Teens charged with murder

Police have arrested and jointly charged 17-year-old Kadeem Torian Wilkinson of Todds Land, St George and 17-year-old Torell Sergio Holligan of #1 Pool Land, St John in connection with the murder of 48-year-old Kenrick Spooner of #1 Pool Land, St John.

Spooner’s body was discovered sometime after 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 13, 2017, at Todds Land, St George.

Wilkinson and Holligan are both expected to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today.

32 Responses to Teens charged with murder

1. Carol Grant Cumberbatch
    Carol Grant Cumberbatch July 22, 2017 at 10:15 am

So senseless.

2. Rachel Gemma Gill
    Rachel Gemma Gill July 22, 2017 at 10:26 am

Smh

3. Yvonne Sealy
    Yvonne Sealy July 22, 2017 at 10:34 am

My my myyyyyyyy

4. Lorna Deukett July 22, 2017 at 10:35 am

So sad. Kadeem what a terrible waste. You were such a sweet person and now your misfortunes have caught up with you. Granted You may now get the counselling/psychiatric treatment that you should have gotten before. ALWAYS had an anger/aggression problem that was given the two week session and put right back in the circle that had him there in the first place. I pray for his Dad and older brother that this is how it had to end. May you find peace within yourself Kadeem and may the Lord be merciful to you.

5. Lorna Watson Deukett
    Lorna Watson Deukett July 22, 2017 at 10:39 am

I am so sad. But I am not at all shocked at one of the persons involved. Too little supervision and not having your basic mental health issues met cannot end well.

6. Nikky Daisley
    Nikky Daisley July 22, 2017 at 10:44 am

So sad why kill a man so brutal

• Lorna Watson Deukett
      Lorna Watson Deukett July 22, 2017 at 10:55 am

this is the same youth that stabbed up the security guard at The vocational training board last year. He got a couple of weeks anger management and community service and went back to his old life. He was a certified slow learner and had issues for much too long.

7. Angela Thompson Branch
    Angela Thompson Branch July 22, 2017 at 10:48 am

Sure example of some of our youth in trouble.Parents take control do not wait for the wider community to do it for you.

8. Kathy-Ann St.Hill-St.Lawrence July 22, 2017 at 10:56 am

Lorna Deukett I appreciate your comment. I too know Kadeem and am aware of the challenges that he faced as well as his sweet nature. So to hear the judgements being passed in the court of public opinion breaks my heart. Like you I hope he will finally get the assistance he needs. I pray for everyone involved because it is a sad situation all the way around.

9. Gittens Hallam
    Gittens Hallam July 22, 2017 at 11:00 am

Good don’t waste no time pop them necks and if anybody vex with me for saying that let me clarify if it was my only son and he got charged for murder pop he neck to

10. Carla Miller
    Carla Miller July 22, 2017 at 11:04 am

Wow! Younger generation are too wicked for words. They’ve take things to a whole other level. Just depraved

11. Reco newton July 22, 2017 at 11:08 am

Wah u gone and do torell boy I still can’t believe that

12. Andy Tull
    Andy Tull July 22, 2017 at 11:13 am

Public hanging…I would pay for a ticket to watch…:-(

13. Mencea Crookendale
    Mencea Crookendale July 22, 2017 at 11:25 am

Wow at 17 i was teaching 26 kids in a reception not chopping up a human being like pork

14. Colleen Worrell
    Colleen Worrell July 22, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Why take a life when u all can’t give none

15. Ãmen Hotep
    Ãmen Hotep July 22, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Too vile

16. Rick July 22, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Give both the death penalty even though it may never be carried out….hopefully they will never see freedom again and meet their maker while in prision.

17. Bells Mavis-Batson Hats
    Bells Mavis-Batson Hats July 22, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Tell me they are getting the juice or the hangman knot tell me. something have to stop them otherwise your door step next.

18. Sheryl Smith
    Sheryl Smith July 22, 2017 at 12:36 pm

17 Reasons to be out here having fun:
    1. Counting hair sprouting from chin.
    2. Looking who could score first.
    3. Stealing mangoes or breaking cane.
    4. Trying to learn a skill.
    5. Begging or bargaining with your caregiver to get the latest sneakers.
    6. Challenging a father to court his daughter.
    7. Showing off your bicycle skills.
    8. Begging your older sibling/parent to learn to drive.
    9. Trying to make a little honest cash.
    10. On social media.
    11. Trying get to next level on the Xbox.
    12. Playing with a pet.
    13. Surfing at the beach.
    14. Fishing.
    15. Downloading the music.
    16. Tiding your room that your parents been nagging about.
    17. Simply enjoying your youth.

19. Bells Mavis-Batson Hats
    Bells Mavis-Batson Hats July 22, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Lorna if it was your relative it would be a different story. and do not blame every thing on mental health they play the game very well I know If it was my realative I would give up my licence and juice them myself.
    I am a baby boomer times were hard hard hard no jail but degrees one can sit pretty but these vagabons coming to spoil it HANG THEM….

20. Bells Mavis-Batson Hats
    Bells Mavis-Batson Hats July 22, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Hallam I agree with you.There is discipline in your home that is why you can say that.

21. Becca Trotman
    Becca Trotman July 22, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Disgusting.

22. Sam Clarke July 22, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I HAVE BEEN A STRONG ADVOCATE OF ABANDONING THE STATE EXECUTIONS, AS I BELIEVE IN THE SANCTITY OF LIVE. THESE RAMPANT KILLINGS THAT HAVE BEEN TAKING PLACE IN BARBADOS, HAVE NOW CAUSE ME TO FLIP FLOP ON MY PREVIOUS POSITION.
    I HAVE SPENT LONG AND HARD HOURS CONTEMPLATING THIS DECISION, BUT DON’T MATTER HOW I TRY TO FIGHT WITH MY THOUGHTS I COME TO THE ONLY CONCLUSION REINSTATEMENT OF THE DEATH PENALTY.

THE GANGS THAT ARE CURRENTLY TERRORIZING BARBADOS, ARE MADE UP OF A COLLECTION OF DRUG DEALERS PROTECTION THEIR VARIOUS TURFS, AND A FEW PETTY DRUG ADDICTED CRIMINALS.
    BUT WHAT IS LACKING IS THE LEADERSHIP NECESSARY IN BARBADOS TO AGGRESSIVELY PROSECUTE AND ENFORCE THE RULE OF LAW.

IT HAS BEEN LONG RUMORED, THAT VARIOUS GROUPS HAVE BEEN ALIGNED WITH POLITICAL ELEMENTS, WHICH HAS NOW BRED A JAMAICAN STYLE GARRISON POLITIC, PARTICULARLY IN CERTAIN AREAS OF BARBADOS.

THESE ALIGNMENTS HAS CONTAMINATED THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE, HINDERING THE VARIOUS LAW ENFORCEMENT FROM ACTING.
    IT IS TIME FOR THE PEOPLE OF BARBADOS TO NOT ONLY MARCH AGAINST THE VARIOUS ECONOMIC POLICIES, BUT AGAINST THE VIOLENCE THAT IS CONSUMING THIS COUNTRY.

IF BARBADOS DOES NOT WAKE UP, WE ARE GOING TO BE IN FOR SOME VERY LONG FUNNY NIGHTS.

23. Shawn Sealy July 22, 2017 at 1:55 pm

System fail. Something that happen in America in the 80’s I’d happening here in Barbados now. A mango tree can’t produce oranges. Nobody is raising these kids anymore. Parents put them in front of the television and put cell phones in they hands. Also also of mental physical and sexual abuse at home. So what happens? The streets and systems raise them. These so called politicians in this country needs to face the facts and realise that they old way of leading this new generation is not working. Is sad that this is what u call a lost generation. Facts. If they really think that’s the worst things that’s going to happen, they ain’t seen nothing yet. They will have to build another prison for this generation. Facts..

24. Pamela G. July 22, 2017 at 1:58 pm

Too many parents are failing their kids. If you see at an early age that your kid is wayward, please get some help for the kid to point him/her in the right direction, don’t wait until the Police has him/her in custody. If you fail your kid, then you deserve the same sentence as your neglected child.

25. fedup July 22, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Sam Clarke I’m glad you woke up. Now I’m even uncomfortable during the day.

26. Angela Brandon-Hall July 23, 2017 at 8:17 am

America and other states hang and execute prisoners, that has not deterred the next murderer. We need to fix these problems in other ways starting from when children are babies, Let them know that they are valuable spirits put here for a divine purpose

27. Joy July 27, 2017 at 8:58 pm

The death penalty may not deter potential murderers but it surely surely punishes that murderer and guarantees he can’t kill anybody else.