Elderly man hit by a route taxi

An elderly pedestrian is said to be in critical condition in hospital after he was hit by a route taxi while attempting to cross Enterprise Main Road in Christ Church around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police say 73-year-old Martin Crichlow had just disembarked another route taxi when he was struck by the vehicle, driven by 60-year-old Ertha Kennedy of Upper Carters Gap, Christ Church, which was travelling in the opposite direction.

As a result, Crichlow sustained head injuries and was transported to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance where his condition is listed as critical.

Investigations are continuing.

8 Responses to Elderly man hit by a route taxi

1. Sharon Taylor
    Sharon Taylor May 17, 2017 at 3:53 am

I does wonder everyday how eartha get a hackney license!

• Kayvonne Clarke
      Kayvonne Clarke May 17, 2017 at 4:44 am

I ask myself the same thing cause he cant drive was wondering if be bought it ……..just saying

• Kelly Scantlebury
      Kelly Scantlebury May 17, 2017 at 5:46 am

I see eartha up to Saturday driving. I say to myself wait he still got license.

2. Peter May 17, 2017 at 9:13 am

I do not know how old this Eartha is so I cannot question his right to be “still” driving a PSV. That calls for serious responsibility. Mr. Critchlow is an elderly person of some 73. He must be at that point where he will encounter among other things, poor vision and possibly poor hearing. Both these shortcomings may have caused him to stray unto the road or started crossing it not hearing nor seeing the approaching other PSV which may (key word here – MAY) have been hustling to make a dollar and get ahead of his competitor. They all do that. I hope Mr. Critchlow gets mended quickly. I’m sure he will be more attentive in the future. Get well soon.

3. fedup May 17, 2017 at 2:17 pm

The man in critical condition which mean he soon dead.
    These PSV operators need to be dealt with seriously.
    All PSVs should have on-dash cameras and GPS devices.

PSVs are the real enemies of the state – hustlers, paedophiles, rapist, alcoholics, and on ….

4. Alex Alleyne May 17, 2017 at 2:39 pm

A weekly salary for a start will bring down the “road-hog” style driving. Regular blood test for drugs and alcohol.
    This mean that they will need the join a Union.
    Only then will this Mini Bus ZR culture will ever be under control.
    Let someone else deal with the bashment music business.

5. Smiles May 17, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Man, cuddear give Ertha a break, we ain’t know the facts, it ain’t bout how he does drive, it is how he was driving at the time. Man I know he disgusted but ease up off he.

6. Rupert May 17, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Peter where did you study Law (you seem to be representing Eartha) and where were you when you saw exactly what happened like when as you said, Mr Crichlow strayed unto the road? Was it Mr Crichlow who told you he didn’t hear or see the approaching other PSV? Stay young and I hope you are never involved in an accident. Because the man is 73, you have already decided it is his own fault that he got hit. Your young eyes are so good that you didn’t read that Eartha is 60.