Teen gets wings clipped for Crop Over

A teenager who pleaded guilty Thursday to assaulting his mother, will not be allowed to attend any night events for the balance of the 2017 Crop Over season.

Eighteen-year-old Roeul Anderson Lavine Husbands of Knights Land, Westbury Road, St Michael committed the offence against his mother, Carla King on July 25, 2017.

However, it was the mother who appealed to Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant in No.2 District ‘A’ Criminal Court Thursday to get her son some help.

In outlining the facts of the case, Sergeant Cameron Gibbons explained that King came home on the day in question and found her house in an untidy state. When she attempted to speak to her son about the mess, he poked her in the left side of her face.

“When that clock strikes six you know where you supposed to be? You must be at home, you will not be attending any Crop Over events,” the magistrate said as she imposed a 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew on Husbands.

The teenager, who was released on $2,000 bail with one surety, must also report to the probation office for a pre-sentencing report.

He returns to court on September 29, 2017.

44 Responses to Teen gets wings clipped for Crop Over

1. Jai Khan
    Jai Khan July 28, 2017 at 12:30 am

Boy you should thank God that you dont have an old time bajan mother or you would be missing that finger….
    You totally out of order!

• Julian Marshall
      Julian Marshall July 28, 2017 at 4:41 am

He might be missing de whole hand if he had uh ignorant mother.

2. Michelle Griffith
    Michelle Griffith July 28, 2017 at 12:39 am

I know for sure his ass,would be in someone’s else’s house at 6o’clock,because he won’t be coming in mine.

3. Sharon Taylor
    Sharon Taylor July 28, 2017 at 12:44 am

I wonder where he living? Not in my house, eating my food, using my electricity, water etc etc…. No respect, no discipline! And we only know about this because the mother put shame aside and had him charged… Anyways, he izza good boy!

4. Bryan Mayers
    Bryan Mayers July 28, 2017 at 12:53 am

Wonders who signed bail

5. Sonnie Leawat
    Sonnie Leawat July 28, 2017 at 12:55 am

Oh he would know where to find it Jai , he would feel it up his backside . He got off light, some people may well have put his head there instead . Let’s hope he learns a lesson .

6. Chelle Berry
    Chelle Berry July 28, 2017 at 12:59 am

If he had a mother like mine, she would be in court, not he!

7. Jennifer Phillips
    Jennifer Phillips July 28, 2017 at 1:01 am

Hmmmmm…thank you Jesus

• Dario Cummins
      Dario Cummins July 28, 2017 at 5:14 am

Thank God he ain’t had you as a mother Jennifer Phillips

8. Anfaani Henry
    Anfaani Henry July 28, 2017 at 1:49 am

He wants the cat o nines

9. Ibukunoluwa Ayanfe Ozioma
    Ibukunoluwa Ayanfe Ozioma July 28, 2017 at 2:49 am

Assaulting your mother (or father) in that way is a definite no-no! You didn’t make yourself!! The highest respect should be paid to your parents… unless they are abusive.

10. Kay Critchlow
    Kay Critchlow July 28, 2017 at 3:02 am

I’d put him out on the streets no man or boy should raise a hand to their mother .

11. Julian Reifer
    Julian Reifer July 28, 2017 at 4:02 am

Look at the hate in this kid`s face, he looks like a certain candidate for Dodds in the future.

12. E Jerome Davis
    E Jerome Davis July 28, 2017 at 4:12 am

She is correct. One look at him tells you that he needs help.

• Yvonne Sealy
      Yvonne Sealy July 28, 2017 at 6:25 am

I’m looking for the ‘one look’ and not seeing it; most of the times it doesn’t start at this age………MOST of the timesssss

• E Jerome Davis
      E Jerome Davis July 28, 2017 at 6:33 am

Yvonne Sealy it probably did not start at that stage but that is where it is at now.

• Yvonne Sealy
      Yvonne Sealy July 28, 2017 at 6:34 am

because of the Monsters we create; what do we expect

13. Cheryl Catlyn-Rodriguez
    Cheryl Catlyn-Rodriguez July 28, 2017 at 4:24 am

He attacked who give him LIFE. WHOA!!

14. Stephanie F. Chase
    Stephanie F. Chase July 28, 2017 at 4:44 am

There isn’t anything like a MOTHER’S LOVE. SMH Let’s just hope that between now & September 29th he doesn’t burst her ass again because when you “spare the rod you spoil the child”. You shouldn’t just a book by its cover but this lad looks defiant. A 6:00 p.m. curfew? Who will enforce that?

15. Yung Su
    Yung Su July 28, 2017 at 4:55 am

Immature children raising children and the generation will get worse…yes gone are the days of respect and fair to get in trouble

16. Gie B July 28, 2017 at 5:31 am

There’s a song which lyrics read:

“All we have is teenage bandits;
    Their minds have nothing in it…”

And here’s the reason:
    “You put the Creator out
    You didn’t want He name in your mout;
    So you put Him out of the School curriculum
    No knowledge of God for your children”

By the late Ras Shorty-I…. not wrong at all.

It is God who gave that child lfe…his mother gave birth!

17. Andre
    Andre' Wilson July 28, 2017 at 5:36 am

Man Gan be wukking up all on mavis in di fetes

18. James Amlighty
    James Amlighty July 28, 2017 at 5:43 am

Bring back the tamarind rod…his ass should be on fire all now…

19. Mason Natasha
    Mason Natasha July 28, 2017 at 5:52 am

Lol i glad, he needs a haircut also, looks like a wolf

20. Lady-Stylez Pilgrim
    Lady-Stylez Pilgrim July 28, 2017 at 5:56 am

Cawblemmma…… murdaaaa…… man look he better understand the ease he got but this blasted generation got in a whole lot of hot messes….. I wonder if this curfew gonna work…..

21. Crazii Shayne
    Crazii Shayne July 28, 2017 at 5:58 am

Kye Haynes in d cut

22. Baj Beau
    Baj Beau July 28, 2017 at 6:13 am

Hhhmmm….wow…..curfew huh….hhhmmmm….ok…ssssooooo my foolish questions….who post bail? Whose house he will be in? Where is the finger that did the poking? Why does he still have hair on his head? How come he is still able to walk? How, what and where will he be eating?? Somebody help me because God forbid I lost my cotton picking mind and raise my anything to my mother, needless to say, I wont be here typing this response. Smh….

23. Huey Newton
    Huey Newton July 28, 2017 at 6:14 am

Sweet Jesus

24. Winnie Meade
    Winnie Meade July 28, 2017 at 6:18 am

Look if he did have my mother is ass would be like the devil fire not one of my mother children could cuss ore put there hand on her we would not be around to tell no one and she bring 5on her own she divorce her husband if mom say dont go out we could not

25. Rawle Spooner
    Rawle Spooner July 28, 2017 at 6:22 am

Wow he deserve whatever he have coming his way hope karma takes care of it,seriously hitting a female is taboo but hitting ya mother is unforgiveable that is a person ya should be willing to protect at all cost.Hope he seriously makes this right with his mom and do right by her,youngster please listen to rap icon 2 Pac song Dear Mama.

26. Omiana Miller Angela Miller
    Omiana Miller Angela Miller July 28, 2017 at 6:23 am

Crop over in important he want was box .

27. Yvonne Sealy
    Yvonne Sealy July 28, 2017 at 6:23 am

Sometimes we as parents ‘create monsters’ who in return destroy us……hope this isn’t the case here….

28. D. Smith July 28, 2017 at 9:22 am

Parents who failed to discipline children at an early age will be disrespected by them later in life

29. Sabrina Lewis July 28, 2017 at 10:35 am

So let me get this straight. She took him to court because he assaulted her. And the result is that he has to be in the house for an extended period of time where he is free to assault her some more, and she (I’m assuming) paid $2000 for him to be able to do so? …interesting.

30. Donild Trimp July 28, 2017 at 11:06 am

This teenager is not of sound mind.

Assaulting your own mother causing her bodily harm is not the action of a sane person.

Counseling and a few visits to a Psychiatrist are in order.

• Miche July 29, 2017 at 8:21 am

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:2 Thessalonians 2:11King James Version (KJV)

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

31. debera brown July 28, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Place she teach him that way,that is why he turn a monster in her face point blank.

32. Thunder July 28, 2017 at 2:52 pm

I am seeing a troubling trend among our young men,when will we admit that boy’s not only need their mother’s love,but they also need their father’s love as well.
    When boy’s are small it is OK,but when they become older and there is no man around,they assume they are the man of the house, I can guarantee you if his father was living there, this story would have ended differently.
    Women can no longer raise these kids alone,Barbadian men need to ‘man up’and share the responsibility of helping to raise their children, or we will continue to see such cases in the law courts.
    I have seen a few women walking with a calf,but I’m yet to see one woman walking with a Bull Cow,father’s get evolved in your kids lives,they are crying out for your love.

33. Sue July 28, 2017 at 9:56 pm

When these youngsters see their fathers and other men beating their mothers, and she take the hit and carry on, well they believe this is how issues are resolved. On the other hand if he was my child and hit me, all the reconstructive surgery would not save that hand of his . The drugs and alcohol making these youngsters brains into mush.

34. Dee July 29, 2017 at 10:49 am

Everybody talking but the discipline have to come from the same mother and she would have had to be easing up on him from young and letting him , so he will keep doing what he feels Like