Teenager grounded after assaulting policewoman

A Barbadian teen who was scheduled to leave the island today for the United States where she resides, will miss out on her flight.

Magistrate Douglas Frederick over the weekend remanded 18-year-old Kalea Alexis Cumberbatch, who was staying at Belair, St Philip to HMP Dodds until Wednesday.

This after she pleaded guilty in the No. 1 District ‘A’ Criminal Court to two counts of assaulting a female police officer.

According to Station Sergeant Neville Reid, Cumberbatch was “cussing and misbehaving” on a bus on April 21, prompting the driver to drive the vehicle to the Worthing Police Station to get assistance.

However, when the bus got into the precinct, Cumberbatch disembarked and entered the station where she continued her disorderly behaviour.

She reportedly verbally abused officers, kicked the wall, beat on the partitions, pulled down registers and spat on the floor.

And if that wasn’t enough, Reid said, the teenager also spat on Police Constable Yolande Reece and kicked her four times.

Police investigations revealed that Cumberbatch had not only been drinking at a restaurant but was also known in the US for similar behaviour.

The teen who has dual citizenship returns to court on Wednesday.

31 Responses to Teenager grounded after assaulting policewoman

1. Marilyn Curreny
    Marilyn Curreny April 25, 2017 at 7:26 am

Not good for her I pray she get some needed anger management help

2. Carson C. Cadogan April 25, 2017 at 7:54 am

I hope that the Magistrate throws the book at her.

3. Jonathan Martindale
    Jonathan Martindale April 25, 2017 at 8:04 am

That’s a visit back to Bim she will never forget.

4. Alex Alleyne April 25, 2017 at 8:16 am

Watching too much TV.

5. Julie Rawlings
    Julie Rawlings April 25, 2017 at 8:22 am

Just grounded. She needs a good bit of discipline!

6. Mhyzz Maynard
    Mhyzz Maynard April 25, 2017 at 8:24 am

Just now the children of Barbados will be like that. Please build another prison will be needed soon

• Jason Patel
      Jason Patel April 25, 2017 at 9:40 am

American kids are worse

• Colette Felix
      Colette Felix April 25, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Jason Patel She is american though,she holds dual citizenship,most probably her parents originated from here

• Jason Patel
      Jason Patel April 25, 2017 at 4:05 pm

And like i said

7. Mazie Taylor
    Mazie Taylor April 25, 2017 at 8:36 am

Community service and deliverance from the demonic oppression, family too

8. Saundra April 25, 2017 at 8:41 am

She needs psychiatric evaluation.

9. Sophia Weaver
    Sophia Weaver April 25, 2017 at 8:59 am

Sounds to me like she needs psychiatric help, I hope she’s able to get the assurance she needs and she’s not a flight risk. This isn’t normal behaviour

10. Whitehill April 25, 2017 at 8:59 am

Maybe the kid needs anger management, maybe the magistrate will throw the book at her since she’s not a white Canadian tourist, who knows, she must have been watching too much TV. Let me tell you bajans something, I used to take public transport for a brief spell in the early days of my return, you bastards made my life a living hell. Its no wonder I’m still alive or in prison, it appeared as if the bajans couldn’t differentiate between me and the interior of the buses. Always some man seems to want to put his dick in my back pocket, the blasted women wouldn’t stop sitting on or placing their hips on my shoulders. When I politely request that they remove their offending body parts from my person I was always invited to to “tex a taxi if yuh doan wana get touch.” Soon after I start travelling with a weapon was the time I decided to pay the car dealership a visit.
    Maybe there is nothing wrong with the kid, you bajans pissed her off.

11. Veronica A. Piggott
    Veronica A. Piggott April 25, 2017 at 9:13 am

She needs help, behaviour is not normal.

• Jai Khan
      Jai Khan April 25, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Sounds like she smoke something bad before boarding

12. Whitehill April 25, 2017 at 9:19 am

Its ok, the truth is the truth!!!

13. Maria Leclair Dasilva
    Maria Leclair Dasilva April 25, 2017 at 9:35 am

Since Barbadians are on the topic of flogging vs other disciplinary actions, it would be interesting to know what type of disciplining method her parents/guardian used.

• Colette Felix
      Colette Felix April 25, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Are you kidding,this is an 18yr old woman,what do you think her parents should do,maybe if she was flogged,she wouldn’t have behave that way in the first damn place,you must be kidding me,hopefully she’ll thrown in jail for a few weeks,stupseeee

14. Sheryl Smith April 25, 2017 at 10:24 am

Bad behaved little girl..Give her a Bajan cut ‘pooch’ as a reminder.

15. Christopher Macauley
    Christopher Macauley April 25, 2017 at 11:23 am

that’s how I feel when I visit Barbados, and I know I got to come back to uk, knowing I wont have no more chefette or mauby or pineapple juceee

16. Fay Gaskin
    Fay Gaskin April 25, 2017 at 11:39 am

Brenda M. Earle

17. Thomas Field April 25, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Maybe this lesson (if she learns it) in Barbados will preclude her deportation from the United States at a later date as the new president seems hell bent on expelling non-US born citizens for infractions of the law.

18. Sherwin Boyce
    Sherwin Boyce April 25, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Licks

19. Whitehill April 25, 2017 at 2:19 pm

it seems most of you haven’t had to take public transport in Barbados for any period of time. There is probably nothing wrong with this young lady as others are implying, As a man travelling on the buses I experienced behavior from both male and female commuters that would make the saints cuss. Unnecessary touching, men coming onto women invading their space with stupid bajan trash talk, The bus is pissing hot, bajans wearing winter jackets and refusing to open the windows claiming they are cold.
    I’m sure a bunch of fools probably told that kid to ”guh lung back wheh she cum from.”
    No doubt when the bus got to the police station she was met by cops with a condescending attitude.

20. Allysha Ward
    Allysha Ward April 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Smh, a bajan lesson

21. kathy-Ann Clarke April 25, 2017 at 4:58 pm

I agree with Sheryl Smith, she need a good bajan licking, and she would straighten up.

22. Elizabeth Campbell April 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm

THAT’S RIGHT! WATCHING TOO MUCH AMERICAN TV, WHERE VIOLENCE IS THE NORM, AND SENT TO THE WORLD!

23. janettr reifer April 25, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Spoil. She is a spear the rod child.
    Her punishment should be a flogging with the tarmerind rod.
    Send het simply to Dodd is a waste of time if she is use to this behavior.
    A real cut ass that she will nevet forget.

24. cleo sandiford April 26, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Got news for you Mhyzz, most of them they are already like that, it’s called the America mentality.