Acting GG to be sworn in

Chief Justice Sir Marston Gibson is due to administer the oath to Sir Philip Greaves as Acting Governor General Saturday at 12:01 a.m. at Government House.

This follows the official retirement of Sir Elliott Belgrave on Friday.

Sir Elliott, 86, has called it a day after five years as the representative of the British monarchy.

Source: (PR)

10 Responses to Acting GG to be sworn in

1. Harlow Broomes
    Harlow Broomes June 30, 2017 at 11:15 pm

Congrats to Sir Philip

2. David Gibson
    David Gibson July 1, 2017 at 12:15 am

I literally don’t understand why on earth do we need an old lady living hundred’s of miles away to be our head of state , I would love it if someone can explain it to me .what purpose does she actually serve in 2017 ?? I honestly , seriously and literally don’t get it .why do we need a representative for an English old woman in a governor general And I mean no disrespect but I just don’t understand her presence in our daily governance of this country.

• Jennifer July 1, 2017 at 1:10 am

I really do believe that you do not understand. So let me see if I can help you out. This White rabbit hole goes VERY DEEP with that little Alice. And make a guess who is in the wonderland aka the wilderness. Its all about control and not letting these slaves go but keeping GARRISONS around them. Now what she does is use her MEDIUM aka GG to filter her control. Notice all of the legislation here is on the same page as the mother ship. And that old lady is not as old as you think. No body ever notices an old lady>>>>>>>>> do they?????? But seeing that you appear to want a head of state just not an old woman, one day you will get her young grandson, hope this gives you some CLARITY and joy. The CHAIN will only let you run its length.

• Mark My Word July 1, 2017 at 7:34 am

Gibbo you went Alma Paris, no wonder Dem closing it down

3. Mary Amos
    Mary Amos July 1, 2017 at 12:47 am

Congratulations

4. Kim Gaskin
    Kim Gaskin July 1, 2017 at 6:32 am

Congrats! !!

5. gsmiley July 1, 2017 at 11:06 am

David Gibson if you really meant no disrespect you wouldn’t continuously refer to her as an ‘old lady and English old woman’.

You would have simply said a woman in England or somebody in England.

You meant what you said no need to try to renege.

And by the way I could care less.

6. gsmiley July 1, 2017 at 11:08 am

I mean if there is a GG or not.

7. Belfast July 1, 2017 at 12:20 pm

David Gibson, I hope that you will never reach the age where you will be referred to as old.