Residents alerted to fake Facebook account impersonating PM

Members of the public have been advised of recent attempts to send messages or engage persons via Facebook Messenger by an individual or individuals purporting to be Prime Minister Freundel Stuart.

In a paid message appearing in the press today, the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) said the individuals have sought to solicit money with false promises relating to a fictitious United Nations Grant.

“In addition, the cell phone has been used to send fake messages purporting to come from the Prime Minister,” the OPM said.

It urged persons to be vigilant in the face of the fake messages and to report such occurrence to the Fraud Department of the Royal Barbados Police Force at 430-7195 or, in the case of Facebook misuse, to use the “Report” button on the fake page to alert Facebook directly on the fraudulent activities.

The OPM said persons who wish to contact the Prime Minister should call 535-5300 or send a letter to his office at Bay Street, St Michael.

76 Responses to Residents alerted to fake Facebook account impersonating PM

1. Eleanor Harewood
    Eleanor Harewood July 15, 2017 at 1:27 pm

o my gooedness these ppl going crazy or what , they need locking up

2. Joy Waldron
    Joy Waldron July 15, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Lmaooo lmaooo lmaooo lmaooo murdaaaa biggest joke of day. Who would want waste them time.

3. Dennis Connell
    Dennis Connell July 15, 2017 at 1:34 pm

I wont accept even if it was real

4. Cherylann Bourne-Hayes
    Cherylann Bourne-Hayes July 15, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Well he himself is impersonating a leader and PM.

5. Divine Duchess
    Divine Duchess July 15, 2017 at 1:40 pm

If it is saying the PM is gonna give money for whatever reason…we all know…THAT IS A LIE!!! Who believes it just as stupid smbh

6. Kym Reigns
    Kym Reigns July 15, 2017 at 1:41 pm

As if anybody in their right mind would accept his friend request. Stupse!!!

7. Sheldine Dyall
    Sheldine Dyall July 15, 2017 at 1:54 pm

We bajan are not all stupid to think a Prime Minister would contact people on Facebook.

8. Sophia Branch
    Sophia Branch July 15, 2017 at 1:56 pm

I receive a friend request from the person saying they was the prime minister and the person had ask about a grant and the was asking you to email your info to them but I didn’t cause where in the world do u get free money

9. Juliet Marshall
    Juliet Marshall July 15, 2017 at 2:00 pm

The comments got me crying. Murderrrrrrrr

10. Santini More
    Santini More July 15, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Bajans would realise straight away it was a hoax as everybody knows that Freundel has absolutely no interest in communicating with the people of Barbados.

11. Sheryl Smith
    Sheryl Smith July 15, 2017 at 2:09 pm

A lot of fakery here or late!

12. Angela Thompson Branch
    Angela Thompson Branch July 15, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Wow

13. Supermum Arthur
    Supermum Arthur July 15, 2017 at 3:00 pm

If I see the PM sent me a request I telling you all now I would decline it

14. Sean King
    Sean King July 15, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Everyone know he don’t talk to bajans or care about them .So a facebook profile in no way can be him. And btw I don’t think anyone would be interested in adding him anyway.

15. Lilian Lloyd
    Lilian Lloyd July 15, 2017 at 3:08 pm

WAIT..WAIT.. WHO WANT FRIENDS WITH FUNDEL FROON

16. Jea Alleyne July 15, 2017 at 3:10 pm

So true, @ Santini More……The only communication is where to pay, land tax, dis tax or dat tax….. It could only be fake, the PM TAKES but never GIVES…. And they call that a system, lma……Oh sorry that is a modernised slave system !!

17. Bab Clarke
    Bab Clarke July 15, 2017 at 3:20 pm

I also receive that friend request. But. Delete it. Straight away I knew it was false.

18. Sabrina Ifill
    Sabrina Ifill July 15, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Willz RDlooka

19. Trr Primus
    Trr Primus July 15, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Monette Jones

20. Greg Greaves
    Greg Greaves July 15, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Really,,,,Realllllyy,,,REALLY,,,,of all the people to impersonate they choose Freundel,,,,,,,,really, smdh.

21. Errol Rayside
    Errol Rayside July 15, 2017 at 4:16 pm

FAKE NEWS..

22. Christopher Hill
    Christopher Hill July 15, 2017 at 4:25 pm

i know who ever it is sent me a friend request. anyone that knows me knows is really dislike that big nose man.

23. Margaret Lorde
    Margaret Lorde July 15, 2017 at 4:30 pm

So we have an official fake profile for the fake PM we already have. Ok seems legit! #offtocountunicorns

24. Kay July 15, 2017 at 4:46 pm

But who in their right mind would really want to give him more money….arent they taking enough from us in the form of taxes…teling us to get more children when they taxed us so heavy we cant even feed ourselves while they raising the price of formula, pampers and maternity pads….really now how stupid do they think we are??

25. Boyce Jr Angus
    Boyce Jr Angus July 15, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Lol….the comments doh…..lol….I love m bajan ppls

26. Jea Alleyne July 15, 2017 at 5:09 pm

The first English ship touched the island on May 14th 1625 under the command of Captain John Powell. The island was therefore claimed on behalf of King James I.

Who did the English claim the Island from seeing as no-one on earth actually owned any of the Islands……Its amazing when you look back at history and see why things are the way they are today……They still own it now, Barbados is NOT independent !!

27. Petal Petal Ifill
    Petal Petal Ifill July 15, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Love these comments it sweet I am just here for comments lol

28. Rawle Spooner
    Rawle Spooner July 15, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Seriously would would any sane person want to impersonate him.

29. Juliet Marshall
    Juliet Marshall July 15, 2017 at 6:09 pm

This one take the cake and icing too. Fuh real my belly hurting me now

30. Ali Baba
    Ali Baba July 15, 2017 at 6:59 pm

what de ….impersonating who? alice in wonderland or sleep beauty, may raponso, raponso, let down ur hair, ah mean ur SLEEP

31. Skyy Blu
    Skyy Blu July 15, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Wow the person that did this has no ambition whatsoever !!!

32. Sonia Small
    Sonia Small July 15, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Cheupse lllololol I would live he send me one I want house raise of pay tax free living when I get in that th inbox my list long long long he will delete but noir kinky delete BLOCK TOO

33. Sonia Small
    Sonia Small July 15, 2017 at 8:34 pm

He going laugh lolol

34. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn July 15, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I will try calling this number.I want to find out when he is going to call Election. I want to see some of these ministers remove from the house.

35. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn July 15, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Election is around the corner. That is a good add. From BARBADOS today. Why would a prime minister want to give out his number. This number LOOKS like a campaign number. The people from his constituency need it. All the beggers can call now. They have ten millions DOLLARSput aside for the beggers.

36. Bajan boy July 16, 2017 at 12:14 am

If it is his number when will he answer it. His Ministers have to text him to communicate and this is a land line so you cant text. Such a joker..

37. Lady-Stylez Pilgrim
    Lady-Stylez Pilgrim July 16, 2017 at 12:34 am

And who psycho went through alllll that trouble for???

38. jrsmith July 16, 2017 at 3:52 am

I am not planning to vote in the upcoming election, because my take the present government who suppose to be taxing the life out of bajans will be back in power……………….
    This so call fake account comes directly from the government , this is how they see the black voters , this is how they are judging whats to come, this is keeping the people minds away from the real issues which is effecting the black masses…….this is showing how simple and easy to stir the people up………………………….
    This is the do nothing say nothing attitude ,using the social media……………………………………………

39. Maureen Burgess
    Maureen Burgess July 16, 2017 at 6:20 am

This happened with my name amount others of both blp and dlp , this is not new that’s why persons holding office ought to be vigilant and very careful

40. Richard Johnston July 16, 2017 at 6:53 am

Give him a chance. The impostor couldn’t do more harm than the actual PM has managed.

41. Keisha Callender
    Keisha Callender July 16, 2017 at 8:24 am

But the real one is a hoax too….study it

42. Omar Herbert
    Omar Herbert July 16, 2017 at 9:01 am

Sabrina Herbert

43. Elainaluv July 16, 2017 at 9:19 am

People of Barbados you are very disrespectful and jealous of the PM because what he has achieved you people can’t even attain to, so all the hateful comments are just going to roll of his back. Keep doing what you are doing Mr PM I guess you are too dignified for a certain class of people. You are a statesman and I admire the class that you bring as the head of Barbados, what options we do have? Someone who don’t know their identity?

44. BimJim July 16, 2017 at 10:19 am

I can tell you from personal experience that neither Prime Minister Stuart’s cellphone, the PMs email address nor his PMO (Office) email address EVER acknowledge ANY communications, far less respond to them. And that if PM Stuart ever had a Facebook presence – as the very effective and charismatic PM of Dominica does have – neither he nor any of his minions would ever respond to Posts placed there. Freundel Stuart was a useless lawyer and is a useless Prime Minister who has no idea what is required of him, and HE DOES NOT COMMUNICATE. Stuart is a wooden-brain figurehead put there by the real powers behind the Party. Start from that point in all dealings with him, and you will never be unhappy with his (lack of) performance.

45. Elainaluv July 16, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Why would he respond to a bunch of knuckle heads who can’t even reason from cause to effect. The PM is too much of a gentleman to be brought down by people who don’t understand that just as you live within a family you have to make a meaningful contribution to build that family, so what about your own country that needs you right now, people wake up!!!