‘I felt betrayed’

Accused explains why he sprayed kerosene on his girlfriend and her lover

A 39-year-old man who “sprayed” his girlfriend and her lover with kerosene oil after finding them in his bed has been granted bail.

Royon Royden James of Savannah Road, Bush Hall, St Michael pleaded guilty before Magistrate Douglas Frederick Tuesday morning to assaulting Stephen Dorson on July 3, occasioning him actual bodily harm.

James apparently arrived home around 10:15 p.m. on Monday night to discover a pair of slippers that were not his at his front door.

Suspecting that his girlfriend had someone in the bedroom, James went to the back of the house and took up a bottle of kerosene oil, the court heard.

He subsequently re-entered the house and went into the room were he caught the woman and the complainant in an intimate act.

It was then, according to the police prosecutor Sergeant Martin Rock, that James sprayed both of them with the flammable substance. In fright, the woman ran outside, with James in close pursuit, giving the complainant enough time to put on his clothes and make his escape.

Police were called in and James was arrested and charged.

The complainant was later examined by a doctor and complained of chemical irritation to his right eye.

Appearing in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court Tuesday, James, who is not known to the law courts, told the magistrate he was not a violent person but that he had felt “betrayed”.

He was also adamant that he never intended to do any harm to either the woman or the man, but said he reacted “out of shock”.

However, Frederick told James that while there might have been some level of provocation, he could not take matters into his own hands.

The magistrate also said that he needed to see the complainant to get a sense of the extent of his injuries and as such adjourned the matter until July 12.

13 Responses to ‘I felt betrayed’

1. Veronica Wiggins
    Veronica Wiggins July 4, 2017 at 10:16 pm

SMH…… in the man house in his bed. Some women are really whores.

2. Kerry Holdip
    Kerry Holdip July 4, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Wuhloss… she bold anuff 2 carry she sideman at the house.. #nochill

3. Boyce Jr Angus
    Boyce Jr Angus July 4, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Serve dem right…..in de man bed. Wtf

4. Kim Gaskin
    Kim Gaskin July 4, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Lord look down

5. Anfaani Henry
    Anfaani Henry July 4, 2017 at 10:33 pm

She was wrong but don’t harm her just burn up her clothes and put she out and you could beat the man. But don’t kill or set people on fire for cheating. Interfering with your kid…well that’s another thing but not for this

• Prodigy July 5, 2017 at 11:12 am

Why he could beat the man but not her. Why can’t he beat both of them ?

6. Katht July 5, 2017 at 10:52 am

Although you can’t condone assault, in this case I can understand and sympathize with him. What she did was just plain wrong.

7. The truth July 5, 2017 at 1:08 pm

The man should have blind he ass,what he doing in the man bed,I hear a voice note bout this and Stephen have a car and this is not the first-time going in the man house.why not in your car? I hope the man get not one day for you.

8. Carlisle Norville July 5, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Royan Royden.sinario is typical of what a lot of women do, I @ the moment i am speaking of some bagan women whether they work @ cave shepherd ,or a government office ( if the price $ is right its alright what maturity teaches, is that using the brains you have you can always develope the situation you want( if he was kind & supporting that woman, & really treating her nice, I dont think she would horn him,you cant always blame de woman.a wonder if he learn anything from de senario, some men dont learn nothing bout women.!

9. Anita July 5, 2017 at 3:50 pm

They arrested the wrong person. The side man was in his house house with a protruding weapon. He should have light both of them up…

10. Smiles July 5, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Prodigy, maybe he would have to beat men every week, so he would be tired and decide that one beating would do.

11. BoBoTheClown July 7, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Dem Horner men ,I don’t know wah fa seh. ’cause I don’t know know wah I wooda do if I come ome n find a man in mi slumber fest ,on mi expensive matress doin de dog.
    A might not cha Keresene pun I’m ,unless I ad mi cigaret lighter.’Cause deh n no way I wooda want fa waist ma Gasolene .But de fac dat he ad E weapon out,i sure de Court wooda sympasize wid I fa wha I wodda do to E.
    As fa she ,she wooda av some explain to do. ‘Cause first ting I wooda wanta fa know from a she ,was how come she leh he in mi ouse wid dah big weapon.
    Wah lawd ,Wa lawd,i know fa sure dat wood be de end a mi N she fur sertain ,’Cause I wood not be abe to compete wid my small Bazooka. Lawdy lawdy.

12. Ossie Moore July 11, 2017 at 10:04 am

Bro looka dem get off real good though! Dorson coulda get light up ifin james did a bad man. Like dem say He he had real balls in de over!