Thousands flock to Brandons Beach for Pan Pun De Sand

Thousands of people have converged on Brandons Beach for the annual Pan Pun De Sand.

The pan lovers have packed onto every inch of the beach for the free event.

Pan groups from Combermere and the Daryl Jordan Secondary School as well as the Aceworx Community Steel Orchestra kept the crowd thoroughly entertained during the early part of the evening.

Pannist Dwight Callendar did a collaboration with Riddim Tribe Dancers and deejays Hutchy and Sizz.

The popular Mosaic Steel Orchestra led by David ZigE Walcott is also set to perform.

25 Responses to Thousands flock to Brandons Beach for Pan Pun De Sand

1. Eddy Murray
    Eddy Murray July 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm

The thing is no TNT bands on show this year

2. Wayne Dread
    Wayne Dread July 16, 2017 at 7:51 pm

I don’t pull my punches, I throw them and what will be ,will be or wont, I call it as I see it, khan you see why I left there early in life, Jackie Opel told me, They will make you feel like a stranger in your own land, I was about 12 years old, I remember it like it was now, he was known as MAN FACE

3. Reds Lucombe
    Reds Lucombe July 16, 2017 at 8:22 pm

always look forward for a TNT band

4. Valerie Hoyte
    Valerie Hoyte July 16, 2017 at 8:23 pm

happy to see ppl getting together to share love and a community spirit.

5. Eddy Murray
    Eddy Murray July 16, 2017 at 8:31 pm

You have to go there after 11pm tonight to see if they leave sand pon the beach..lol

6. Wayne Dread
    Wayne Dread July 16, 2017 at 9:37 pm

DEMS have people cleaning that beach every day, for once in a while, they will have something to do.

7. Alex Alleyne July 16, 2017 at 9:37 pm

‘FREE’ , wow in BIM at this money grabbing time ????. Thanks to all the players for caring.

8. Matie Siew
    Matie Siew July 16, 2017 at 10:44 pm

To TNT bands but the bajan did a fabulous job .. mosaic band and the others

• Matie Siew
      Matie Siew July 16, 2017 at 10:44 pm

• Roc Kinn
      Roc Kinn July 17, 2017 at 8:44 am

What do you need TNT bands for most steelpans sound the same unless its a real bad set of players and oil drums. You must learn to appreciate and promote your own. Time to revive spouge.

• hcalndre July 17, 2017 at 9:57 am

@Roc Kim, Any pan player, arrangers and tuners would excuse you for that statement, pans are still being made and tuned in Trinidad for bajan bands, ask yourself why.

• Pat BB
      Pat BB July 17, 2017 at 10:37 am

Thank u Matie Siew, Mosaic appreciates the support

• Peter Lowe
      Peter Lowe July 17, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Why are we soooo selfish…allways talking about supporting our own and local when it’s a fact that Bajan artiste allways in and out of Trinidad and other countries….ask hyper sounds. We have to embrace one another music and culture in the Caribbean and stop with this selfish behaviour

9. Yvette Belgrave
    Yvette Belgrave July 17, 2017 at 2:47 am
  10. hcalndre July 17, 2017 at 4:29 am

When I heard that no pan sides from TnT or even Grenada or Antigua, I did not even wait for Mosiac. Everything seems to be failing under this administration.

11. Saga Boy July 17, 2017 at 6:18 am

@hcalndre. If you stump your toe you would blame the DLP. And if you are a woman and missed your period you would blame the DLP. Yesterday was simply fantastic. People enjoyed the show. If we appreciate what we have as a people and stop thinking that foreign is necessary and better we would have less of a balance of payment problem. It is our lifestyle that has gotten us in this situation.

• hcalndre July 17, 2017 at 10:21 am

@Saga Boy; if I stump my toe on the DLP premises or some place that is their responsibility, depends on the injury, I probably would bring a law suit and if missing my period and my doctor can prove its the fault of your party I will bring another law suit, how is that? bajans have become so accustom to mediocrity that they are just comfortable with it, especially like the situation that the country is in and you are very happy about it. You know what other people would be mad as hell about, bajans take it with a smile.

12. Eddy Murray
    Eddy Murray July 17, 2017 at 7:02 am

Wayne Dread, sorry to say DEM do not clean down there a gentle man does do that every morning as God sent.

13. Milli Watt July 17, 2017 at 7:22 am

ahhhhhhhhh economic activity, no time to go slow, strike and more importantly NOT PAY DE PEOPLE TAX……….keep it up or should I say coming.

14. Sylvie July 17, 2017 at 8:21 am

Thank God that we Barbadians can still use and enjoy Brandon’s Beach because I got a heart wrenching shock yesterday afternoon when I went to Miami Beach.There is monstrous construction of a building on the land side and opposite on the beach front there is serious destruction of the natural topography which if allowed can lead to terrible Beach erosion of the Beautiful Miami Beach and beaches along the south coast

15. Walter Prescod July 17, 2017 at 8:39 am

Yes Sylvie true. Barbados has been sold out $$$ are more important than the country and its people.

16. Roc Kinn
    Roc Kinn July 17, 2017 at 8:54 am

The beaches of Barbados are the cleanest in the region and the least crowded (except Browne’s, Accra, Miami,) because there are so many with long stretches. The guy who cleans Brandon’s does a good voluntary job. He mustn’t overdo its important for the eco system vegetation is left to grow naturally on the beach. NCC told him so and it seems he paid attention..

17. Wayne Dread
    Wayne Dread July 17, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Eddy Murray, There’s a crew that is assigned to clean, If you say that they are not doing what they are assigned to do the way you would do it,I would somewhat agree. However that’s that appears to be the norm with the service and work ethic of government workers universally, may I add that we will face a similar situation if and when your government change. I can’t imagine how one individual can clean Brandons

18. Peter Lowe
    Peter Lowe July 17, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Where were the TNT Bands.every Crop over these people just cutting back and down sizing Crop over. I hope when Trinidad decided to exclude Bajan entertainers from their carnival, nobody complain. We don’t want no outside acts at crop over but want to run in other people carnivals and then come back home and brag about how much places places and fetes that they perform in.

19. Peter Lowe
    Peter Lowe July 17, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Wonder why you ask a question like that??? Pan on de sand is an annual event for years during cropover