‘Blatant lie’

Barbadian actress and director Alison Sealy-Smith has slammed as “a blatant lie” reports in a little-known online publication that she had publicly revealed in “a bombshell world exclusive” that she was HIV positive.

Sealy-Smith has posted a brief statement on her Facebook page denying the report in Houston News, seemingly an online tabloid which has no information on its homepage about the publication, except that the site was copyrighted in 2015.

“It has been brought to my attention that there is an article circulating purporting to come from the Houston Chronicles [News] indicating that I have “come out” about my HIV status. Please note that this is total untruth. I admire and support those who speak publically about their HIV positive status but I am not, I repeat unequivocally, not HIV positive. I do not know this media house. I do not know why they or anyone would publish a blatant lie that has the potential to seriously disturb and upset my family and friends,” the post said.

The article stated that the revelation was made “on NY radio” on Friday night, a suggestion that the prolific actress had spoken to at least one radio station in New York, although it later said she had sat with the Houston Times – a publication that could not be found despite an extensive Google search.

Barbados TODAY has decided not to publish details of the questionable article, which Sealy-Smith said was both “hurtful to me . . . and a slap in the face to those who struggle everyday with this disease and the consequences of going public”.

“I would ask that you not circulate that article any further as continuing to do so could, pending legal advice, attract legal consequences,” she said in the Facebook post.

7 Responses to ‘Blatant lie’

1. Katrina P Lewis
    Katrina P Lewis June 12, 2017 at 11:00 pm

I hope she got a few screen shots of the idiots who shared it and get them locked up.

2. Jai Khan
    Jai Khan June 12, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Clearly malicious forces at play there

3. Jason Patel
    Jason Patel June 12, 2017 at 11:07 pm

See if you can lock up some of the people who who love clicking share

4. Sam Clarke June 13, 2017 at 6:34 am

This is the work of vicious and scandalous people, who deserve a special place in hell NOW!!
    Stay strong Alison .

5. Cavil Best June 13, 2017 at 1:53 pm

That was real low and nasty,I never believed it nor taken it serious. It seems like its the direction that our country is going in.

• Tara Small June 13, 2017 at 4:23 pm

It is the direction of this country. That’s all people these days find time to do tarnish good people character..i.work.with a load full of these people. Disgusting people they are.

6. Flirty June 14, 2017 at 12:43 am

I saw that 2days read it and leave it there she cant come after anyone who press share stupse she has to go after the site or who publish it thats like saying if we share something out there that was release about trump we will pay for it iam sorry sense its not true its out there but whats done is done . Cause if it has a million shares what will you do put a million people in court.