Ninja Man pepper sprayed

An apparent pepper spray attack on Ninja Man, one of the island’s best known street people, is but a small example of the wilful assaults on the homeless, according to a leading advocate for homeless people.

Ninja Man is not the only case. We have had clients . . . come in here who had their feet run over by a car and the person did not stop. We have had cases where some came in with their faces swollen after being beaten up, some have been complaining that persons are beating them up at nights, store owners are throwing water on them,” President of the Barbados Vagrants and Homeless Society Kemar Saffrey told Barbados TODAY after a video emerged of an attacker using mace on the Bridgetown vagrant, apparently on Tudor Street.

The video, which was recorded by a security camera and has since gone viral, shows a seemingly animated Ninja Man walking up to a young man and poking him on the chest, before the man sprayed him in the face.

A young man seen in the video seemingly pepper spraying Ninja Man.

Writhing in pain, the homeless man drops to his knees and washes his face with water from the road.

Saffrey said it was a vicious attack, and called on the Royal Barbados Police Force (RBPF) to crack down on people who take advantage of the homeless.

“The Barbados Vagrants and Homeless Society are calling on the police and other officials to investigate this matter and that this person could be brought to justice for the act that they committed. The public also needs to know that they cannot just go up to a homeless person and abuse them because of the situation they are in. We need the law to step in place to defend these vulnerable persons of society when they are being abused,” he explained.

Ninja Man washing his face with water from the road.

“The police can actually look at this video and see that it was an assault on a homeless person and investigate the matter. Why would someone want to willingly pepper spray another individual, moreso a homeless person, because of their situation and vulnerability and their retaliation, would be less? We don’t condone that sort of behaviour when someone would assault someone of the homeless society, especially when they . . . opt to do it for likes or video making and so on. We condemn that type of behaviour. We think it’s an act of assault and we think that the law should step in and this person should receive the full weight of the law.”

However, Public Relations Officer of the RBPF Roland Cobbler told Barbados TODAY lawmen could not charge a person unless a formal complaint was filed.

And while he did not specify whether or not police were looking into this particular case, Cobbler said any activity deemed to be criminal was investigated as long as lawmen became aware of the situation.

This hardly placated Saffrey, who said vagrants often refused to lodge complaints for fear of not being taken seriously.

“Most times the homeless don’t want to go to the police for the fear of being victimized or because of how they are looked at or are dressed . . . . Fortunately, this latest incident was caught on camera and had gone viral so the police should be able to bring the perpetrator to justice,” he said, while stressing the potential damage that pepper spray can cause.

“Most of us would know that pepper spray is something that would leave a devastating effect on an individual when it’s sprayed, especially when it’s in the face . . . . If the shoes were on the other feet, we know that they would have been dragging Ninja Man off to the Mental or prison,” he said.

Meanwhile, Cobbler reminded the public that “pepper spray is illegal [and] no member of the public should be in possession of it”.

82 Responses to Ninja Man pepper sprayed

1. David Gibson
    David Gibson April 21, 2017 at 12:44 am

he want de same thing doing to him.

2. Tessa Trotman
    Tessa Trotman April 21, 2017 at 12:52 am

He poke the man and get sprayed . Humm so cause he homeless he ca just poke people . And if he wS not homeless it would be what . I lost if you feel threatened your not to react because the person homeless . You does just poke people so .

• Shani S Alleyne
      Shani S Alleyne April 21, 2017 at 12:59 am

You watched the video or the person is your friend? He called him and was already prepared to pepperspray him. It was intentional not self defense.

• Taurus Bull
      Taurus Bull April 21, 2017 at 1:07 am

He want the law courts, he had no right to pepper spray we Ninja man ,what is a poke ? He would have to have in girl parts if he felt threatened by Ninja after he called out to him . He planned it and should feel the weight of the law .

• Shana Vanderwolf
      Shana Vanderwolf April 21, 2017 at 1:22 am

You could really shut up though. Stupes. I don’t know what video u watch but ninja man did not poke that man. Who does walk but in bim with pepper spray in their hands a broad day light. He wanted to test out his pepper spray and ninja man was the perfect candidate. He saw ninja man and he made sure he position him self and said something to ninja man causing ninja man to go up to him. He did not give ninja man a chance cause he could have simply turned his back and gone back in the store. But he wouldn’t have done that to nobody else.

• Shana Vanderwolf
      Shana Vanderwolf April 21, 2017 at 1:24 am

BTW let somebody pepper spray your arse just for a simple poke and let u see how it feel.

• Bajan Sebastian
      Bajan Sebastian April 21, 2017 at 1:36 am

Hope u dont in up homeless for unfairness an encouraging him in this,bet u feel d heat living on d streets eating from d garbage heap cause life in always sweet. …

• Sheldine Dyall
      Sheldine Dyall April 21, 2017 at 4:59 am

He want some to try his pepper spray on I hope the police find that stupid young idiot.

• Michelle Griffith
      Michelle Griffith April 21, 2017 at 6:03 am

Shana this is what I want to,is how many men have pepper spray period,usually you would find women with it,even though it is illegal.

• Sylvester Jones April 21, 2017 at 10:43 am

Yes Tessa I so agree. Before I comment though, I would have to see the video. If Ninja man provoked the guy to do it then he is wrong. The guy was fearful. People with mental health issues u never know what they are capable of doing. People need to take the sympathy out of the thing and look at it realistically.

I recall that sometime back a woman on her way to work in the Treasury Department one morning was struck in the head with a piece of wood by a vagrant/homeless person. She did him nothing, she was about her business and he did that. I do not know what damage that injury has caused that poor woman. That is one of the reason they had to put a fence around that building. Get real people.

• Javed April 22, 2017 at 1:36 pm

So if I walked up to u in town and poke you would you pepper spray me too? You don’t just spray you open your mouth and say something first before you inflict bodily harm cause then you have a case of assault on ur hands rather than self-defense.

3. Darren Ramsay
    Darren Ramsay April 21, 2017 at 1:02 am

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t pepper spray illegal in Barbados

4. Taurus Bull
    Taurus Bull April 21, 2017 at 1:09 am

People always know who to unfair .

5. Bajan Sebastian
    Bajan Sebastian April 21, 2017 at 1:25 am

Thought only women is got them man u lie,telling myself Ninja man properly see some cat he like an try getting she number are something an get to close an get spray down,now to see its a man pull this act u gets no forward for that,sorry Ninja man in put d blind master bajan kung fu red dragon eagle toe street fighter Ninja swords kick punch box slap cuff on u hear u lucky,but dont unfair them people little drink are food an he will act like he in Hollyhood for ya stop F round d man so…

6. Harewood Ahtnosal
    Harewood Ahtnosal April 21, 2017 at 1:56 am

Ninja man dnt even touch ya when he begging y he gun just walk up to he n poke he I confuse

7. Melissa Griffith
    Melissa Griffith April 21, 2017 at 3:34 am

all i will say is let a homeless man try to harm me in any way. it would be more than peppers spray? Because I’m trying to understand how people can be assure a mad man can justify all his action at any time people like them forget what mad means?

8. Wavney Rouse
    Wavney Rouse April 21, 2017 at 4:58 am

Why did he just walk up n poke the man..?…just because you are unstable?

9. Kaidy Grazette
    Kaidy Grazette April 21, 2017 at 5:03 am

Isn’t pepper spray illegal in BIM?!? His first reaction is to spray the man in his face ? No stepping away nothing. Yes his presence can be intimidating but for crying out loud that situation could have been dealt with better in my opinion

10. Janelle Wickham
    Janelle Wickham April 21, 2017 at 5:51 am

I was not there so I wont give my mouth too much liberty.But I saw ninja man the same day this incident occurred,walking going down cheap side and all the time he was walking and “dead stopping”in front people at a point of time a young guy nearly ran into him,the guy just stupsed,and passed him out and went along.If ninja man touched the guy he was wrong,but the guys actions were wrong as well.Don’t take from a person what u can’t give too them,cause he could have blind him.Some people will say that they would harm him too,because society will say he is mad,but at the end of the day would the guy seen doing this,if this was a bunch of young guys that had approached him to rob him with guns and masks, would he have done the same? Please don’t take advantage of people because of their status in life.

• Michelle Griffith
      Michelle Griffith April 21, 2017 at 6:10 am

Janelle my mom and my aunt had a run in with him on that same day as well,they were standing on a sidewalk and he told my mom too go out of his bedroom,and proceeded to spread a sheet,because as he said he want to lay down early,she not aware of whom he is because they live overseas just walk away.
      That guy did it willfully,without any feeling at all and then bragged,and how many guys you see with pepper spray?

• Janelle Wickham
      Janelle Wickham April 21, 2017 at 6:21 am

Hmmm.I stood and watched him the day “dead stopping” in front people.And someone could have fell down,but they just went along,I do understand what some people will say u can’t make sport with a mentally ill person, cause if they harm u the first place they will send them is the mental and you or injured.But all I want to know is if someone in fit mind,having a fix place of abode, walked up to you to and just looking for noise or to Rob, would the actions be the same?

• Michelle Griffith
      Michelle Griffith April 21, 2017 at 6:27 am

I know if a mentally unstable person harm you they will just go to the mental,I don’t mind people with they talk,that guy could have simply walk away,he did not even make an effort because he knew what he was up too.

11. Mia Allone
    Mia Allone April 21, 2017 at 5:59 am

if ninja poke the man is that not assault ? are they friends ? why did he poke the guy ? I don`t have pepper spray but I would not be please if anyone …homeless or not poked me in the chest

12. ImagesBy Rad
    ImagesBy Rad April 21, 2017 at 6:04 am

In all of this I think we are missing a greater point, people with mental Illness should not be roaming our streets, they need to be helped.. For many sadly these mentally ill characters are viewed as entertainment..

It is difficult enough in life to predict what “regular” people will do on a given day, So how can we then vouch for someone with mental illness..?

We need not to abuse them, mistreat them or laugh at them..
    Government of Barbados we ought to be helping them…!!

• Adrian Samuel
      Adrian Samuel April 21, 2017 at 6:36 am

I usually don’t comment on these BT post but ImagesBy Rad your comment hit the nail on the head!

• ImagesBy Rad
      ImagesBy Rad April 21, 2017 at 8:16 am

Moses Davis Notice I said people with mental Illness. If they are given proper help and are released there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but as soon as they resort back to the behaviors associated with mental disorder they should be reinstated for further treatment.. I totally understand where you are coming from.. You cannot force someone to do anything they don’t want to…

Let me ask this question is it better for him to be homeless, searching through garbage for sustenance, un-cared for, making others feel uncomfortable by his approaches for food, money, conversation etc..? which treatment do you view as less humane?

• Milli Watt April 21, 2017 at 2:45 pm

wid your money

13. Danielle Cox
    Danielle Cox April 21, 2017 at 6:06 am

Mad or sane, each is accountable for their actions. If he was “poked” and wanted to take it to the law they would’ve dealt with him accordingly… but the boy’s reaction is STILL illegal, had he decided to stab him wouldn’t he be still accountable for the stabbing which is just like the said illegal act of pepper spray??? He’s still human “mad” or not.

14. Darren Ramsay
    Darren Ramsay April 21, 2017 at 6:10 am

Hmmmm so because the man homeless it’s right to treat him like that it’s messed up the way people think that situation could of been dealt with different

15. Genavease Taylor
    Genavease Taylor April 21, 2017 at 6:15 am

He is offensive at times to pedestrians ,even tourists he needs to be off the streets , being mentally ill is not an excuse to be a public nuisance

16. Tom Cabrinie
    Tom Cabrinie April 21, 2017 at 6:42 am

Harm no man , let no man harm you.

17. Rawle Spooner
    Rawle Spooner April 21, 2017 at 6:48 am

Lets put this incident into context Ninja Man poke the other guy first he is not blameless in the incident but the response was serious overkill.

18. Cynthia Bee
    Cynthia Bee April 21, 2017 at 6:57 am

Sorry to read. But if we are aware that he is mentally ill he should definitely be off the streets. ,,

• Moses Davis
      Moses Davis April 21, 2017 at 8:00 am

At the end of the day ppl with mental illness are human just like us …And y because a man mentally ill lock them up?

19. Keri Ann
    Keri Ann April 21, 2017 at 7:02 am

He leave where he was and poke the young man….dem vagrants does got weapon you have to on your guard when walking the road around them I am talking from experience and what I see regularly….poke a policeman mother or sister see what will happen just guessing

20. Gee Zette
    Gee Zette April 21, 2017 at 7:07 am

So many wrongs in this situation ninja had no right poking the guy that’s wrong spraying him ..wrong having the spray and maybe premenditating that you will spray him wrong and its also wrong for ninja to be just on the streets with his sometimes hostile theatrics.

21. Minimusclecat Howard
    Minimusclecat Howard April 21, 2017 at 7:08 am

All of wanna talking bout ninjaman poke the man first but wanna ain’t gine see when he rush at the door to tell ninjaman something.because you hate him does not mean the man right lock the man to fuck up

22. Bajan First April 21, 2017 at 7:16 am

Vicious act by the young man but with that said, can someone please tell me why this dispickable character is permitted to continue to roam our streets being a menace to both locals and tourists going about their business!

23. Rubertha Blackman
    Rubertha Blackman April 21, 2017 at 7:25 am

BT the street character is mentally ill, please call him a mentally ill patient instead of a character. The tone of the article suggest he should be given some kind of pass, but suppose this was a tourist? Would he be a street character? these people need help and not stigmatization or people thinking these people are entertainment because when someone is viciously attack am quite sure the tune will change.

24. Janette Reifer
    Janette Reifer April 21, 2017 at 7:25 am

Why should a homeless man walk up to anyone, poke them in any way and it must be tolerated?
    This is an assault. Ninja does a lot of nonsense. So Kumar Seffrey. Stop being stupid and pretending to have more love for popularity. Some of these vagrant do foolishness and harass tourists and the public as a whole. Ninja put his hands in garbage bins etc. He knows what he does is not right. Let him poke me and see what happens. Instead of letting know he is wrong and to stop being a dam nuisance daily. You are looking for unnecessary work for or Police Department.
    Furthermore I have no interest in those who down fall came through the use of crack cocaine.

25. Hermine Alleyne
    Hermine Alleyne April 21, 2017 at 7:35 am

Isn’t having pepper spray against the law? I am just asking.

26. Kevin Armstrong
    Kevin Armstrong April 21, 2017 at 7:38 am

All of you in this chat talking about madness but at the end of the day, anyone who really knows ninja man knows he is a comedian and he was surly set up to be pepper sprayed based on what he was told the he reacted that way! He doesn’t trouble anyone and certainly not to that effect! Any way!! Who gets there hand on pepper spray that fast? Study the event!!

• Richelle Taylor
      Richelle Taylor April 21, 2017 at 8:21 am

I agreed based on what he was told he reacted, nobody else seemed to see that, in the video that guy said something and ninja then went towards him.

27. Janette Reifer
    Janette Reifer April 21, 2017 at 7:41 am

Curtis Brewster
    You know a mad man by their actions. A rocket scientist is not needed to know. Even the demon possessed you can detect.

28. Divina Mitchell
    Divina Mitchell April 21, 2017 at 7:44 am

I haven’t seen the video so I’m not gonna comment on who wrong or right . However what I know for sure ninja man can be very aggressive at times.i have proved it myself where he came up to me and start to abused me.i had to run from him.i even remembered 11-12 years ago I was going to work with my baby had to run for my life.when he was parading with a 2 by four and went across to treasury building and demanding $$ from a woman who was on her way to work. Because she didn’t pay him any attention he dealt her a lash across her head.sometime last month he had a young lady stalk out by palmetto market. Chasing the woman round and round.got a rasta guy da sells food their had to tell him to leave the girl alone.and he kept going at the girl she was so scared.and he wasn’t backing off.so stories got many sides.and who feels it knows it.i am scared of him.so if I see him.i is hussle to get to where I’m off to quickly as possible.

• TranetteB April 21, 2017 at 10:40 am

Finally…I was hoping my memory and details were accurate before posting and some comments confirmed it. Bajans do have short term memory. I recall the same Ninja man causing injury to a woman working/doing business by the Treasury Building, where he apparently resided on the outskirts of said building. As a result, the perimrter of the building was enclosed, to “keep out” said vagrant. So I am not sure how innocent or harmless he could really be.

29. Diane Quinn
    Diane Quinn April 21, 2017 at 7:46 am

If it was the other way around what would happen to Ninja Man everybody would say he crazy I don’t take chances with these people I see Ninja Man stand in front of a car at the traffic light won’t let the person move off and when the blow at he he beat up the car now who will pay for the damages.stupseeee.

30. Zoya Stuart
    Zoya Stuart April 21, 2017 at 7:47 am

I

31. Sugar grant April 21, 2017 at 7:58 am

Why he poke the man in he chest for keep yuh hands to yuh self

32. Nicole Best
    Nicole Best April 21, 2017 at 7:59 am

It was said in the article that pepper spray is illegal. That means that the young man can be charged for using it. It doesn’t matter if it was a homeless person or not. He committed a crime.

33. Shanece Mottley
    Shanece Mottley April 21, 2017 at 7:59 am

He was real wrong cause ninja man don’t touch ya

34. Carmel Ppocorn
    Carmel Ppocorn April 21, 2017 at 8:03 am

Ninja man wicked af I wen town an he come spitting at me I wud of f@#k he in d warft mad my ass

35. Nicola Fancyface
    Nicola Fancyface April 21, 2017 at 8:10 am

When he beat the woman by the treasury Building he was a comedian too

36. Wayne P Hoyte
    Wayne P Hoyte April 21, 2017 at 8:20 am

La la la la la la la la………… until it happens to you.

37. Cynthia Bee
    Cynthia Bee April 21, 2017 at 8:23 am

I just asked. ,,as if I have someone who is MENTALLY ILL I certainly would not want him/her to be a Danger to Himself/Herself or anyone else for that matter ..in my Country as long as you are identified. You are Housed in the Institution for same ,, and I thought it was the same World Wide note that I said as long as YOU ARE IDENTIFIED ,

38. Cynthia Bee
    Cynthia Bee April 21, 2017 at 8:23 am

Ok

39. The Elephant April 21, 2017 at 8:55 am

I too saw this Ninja mad, shouting and running “all a we gin dead!” devilishly yet oddly prophetic…moments later down the lower broad street, tree falls and nearly concludes a lady from Storey gap…Life is uncertain in Bridgetown, Barbados

Death is uncertain, trees are uncertain, people uncertain and the majority of uncertainty lies in the future. There’s an academic tradition called the ‘Last Lecture.’ Hypothetically, if you knew you were going to die and you had one last lecture, what would you say to your students? Well, for me, there’s an elephant in the room. And the elephant in the room, for me, it wasn’t hypothetical.
    At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become tired or grow weary; There is no searching of His understanding.

40. Marlene Brown
    Marlene Brown April 21, 2017 at 8:59 am

It’s quite unfortunate the way how this plays out, this is a wake up call for the State to place more emphasis on Mental Health as it relates to the treatment and also the the de-stigmatization of mental illnesses. In a case like this the man acted on self defense, without a doubt it could have escalated into something fatal but thank God it’s not worse. Questions now arise in my mind how much are the relevant authorities doing in terms of the breaking down of the levels of services tht comes under mental health, how about community mental health services where u have the teams croming the streets the communities to bring treatment to them and also rehabilitation? How about boosting the educational part of it so tht the public at large can also play their role towards these persons who r affected, this is really really sad. I take this opertunity to call on the relevant authorities!!!

41. Sophia Weaver
    Sophia Weaver April 21, 2017 at 9:15 am

The bigger issue here is how Bajans tend to treat people who are mentally ill. Characters like Ninja Man and Gearbox ( I’m not sure if he’s still alive ) are viewed as and treated like entertainment for the general public. More help needs to be available for these characters and until they are seen as humans and treated with compassion and humanity, the mentality will not change. Laughing at and mistreating our most vulnerable citizens is a reflection of us as people, how low we’ve sunk.

42. Gladys Collymore
    Gladys Collymore April 21, 2017 at 9:30 am

One day I was walking on Broad Street,and up come one of those vagrants,straight so squeeze my breast.I was shock but not for long.I look around for a police man.there was none to be seen .so I had my umbrella in my hand and I almost murder that brute.some body said.look that woman beating that man.A nother man said you didn’t she what he did to her.my only problem was that the umbrella was too short.

43. Charmaine April 21, 2017 at 9:37 am

And the main point is that we have some young people who are beating homeless people and it is a dangerous trend that is inhuman and before it escalates let us stop this trend!!!!!!

44. Helicopter(8P) April 21, 2017 at 10:02 am

Island constables need to be activated for the purpose of protecting the right of these citizens in a democratic society. The uneducated of Barbados are the attackers on these unfortunates.

45. shamzi April 21, 2017 at 11:14 am

Wrong or right pepper spray is illegal

46. Sam Clarke April 21, 2017 at 11:16 am

This person must be brought before the courts for this assault of this homeless-man.
    It is time to send a serious signal to those who think that streaming live on the internet, they can getaway with these crime.
    Bajans you must give up this criminal to the police.

47. DebMP April 21, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Forget about all the drama about ninja man being spray with pepper spray and if it was deliberate or who is right or wrong. What help has been offered to ninja man as everyone seem to know he is mentally ill or what help is coming to help him be a normal part of society without being a threat to himself or others. Can the representative of the vagrant and homeless group tell the listening public what steps or effort is being put in place to help individual like ninja man or to whom he or the members are reaching out to for help for these individuals. I am going to say this from my point of view bajans are very opinionated when it comes to many things as I call it”reacting” but when it comes time to act and offer strong, continuous support they are a no show or it has now become none of their concern.

48. Cherese April 21, 2017 at 12:27 pm

If the guy provoked ninja man to then pepper spray him he is wrong on more levels than one. I did not see the video so I can not say, we are all human…YES ninja man is very troublesome but we know he is not in his right mind the last thing one would want to do is purposely interfere or get in the way of such well known mentally-ill persons, our best bet is to avoid them at all costs PERIOD.

49. Tray Callender April 21, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Ninja man wants taking off of the street how many times did you hear Ninja Man in something ? Not once not twice but maybe times . The same organization that want justice take the man off of the street and we would not have problems . He is correct for spraying him i would of sprayed him if a mad man comes to me and acting up . Those people dont go prison hear ? A little time in the mental and back out .

50. nanci April 21, 2017 at 1:31 pm

the woman or lawyer said ninja man have rights and should not be treated that way, but what about the government getting a house and clothes for this guy, and he be off the street at the mercies of the people. Bajans getting very vicious these days, because of the bad economy, few jobs, no money, food prices high. Why cant this guy get some help, not everyone is friendly and forgiving. Besides ninja man at the mercies of the elements, do something for him.

51. nanci April 21, 2017 at 1:35 pm

agree with you sofia, some people laugh and jeer these mentally ill people, and because most of them are homeless, hunger, and dont know when last they got a bathe, no clothes. Its very sad how you see some of them sleeping in the bus terminal, and lying in lots of dirty water. The government should get a homeless shelter, and some food for these people, along with clothes, and somewhere for them to go and learn a skill, and make sure they take their medicaton. I find that barbados dont have any pity or care about the metally ill, the homeless, the poor. I dont think whichever government gets in, nothing will ever change.

52. Biscuits April 21, 2017 at 2:21 pm

This incident is unfortunate but people, women especially, feel threatened when these homeless and mentally challenged petsons are allowed to roam the streets of Bridgetown.
    I was in a restaurant when this same individual entered and demanded money. When told by a young woman she would gladly give him something to eat but nothing to spend, he became belligerent and refused to leave until someone threatened to call the police! After retreating to the outside, he tossed garbage( from two nearby cans) in front of the establishment and proceeded to abuse the female manager.
    Needless to say, there is no disputing that these persons need help, however tourists and locals should be able to enjoy a picturesque Bridgetown without fear!

53. uncle murder April 21, 2017 at 2:41 pm

if all a wanna really cared he wouldn’t be homeless

54. Milli Watt April 21, 2017 at 2:47 pm

a poke for a poke…….sounds about balanced. A poke for a pepper spray not so balanced. I like how tings shaping in dis cess pool of a banana republic.

55. musa April 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm

getting pepper sprayed is not wrong,what if he oked you with a knife,would you say that s not wrong,and do not talk about ,if the shoe was on the other foot.If you are homeless do not interfere with other people.

56. Ossie Moore April 21, 2017 at 5:43 pm

.Sophia Weaver you are very right , bajans tend to treat these mentally characters as thought there are what the entertainment world call ” celebrities ” . And I totally agree with you again when you say that

” help needs to be available for these characters and until they are seen as humans and treated with compassion and humanity “.

If this had gone to court and I was on the jury there is no way that I would convict this young man for his actions , because it sees to me like a case of self defense.

” Poke or no poke ” the minute you approach a person in what could be describe as a threatening manner , that person has the right to take all actions necessarily to defend themselves , and in this case the young man did what was right.

On the other hand , if Ninja man was living in any other part of the world , he would have paid some very severe consequences for his stupid actions. to say it bluntly in ” street language ” if he was living in the USA , Brazil , Venezuela , Honduras etc , mentally ill or not . . . .he would have ” been shot to death ” !

57. Annie April 22, 2017 at 8:39 am

Man everybody talking. Anybody know how many times that fella get accosted before now…that he so nervous he walking with spray..a simple poke…man have several seats. I does laugh at ninja antics but wanna know..DE truth is…wanna does step easy round he bcz wanna frighten wanna might be de body that he go off on. Pepper spray is illegal. Yes. Walk with a can of feeling spray instead..works the same.

58. sticks and stones April 22, 2017 at 11:41 am

I will bet if this incident had happened to any of the high class echeleon in society right or wrong the person who comitted the callous action would have been found and prosecuted.