Technical glitch affects Vintage Reggae show

Technical difficulties brought last night’s Digicel Vintage Reggae and Dance to a standstill for nearly an hour.

Minutes into the performance of Jamaican artist Flourgan, shouts of “we can’t hear you, we can’t hear you” could be heard coming from patrons.

Flourgan had to leave the stage around 11:25 p.m. as technicians rushed to get the issue fixed.

It would be almost an hour before he was able to continue his act.

“We apologize for the break in transmission,” one of the MCs,  Admiral International, told the seemingly patient crowd.

“It was due to a massive power failure that actually destroyed the mixer. Thank you for being patient people,” he said.

Prior to the technical problem, local deejays took to the stage from around 7 p.m. to warm up the crowd.

First to grace the stage, Shirley Stewart and The Escorts International had patrons rocking to music of the 1960s, 70s and 80s.

Other performers on the night were Pluto Shervington, Eric Donaldson, Little John, Pinchers  Marcia Griffith and Glen Washington.

6 Responses to Technical glitch affects Vintage Reggae show

  1. Kevin April 29, 2017 at 1:50 pm

    As usual with these reporters, 98 percent of the article highlighted the bad, the other 2 percent highlighting the good.

  2. Tête La
    Tête La April 29, 2017 at 4:12 pm

    up to now, I haven’t heard a PR reply to the December show; but then again, FAS just seems to be in the business of selling tickets

  3. Milli Watt April 29, 2017 at 4:32 pm

    money to spend on this at this time……….the finance minister got to be home with a cup a green tea and a salt bread planning for next month. hope all you all don’t complain

  4. fedup April 29, 2017 at 7:18 pm

    uh glad. keep mekking FAS people rich wunna idiots. betcha half ih wunna int onstan yet wuh d jamcans did saying.

  5. Ian Greene
    Ian Greene April 29, 2017 at 7:18 pm

    Not only the technical aspect the show was poor thank god for li rick

  6. Sunshine Sonny April 30, 2017 at 7:44 am

    Very disappointing show!! Lil Ric brought life back to the show but Eric Donaldson sang songs nobody knew and that killed the whole vibe.


Leave a Reply to Sunshine Sonny Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *