Tropical storm warning discontinued

The tropical storm warning for Barbados has been discontinued as of 8 a.m today Monday, 19th June, 2017.

This one line announcement was made in a statement released by the Barbados Met Office a short while ago.

14 Responses to Tropical storm warning discontinued

1. Brian Downes
    Brian Downes June 19, 2017 at 8:56 am

Nadia Brathwaite

2. Cherylann Bourne-Hayes
    Cherylann Bourne-Hayes June 19, 2017 at 8:59 am

So………? Please follow up

3. Carlson Pascal
    Carlson Pascal June 19, 2017 at 9:04 am

I am hearing nothing of the sort when I check international weather reports on my channels….hmmm.

• Cherylann Bourne-Hayes
      Cherylann Bourne-Hayes June 19, 2017 at 9:43 am

I am also checking other sources.

• Cĥřīssý Ballantyne-Mofford
      Cĥřīssý Ballantyne-Mofford June 19, 2017 at 11:14 am

What info are you hearing? Please share. Thanks.

• Carlson Pascal
      Carlson Pascal June 19, 2017 at 11:54 am

Cĥřīssý Ballantyne-Mofford I just returned home. Earlier this morning, about 9:30, I was hearing that although it will not be passing that near, that Barbados should still prepare for some winds and rains, and that Trinidad would get the brunt of the system. It already had a name (Bret) and meteorologists were monitoring it carefully since they said it was developing quite quickly. Will check the weather and update you if there is anything further….but The Price is Right is on now…lol.

• Carlson Pascal
      Carlson Pascal June 19, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Cĥřīssý Ballantyne-Mofford …they now got the memo…http://www.barbadosweather.org/MT-Warnings-tbpb.php

• harry turnover June 19, 2017 at 2:23 pm

This is the Hurricane season mate and you need to check the information out of the National Hurricane Centre in Miami . They are the EXPERTS that issue ALL the information that the local Met.Office disseminates to the public and that info was made PUBLIC about 9 hours ago.
      A good site will be WeatherCarib.com

4. Patrick Elliott
    Patrick Elliott June 19, 2017 at 9:06 am

B reminded about Toma’s.

5. Patrick Elliott
    Patrick Elliott June 19, 2017 at 9:06 am

Tomas

6. tedd June 19, 2017 at 12:34 pm

well from what I have seen on the 11 am satellite photo the storm will not hit us but the top edge will, so we can expect lots of rain and flooding but no strong winds. maybe the met should have said this. As I am not a trained meteorologist I may be wrong.

• harry turnover June 19, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Of course you are wrong. The top part of the system is STILL the system.People are still of the opinion that a storm or Hurricane is a point.
      The system is the WHOLE thing and it is affecting Bdos RIGHT NOW with gusty winds,heavy showers ,flooding,isolated thundershowers,and high swells.
      You need to check the weather forecasts ( outlook ) for the past 3 days and you would have seen that BAJANS were FOREWARNED of the system
      BTW that top part ( rain bands ) can generate wind gusts in excess of storm force winds and accompanied by heavy showers and thunderstorms.

7. tedd June 19, 2017 at 12:39 pm

yes Pascal it appears to be heading directly for Trinidad with possibly the eye actually passing over the island. they will be in trouble as from what I have seen in Trinidad they do not consider hurricanes in their building so the damage will be extensive. Also now that Caroni ltd is not in operations the flooding will also be devastating. As I am not a trained meteorologist I may be wrong.

8. Veronica Crooke
    Veronica Crooke June 19, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Grace Bradshaw Amanda Panda o Oneika Allen Gibson..