and discharged.

Police are continuing investigations.

36 Responses to Christ Church man survives gunshot injury

1. Kelly Scantlebury
    Kelly Scantlebury July 31, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Gun shot wound to the head and discharged? I’m sure he was grazed by this bullet.

• Michelle Griffith
      Michelle Griffith July 31, 2017 at 2:06 pm

From another news source they said he received injuries to his face and arm.

2. Diana Cummins
    Diana Cummins July 31, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Hum.

3. Jennifer Burnett Goddard
    Jennifer Burnett Goddard July 31, 2017 at 1:08 pm

All d time so stupseeee

4. Dionne Niles
    Dionne Niles July 31, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Every week OMG

5. Kay Critchlow
    Kay Critchlow July 31, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Seems there will be a real shortage of men soon .

6. Anfaani Henry
    Anfaani Henry July 31, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Bim.Shooting.Daily.

7. Precious Gem
    Precious Gem July 31, 2017 at 1:37 pm

I don’t feel this should be advertised because the guy is still hiding that shot him

8. Dah Bajanman July 31, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Ma ma your son is a murderer murderer murderer.

9. Darrell Catwell
    Darrell Catwell July 31, 2017 at 1:55 pm

False FLAGS?

10. Andrea Carter
    Andrea Carter July 31, 2017 at 1:56 pm

With a population of about two hundred and fifty thousand and 166 square miles seeing this almost weekly if not daily is now saddening. It doesn’t give anyone tourists or locals confidence in going about their everyday normal activities at all. Wishing the gunshot victim a seedy recovery

• Bernard Mccollin
      Bernard Mccollin July 31, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Andrea Carter , we’re in very sad situation, every day I say exactly what you’re saying , I’m so afraid to come home it I scary

• Andrea Carter
      Andrea Carter July 31, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Bernard Mccollin hopefully some kind of positive influence or interest is implemented there pretty soon. Does not seem from all that I read there’s any getting things under control. Seem to be happening far to often now. If only the government was not so incompetent they would focus on what really matters. The lives of the citizens and visitors alike

• Maria LeClair DaSilva
      Maria LeClair DaSilva July 31, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Perhaps the ignorance when this started that this would never happen in Barbados has contributed to this situation.

• Gail Agard Wallace
      Gail Agard Wallace July 31, 2017 at 6:50 pm

I agree 100%. Word for word. But Andrea, I think it s every day . Not weekly.

• Andrea Carter
      Andrea Carter July 31, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Gail Agard Wallace yes! It seems like an everyday thing . Perhaps instead of focusing on stopping the poor man from eating with all the higher tax the politicos there would take a look at how so many guns are getting on the little piece of rock and figure a way to try to either stop or control entry.

11. John mark July 31, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Smh… wild wild west until someone’s toddler is murdered innocently. Stricter gun control required as well as more stringent penalties… to late shall be our cry. #guncrimeslikeoneaday

12. Darrell Catwell
    Darrell Catwell July 31, 2017 at 2:17 pm

All can’t be real! Keep we distracted and we ain’t know we head from we tail!

13. Ladyann Goodridge
    Ladyann Goodridge July 31, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Lucky fellow

14. Michael Goodman
    Michael Goodman July 31, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Good evening and welcome to the Evening News. There was only one shooting in Barbados today……

15. Alexander A. Antomarchi-Yearwood
    Alexander A. Antomarchi-Yearwood July 31, 2017 at 3:17 pm

When I talk to foreigners and friends overseas about this island I do it with so much pride, passion and love and I wasn’t even born here. I wonder if at this rate I’m gonna be able to do the same without feeling sad. SMH

16. Lauraine Clarke
    Lauraine Clarke July 31, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Really really, it is my opinion that people growing these guns in they gardens,guns just shooting up like sun flower seeds.

17. jrsmith July 31, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Its just a matter of time , when the wrong person is murdered and the family sting barbados with a very large law suit , then as like everything from the government ,that will be too late ……. then people stop coming to barbados………..

18. Juliet Marshall
    Juliet Marshall July 31, 2017 at 3:43 pm

I got to shake my head though at some of these comments.

• Barbadosbelle August 1, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Mmm. I wonder why my comment of some 8-hours ago hasn’t been posted? There was nothing contentious in it.

19. Saga Boy July 31, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Persons working at our borders are either not doing their job well; are being paid to keep their mouths shut or are too afraid of reporting about the guns and bullets entering the island.

20. Lorenzo July 31, 2017 at 5:32 pm

My question is when will our AG admit we have a serious gun problem in Barbados and start to do something about it.The last coference they heldleft me confused as I heard the AG saying that he drove from point A to B and he felt safe,what I was expecting him to say was a plan to deploy the BDF with the police on joint patrls in these hot spots like Blocks and root out some of these trouble makers.At least the ag Commisioner spoke about increased searches which I agree with.I also want to see the return of Hanging and the Cat in Barbados since if you take a life you should forfeit yours.I know a lot of the youths will think twice if this was the case.Time to get tough with these criminals.,Twenty five years for anyone found with guns.

• Barbadosbelle August 1, 2017 at 3:53 am

Very well said.
      Barbados is a wonderful island but if gun control and other violent crimes aren’t sorted and continue to escalate then tourists will stop coming.

This happened on Jamaica and the DR – where now visitors stay on all-inclusive locations and never leave them – hence very little money going into the island economy to restaurants, shops, tourist attractions etc etc etc.

Please ……….. don’t let it be a case of ‘too little, too late’.

This wonderful island mustn’t be destroyed by the minority – and the elected Government MUST step up to stop it
      happening.

21. Tamah Mon Polo
    Tamah Mon Polo July 31, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Again???

22. Gail Agard Wallace
    Gail Agard Wallace July 31, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Somebody making lots of money at the ports to let these guns in. Regardless where they are coming from. Before we go there.

23. JasonC. July 31, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Persons on the top level and the AG will respond accordingly to this issue when the US embassy issues an official warning of caution when coming to barbados.
    Only then will they take it seriously.

24. fedup July 31, 2017 at 7:31 pm

US Embassy probably issued travel bulletin already. The AG say we safe.

25. Not safe July 31, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I notice Chicago move to barbados

26. Barbadosbelle August 1, 2017 at 12:22 pm