Police investigate Parkinson incident

Police are investigating a violent incident which occurred at the Parkinson Memorial School yesterday.

Reports are that a suspended 15-year-old student made his way back onto the compound of The Pine, St Michael institution around 1 p.m. Wednesday and proceeded to damage a teacher’s vehicle with a rock before he could be restrained.

Officials of the Ministry of Education and the Barbados Union of Teachers were called in with police.

The fourth form student was subsequently escorted off the compound by law enforcement officers.

16 Responses to Police investigate Parkinson incident

1. Milli Watt May 4, 2017 at 8:52 am

this education act got to change to give some power back to the schools, police and courts to deal with this crowd. the teachers unions have been talking to long and it is time to stand along side the road to bring attention to this non sense. suspect this crowd going wait till somebody dead……….we getting there.

2. Kim Gaskin
    Kim Gaskin May 4, 2017 at 9:36 am

If he was my child… i wud have killed him myself….
    Dont care if u think u have been wronged or not… have a measure of self control n let ur parents deal with it…
    Unless ur parents r the same fool as u

• Georgia Gittens
      Georgia Gittens May 4, 2017 at 9:58 am

I don’t know you, but if he was your child he wouldn’t do that, it’s how you raise them.

• Kim Gaskin
      Kim Gaskin May 4, 2017 at 10:02 am

I also know some times u can do that but they can stray….

• Georgia Gittens
      Georgia Gittens May 4, 2017 at 10:05 am

Agree with you.

3. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn May 4, 2017 at 9:59 am

So why he was not charge if he damage the teacher vehicle. Something has to be wrong.

4. Diana Cave
    Diana Cave May 4, 2017 at 10:20 am

Kim Gaskin !! I had to comment here , is that how you would discipline your child . Sillyness of you , put you in his shoes would you like to be killed . Every person on this earth have different personality and dis position when comes to handling certain issues
    They are ways to deal with that incident . People who killed their children should rot in hell or suffer worse pains the victim went though . I am sorry for the damages inflicted on the teachers car , she will get it sorted out . I wish a happy ending for both sides.

• Kim Gaskin
      Kim Gaskin May 4, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I said what i had to…. y u have a problem with it…
      So i am to bare a demon spawn n allow him to terrorize ppl?
      Hell No….

5. Biscuits May 4, 2017 at 10:31 am

I wonder what initiated this and the violence being exibited by our youth? Failure of parents to love and guide their children….over zealous administration of licks during childhood… lack of understanding and reasoning in our children’s lives?
    There are always two sides to a story…sometimes three. While violence and vandalism is unacceptable, instead of throwing our hands up in the air and immediately castigating the youth…we need to seriously address the issues that some of them are facing which are leading them to retaliate in the only way they know how.

6. Ossie Moore May 4, 2017 at 10:58 am

Call in De Grinner; Mr Athurley or Mr.Morris and watch some Lamb-Basing! I think ” de Grinner” style would be more satisfying! I heard that there was an acrobatic style also which was delivered at The Barbados Academy. You would place your head to your knees and wait for a a pasty delivery!

• fj May 4, 2017 at 1:27 pm

” Ossie ” seems like you attended St Giles back in the day . Those measures either made you or broke you. Went either way. I remember almost every teacher at the beginning of the class would take his or her strap out and place it on their desk as the first order of things which suggested to me a wilful intention of using it and not taking it out when “deemed necessary”. No point to be made here, just those names took me back. Oh yes, and if your hair was the type to re- curl an hour after combing it that would’ve warranted that strap as well.

7. kathy-Ann Clarke May 4, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Oh no, this is really sad. Wow, he really have lost it. Hope he gets some serious punishment.
    Needs to control his temper.

8. Ian Carrington
    Ian Carrington May 4, 2017 at 1:26 pm

My problem is I see the pictures of him being led away from school without handcuffs

9. Elfreda bishop May 4, 2017 at 1:40 pm

What is the matter with these kids bring back the strap he. Needs to be in a angry mangement programe

10. Milli Watt May 4, 2017 at 3:19 pm

solution give the man another vehicle to lick up and lock up the mother and father………yeah that could work.

11. Carson C. Cadogan May 4, 2017 at 3:50 pm

That is not the first time this teacher was attacked.