Praise for Arthur

Cabinet minister gives props to former PM

Former Prime Minister Owen Arthur has come in for praise from a senior member of the Freundel Stuart Cabinet.

Minister of Industry, International Business, Commerce and Small Business Development Donville Inniss Monday night commended the former Barbados Labour Party (BLP) leader for spearheading the charge against the powerful Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) which had blacklisted Barbados and other regional states as tax havens.

Donville Inniss

“I certainly empathize with what then Prime Minister Owen Arthur went through in leading the charge, not just for Barbados but for the Caribbean as a whole, in the international financial and business services sector,” Inniss said at the Democratic Labour Party’s (DLP) FACTS conference at the Belfield Community Centre, Black Rock, St Michael, noting that the battle continues to this day.

On the domestic political front, Inniss suggested that he would be in the corner of the now Independent Member of Parliament for St Peter in any dealings against the party he once led.

“Though the other side would like to see the back of Owen Arthur, there is a God above and Mr Arthur’s voice will be heard and listened to,” declared the outspoken minister, who is also the Member of Parliament for the St James South constituency in which Arthur resides.

7 Responses to Praise for Arthur

1. Jennifer May 3, 2017 at 1:26 am

Two screws of the same screwing device. Screwing the masses. Oh what a pleasure to have you lot at the helm.

2. lime juice May 3, 2017 at 4:37 am

Donville Inniss and the entire DLP have no shame

3. Alex Alleyne May 3, 2017 at 8:41 am

I would too, and I will go deeper in saying “we need him on our side”. He is too smart to be standing ALONE.
    Right Mr. Inniss ?…….Politics got strange bed fellows.

4. Milli Watt May 3, 2017 at 10:06 am

I can’t open this web page no time and get the pleasure of not having to see this politician. this man in everything when it ain’t maduro it is arthur……..wonder how he feels about the PM. say something about the PM (I dare yuh in fact I double dare yuh)

5. ALEX ALLEYNE May 3, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Will take the swap any day . OWEN for CLIDE, so if you keep throwing out that line you just might grab that big “snappa” in time for elections.
    GO DONVILLE.

6. Loretta Holder May 4, 2017 at 7:53 am

I can’t believe my eyes. Donville supporting former pm Arthur. I tell you politicians are strange species. You just can’t trust them they so or do anything to make themselves look good. I support Mr. Arthur and his contribution to Barbados and think it is high time he is honoured for his great contribution to our country

7. Loretta Holder May 4, 2017 at 8:05 am

Donville Inniss we are privy to your agenda. It is not going to work this time. It is said we have short memories but we are quite aware of your motives and will deal with you and the likes of us accordingly. I think you should quit because we can see through you and we are not falling for your silly notions. Please spare us we are tired of seeing and hearing the likes of you. You stick out like a sore thumb. You need to go back to the drawing board your games are obsolete. You are a thing of the past.