Bravo set for return as impasse ends

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – Cricket West Indies (CWI) today confirmed that batsman Darren Bravo, who was sidelined over a comment on Twitter, is available with immediate effect to play in all forms of cricket, following his apology to CWI and President, Dave Cameron.

Bravo, according to CWI, issued the following statement:

“On November 11, 2016 after viewing statements made about me by the President of Cricket West Indies, Dave Cameron, on a television sports programmed . I tweeted a response which referred to the President which was, in retrospect, inappropriate.”

“As I have always tried to uphold the best traditions of West Indies Cricket and its players, I now therefore wish to withdraw the comment made on my Twitter account and apologise to the President of CWI and to all Windies fans.”

Meanwhile, Cameron said:
“In early November 2016, I gave an interview to SportsMax TV during which I discussed player retainer contracts and the grades of contract that had been awarded to certain players. In the course of the interview I stated that Darren Bravo had previously been on an ‘A’ contract, which I have since been advised is not correct.”

“I apologize for the misstatement, and wish to assure Mr Bravo that there was no insult or offense intended towards him. Darren is a senior cricketer who has been a valuable part of the Windies set up for a long time, and I would hope to see his game continue to progress and mature, at both regional and international level.”

The president also said he looks forward to Bravo playing a positive role in both the West Indies’ senior men’s team and regional cricket.

6 Responses to Bravo set for return as impasse ends

1. Saga Boy July 13, 2017 at 2:44 pm

It would be good if the team started to win in a sustained and consistent manner for a change. Too much politics and personalities involved in West Indian cricket.

2. Rawle Agard
    Rawle Agard July 13, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Big men behaving like boys.

3. Donild Trimp July 13, 2017 at 3:44 pm

What a relief to finally see people in high positions of authority catching up with modern day people management skills.

After all the foolishness, rational thought, logic and common sense prevailed, as it should have in the first place.

4. Alex Alleyne July 13, 2017 at 6:20 pm

All who think that WI will now start winning , think again.
    “ONE SWALLOW DOSEN’T MAKE A SUMMER”.

5. Ricardo Worrell
    Ricardo Worrell July 13, 2017 at 7:01 pm

I hope he learn to play d short ball by now and don’t continue to be a waste like his brother

6. Donild Trimp July 13, 2017 at 8:06 pm

@Alex Alleyne – Nothing to do with “All who think that WI will now start winning”.

It is a reflection on the mentality of Caribbean Executives who are unable to use rational thought, logic and common sense in the decision making process and the inability to follow their own rules and regulations in dealing with simplistic issues.

The majority of degreed Caribbean people in positions of authority are seen as intellectually weak when it comes to making serious decisions for the greater good.