Butt out!

Church has no place in school sex education, says cleric

The local Church has come in for a severe tongue lashing from one of its own over the controversial issue of sex education.

The provocative educator and Anglican priest Reverend Charles Morris has all but described the Church’s opposition to comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) as hypocrisy, accusing it of seeking to hinder the very practices in which it engaged.

“Given the history of the Church and all the scandals that went on, the Church should be the last institution trying to give anyone advice about sex,” the cleric told Barbados TODAY.

At issue is the controversial CSE promoted by the United Nations (UN) as one of its key strategies for combating the spread of HIV and AIDS among children and young people.

The UN children’s agency UNESCO said the programme emphasized “an approach to sexuality education that encompasses the full range of information, skills and values to enable young people to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to make decisions about their health and sexuality”.

Fellow member of the cloth and Government legislator Senator David Durant recently led a savage attack on CSE, describing it as “one of the greatest assaults on the health and innocence of children”, with an almost excessive focus on teaching children how to obtain sexual pleasure or gratification in various ways, including masturbation, anal and oral sex.

Durant, a senior pastor at Restoration Ministries in Brittons Hill, St Michael, added that the programme was a sinister way to introduce children to sex, and he pleaded with the authorities here not to introduce CSE to Barbadian schools.

“I do not think it is anything we should impose on our six, seven, eight, nine and ten-year-old children and even children a little older. The main goal of comprehensive sexuality education is to change the sexual norms of society. I am appealing that we do not allow it to have a firm root in our society,” he had said.

In addition, Ambrose Carter of the Pure Sex Centre founder, whose organization promotes abstinence before marriage, has charged health and family life education programme being taught in secondary schools is turning Barbadian children into homosexuals.

However, Morris, who has a knack for utterances which run contrary to church doctrine, said the churches had a “warped view” of sex in today’s world and were engaging in “Christians’ preach” that was not based on reality.

“The church is the worse institution to get involved in the issue of sex education because it preaches ideals which do not reflect what is really going on with young people. We are at a stage now where people want everything to be taught in schools and there are persons in the schools who are qualified to teach this subject area and I am sure that the quality of the teachers in the school will bring a balanced view. We have to move away from this warped view that everyone must accept that sex is reserved for marriage. That is the view Christians’ preach but in reality it is not what the Christians live by,” the church leader argued.

UNESCO has said that CSE has “a focus on HIV prevention, treatment, care and support for children and young people through in-school and out of school based responses”.

It is a point of view that was strongly supported by Morris, who insisted that the traditional definitions of sexuality had been rendered obsolete, and persons now had choices in the sexual reality they wished to pursue.

He charged that the Church’s “judgemental and hypocritical approach to sexuality” would actually alienate children and defeat the very purpose of helping them to protect themselves while practising their sexual choices.

“The Church believes in ‘do as I preach but not as I do’ even though we all know that there are homosexuals and persons having sex before marriage in the Church,” he said.

colvillemounsey@barbadostoday.bb

39 Responses to Butt out!

1. Jennifer April 20, 2017 at 1:48 am

Keep that filthy serpent UN rubbish out, they got enough rubbish in their backyard. We currently operating on too much of that lot systems already. We need a proactive garbage disposal team and under no circumstances must there be any recycling.

2. Saga Boy April 20, 2017 at 2:15 am

What do you expect from a man who does not even belief in God and who has a political agenda. He is paving the way for his leader.

3. Patrina Drakes
    Patrina Drakes April 20, 2017 at 6:17 am

Rev Morris THANK YOU!!!!! These are not the times to encourage ignorance or naivete about sex. Bravo for calling out the church on it hypocrisy

4. jrsmith April 20, 2017 at 6:31 am

Black people must ( STOP) ,have a long hard inward look at themselves , considering that our society headed by our politicians and religious leaders and the others who form part of the law making and enforcement management of our barbados , are people who seems all to be untrustworthy..

The honest truth I dont want anyone , from charitable , religious or political party organisations, to come to my home when I am in barbados press the bell to talk crap to me , the same also applies when I am in the (UK)…
    What P****S me off ,is to see on our (Visual and printed media) showing the suffering which is inflicted on the poor and vulnerable young kids in our societies at home and far beyond thats why we have baby factories in barbados……………………………………….
    My organization, we give millions to charitable organizations , especially in ( Africa ) but you see black kids with nasty faces catching dirty water , which animals is urinating in at the same time ….. but where do we go from here…………………………
    ………………………………………………………………………………..
    All of this adds up to one thing, Its simple you have rodents, you go to buy poison from the shop, (BUT) the poison you are buying is made by the …rodents…………………………………

@, Jennifer, hail, hail, on the button, I need us all who really care to see if we could change our bajan people minds, as to having automatic protection from now until when against our politicians , preventing them not being able to treat our people as they did/doing………………………………………………………………….

5. Bobby Gilkes
    Bobby Gilkes April 20, 2017 at 6:31 am

Rebel with a cause ……lol

6. Sherlock Holmes. April 20, 2017 at 7:11 am

Nothing this man says has anything to do with God’s laws, ways,or anything that remotely represents Jesus Christ. I truly feel sorry for him.I shudder to think that some give credence to the crap he spews.

7. Greengiant April 20, 2017 at 7:16 am

@jrsmith and Jennifer; For several years you living in European nations, and others around the globe to a lesser extent has been giving your money to organizations claiming to be helping suffering children in Africa.

This was and maybe still is the biggest scam there is, you money has been washed so many times that its lost it’s color by now. These criminals have raked in millions, shown their faces in the media for a few years, passed the criminal baton to their cronies and disappeared.

The latest scam now is the lotteries, what is wrong with our people? First they feed us the ” support your African brothers theory “, then they get our money and disappeared. You would have noticed, law enforcement agencies only started going after these scammers after the Nigerians, and Jamaicans started to dominate it. The white fomer colonizers did it for decades without any interference from global law enforcers.

• jennifer April 20, 2017 at 8:30 am

@greengiant – GM sweet pea. My case is very different. I never had involvement in such charitable doings. I see with what u mean though. THE AFRICAN WHEREVER HE IS SCATTERED is a colonized people being used and abused by various NATIONS. WHAT we do in Barbados is a basket analysis instead of separating the nations within to see the bigger picture or wolves among the sheep and our own USURY. The latest that Is being done to the African is the planting of GM crops which causes the soil to become tainted disallowing any natural crops to be produced in the long run. Causing a variety of cancers, long run hunger and injection of experimental drugs. Remember the law enforcers were from the SAME STOCK PILE.

8. hcalndre April 20, 2017 at 7:21 am

I read an article by a female in barbados who said that she was brought up in the church and was told by the older folks not to be in a hurry, take her time and God will send her a nice husband, she said her girl friends went on did their thing, some got married, had families and she is getting old and still waiting on god to send her a good man.

9. Cecil brooks April 20, 2017 at 7:32 am

Mr Morris does not have a clue what the church of Jesus Christ stand for. The church of Jesus Christ is lead on earth by the converter called the holy Spirit and his authority can be found only in the pages of the Bible. men love darkness because their doings reflect that darkness,but goodness and truth comes only by walking in the light.jesus alone knows the heart of man and he alone is the one to heal it.jesus called to us is to be his disciples and follow his words,today we have his words in our hand,yet we have become disciples of the Adventist, Anglican ,Roman Catholic Pentecostal, Baptist, Jehovah’s witnesses, and the list goes on and we listen to the words spoken by the leaders of these organizations who are all blind.those who want to be lead look to the words that Jesus spoke and become his disciples

• jennifer April 20, 2017 at 9:14 am

@CECIL Brooks – well said. Mind u all of those denominations is from the same serpent as it wraps itself around and strangulate its victims slowly. Talk about death by stupid.

10. Carlisle Norville April 20, 2017 at 10:38 am

I notice that you all speak with an in-depth understanding, which comes from the information you have gathered(I am asking any of you to please respond to my statement)I have spent years reading researching & traveling,I have also gotten very involved in the lodge & order, after many many years the lord Jesus christ saw it fit to deliver me from the bondage i was in,( having experienced the Spiritual realm I am very aware that there is a satanic agenda via the one world order to depopulate the world the one world order works in collaboration with the roman catholic church & there is an agenda to have in the future 2 types of people on the earth 1 the RICH & 2 the cattle or the poor All events that are happening which includes the west indies is to bring about this agenda of the one world order, whether you believe or not ( only the POWER of the MOSH GOD ,can save those who have accepted him as their LORD & Master(,n.b.) I will go no further, for now, I want to see your response please respond.!

• jennifer April 20, 2017 at 11:00 am

@C Norville – not sure if there was question. But what I will say is that if u have truly received the SPIRITS OF the COMFORTER AND TRUTH. Then u would know the stage we are at in terms of deliverance. THE Lion has left his ticket, and the DESTROYER Is on his way. WATCH the red iron oxide atmosphere. NONE OF THAT ONE WORLD PLAN WILL MATERIALISE. THERE will only be the ORIGINAL RULERSHIP taking place. Remember what he does not ALLOW he HINDERS. Patience and faith of the saints.

• jennifer April 20, 2017 at 11:02 am

Sorry saw it was a statement.

11. allison archer April 20, 2017 at 11:13 am

Thus saith the LORD GOD Almighty 2 Corinthians 6:17 wherefore come out from among them and be separate and touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you and will be a Father to you and ye shall be my sons and daughters,
    God’s word is a measuring rod Matthew 7:15 beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves therefore you shall know them by their fruit, most assuredly you shall know them by their fruit,

• Sherlock Holmes. April 20, 2017 at 2:29 pm

To make any inference that remotely suggest he is a false prophet is being too kind to him. He is a worker of arts and i believe he reeks of sulphur if you get my drift.

• Milli Watt April 20, 2017 at 3:11 pm

you can’t be Sherlock Holmes and come up with that response……….YOU ARE FAKE NEWS

• Coralita April 20, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Sherlock, the devil wears Prada!!!

This man is some crap else. He does not support anything the Bible says, yet saying he is some reverend.

12. orlando April 20, 2017 at 11:44 am

jr smith and jennifer . you guys always chatting bout africa and blacks. you guys live in britton .just keep it there . we here doing just fine all by our selves. and i have to say ive been abroad also and its a god given fact . africans dont give 2 hoots about other blacks, you must try telling one of them that you is african then you will see.

• jennifer April 20, 2017 at 12:26 pm

@ORLANDO – love that, u r correct. However, I do not identify myself with being afrikan. There is a generalization that all blacks are African, which is also a wicked deception instituted upon this people by our historians, which has resulted in mistaken and HIDDEN identity. No wonder THOSE Afrikans don’t care a hoot about this people.

13. lester April 20, 2017 at 12:45 pm

This cleric is a freemason/priest/ historian, his stance on women being liken to shoes disgust me, now this, he is a messenger of satan, he seem to be very perverted too, left up to him he will support every sexual vice there is, a joker

14. jrsmith April 20, 2017 at 1:20 pm

@, Orlando, hail,hail, just keep it there , we who are doing just fine by ourselves , I live between (UK) and Barbados I dont have dual nationality or a British passport , i am very proud of my bajan heritage , which that history I can teach my family……

I am not (MASSA ) driven, (I identify myself as black bajan from the Caribbean ) , lots of you have this thing in barbados against the (UK) who is our lives saviour , but is so much in love with the ghetto and the hood …….dont care what you say , I love the vibes from blacks and whites in the (UK) when they call my barbados (Little England), there is no special time in the year for me to display I am a black man…
    ……………………………………………………………………………………
    For me , its about time we had our black Jesus , the blonde haired blueyed man, is forgetting his people, we have the real man not fake,, bring him on (NELSON MANDELA)……….. the only thing left for the bible whackers is having a black pope………….

• Carlisle Norville April 20, 2017 at 2:39 pm

A generation which ignores its History, has no past & no future people are very ready to quote the scripture,they have been fooled for over 400 yrs ,ignorant people also say the past is the past, le me deal with the now( slavery done) what my people of colour don’t realize, is that you are taught white history & all that white people have achieved, the great accomplishments of colour people both male & female it not highlighted in our schools you are psychologically & genetically programme to dislike one another, & here is the problem when white people come into a good sum of money, they invest & 0pen business ( blacks & colour people especially the men, they get money they dont investit in buisness ,they invest it in wine women bling & always want the latiest cell phone the latiest of everything the wise man SOLOMON said another mans vinyard I have kept ,but not my own.

• hcalndre April 20, 2017 at 8:17 pm

jrsmith, they are very few barbadians that will associate themselves with anything African and you seem to be one of them, but you also said that you are a black (bajan) whatever it mean from the Caribbean, judging from you statement, your heritage is more British because you said it and did not knew it when you said that your from barbados. You must trace your ancestry as soon as possible.

15. tsquires April 20, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Good morning to all as some of you have very good points, while still holding the deceptive book collection (Bible) as your guide. Rev. Charles Morris is quite right that the book is misquoted, it is a book largely misunderstood since most do not know it’s origin, and Emperor Constantine took great pains to keep it that way, as it’s origin is of mainly an allegorical, parabolic, symbolic nature, from Genesis to Revelation, while the Roman Church took great care to write reincarnation out of it, in the 10th century when they also removed the healing frequencies of Solfeggio. The Bible is all about the eight bodies of man, from the time male and female were created in the same space, to the formation of the physical body with it’s broken column, to man’s encoded redemption from pain and suffering. Please get real and do your research, since we have many different types of Christians out on the streets, yet their modus operandi is the same; how to benefit from monies freed from taxation. While using world Government’s gubernatory skills to keep the masses mentally enslaved, most of us have simply exchanged the physical chains for mental ones.

• Carlisle Norville April 20, 2017 at 2:49 pm

tsquires ( you could not have said it any better),you made me SMILE, I was very hesitant to present a quote like yours, fearing i would loose de audience, thanks for your remarks they are the truth, & nothing but the TRUTH.

16. Carlisle Norville April 20, 2017 at 2:21 pm

I am replying to the quotes ,i red first to the christian quotes ( come out from amoung them & be ye separated unto me if Christians to to do this, why do Christians ( keep X-Mas) Easter good friday & now added valentines day I hold & associate Degree in theology as mentoimed I spent 5 yrs studying every single day the teaching of the Bible & the teachings of the church( the church of today is FULL of pagan dogma, & the righteousness that the LORD ask that we aspire to is NOT in the church( 50 books were removed by the Roman catolic POPE) & a very waterdown doctrin is now taught in the churches, I can name the pope, & the year ,when these things were done( POPE Constantine saiid & wrote ( I sit as GOD incarnate in the earth, & I have the ecclesiastical right to change times or season,& he changed saturday worship to sunday worship( man NOT GOD )commanded that we worship on sundays, christians are very ready to cote the scriptures to prove their point while living complety contrary to the truth of JESUS the CHRIST .all the big name churches here in barbados i visited (,pretending to be in need) I ask for help, every one of them treated me like a dog, you have to dress well,have a nice mode of transportation,& if you have a Doctorate behind your name you have it made, some of the people the ordanary ones ,were compassionate towards me( churches here have no real love they pretend to be nice @ first, & then they let you know what the position is. The LORD JESUS needs to expose the hypoctits in the pulpits, & the nasty living that goes on amoung so called christians, he is going to do it sooner than you think.AMEN.!

• jennifer April 20, 2017 at 5:55 pm

@C NOrville – BRO.can I please ask u to read the book of Deuteronomy the 28 chapter the curses. No offence bro, but any theology by the greco Roman empire is going to be lacking. Make no mistake the bible is about the Hebrew people only also know as the isrealites. ONLY. This is information in which the Catholic church would have WITHHELD.

17. Devout Protestant April 20, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Greetings folks!

Mr. Morris has for quite some time, been spouting a lot of nonsense. The big question is why hasn’t the Anglican Church done anything about it ????? He clearly is not a Christian and it shows from his senseless statements.

@Carlisle Norville – You sound like someone I would enjoy talking to. It would be good if people understood that the Catholic Church really isn’t Christian, and that most of these holidays are not Christian but as you said Pagan.

I lived in the UK for little while myself as someone else said, and I too am well aware that some Africans would tell a black person that we are the descendants of slaves and they were never slaves. However you don’t have to live abroad, there was a program Another Home where Barbadian female gave her experience living in an African Nation, and the told her, as far as they were concerned, she is a white woman.

I don’t get the black Jesus thing, if Abraham came from what is modern day Iraq, then the original Jews look like people from that region (not discounting inter-marriage between groups). I don’t believe in either a white or black Jesus, and really His skin color doesn’t matter.

18. Jherri Santana April 20, 2017 at 4:41 pm

@Carlisle Norville: while I can agree with most of your comments, I must however state that the bashing of Christians is not called for.
    “He who is without sin,cast the first stone”. I perceive in your remarks a seeming bitterness & frustration with organized religion.

“Exposing of “the hypocrites in the pulpits & the nasty living that goes on among so called Christians.” There are the same types of persons and loose living in the secular world as would be expected naturally. As for being “treated like a dog”. Why didn’t you come clean in the first place and state your business. Don’t you know that the spirit of discernment still lives in the church. lots of con artists out there trying to scam the church as well.

save your ire for some of the politicians instead ..

19. jennifer April 20, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Carlisle – Please read the blessing between ESAU AND JACOB. THIS rabbit hole is very very deep.

20. jennifer April 20, 2017 at 6:01 pm

It is 398 yrs of slavery under this beast. Too much to talk.

21. gsmiley April 20, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Jennifer yet again I agree with you re: the UN. I don’t know what is happening to me since I never agree with anything you say.

Wow that’s two times now.

22. jrsmith April 20, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Settle the argument , lets have our own black Jesus ASAP write our own black bible with our black history, and the man himself (((( NELSON MANDELA))) bring it on…………………………..
    Ask the Jews why they only believe in half the bible..because the other half is white mans part….but its all to keep the black man in control…………………………………………………………………
    Some one clear this confusion , ,,,, a blackman in the (US) wants some one to kill so he kills a black man , why black… confused person….. a white kill 9 black people and he is totally forgiven considered mentally ill…….ask god who is right or wrong .confusion………………………………………………………….

23. Helen Charles Knighton April 21, 2017 at 6:53 am

Jesus was a bastard born out of wedlock. Joseph and Mary were having sex like normal engaged couples only that Mary got caught pregnant. To make it look and sound good a story was created that she was impregnated by a holy spirit. If any woman takes that shit to a doctor today see where they will send her!

24. Devout Protestant April 21, 2017 at 12:24 pm

@tsquires – where are you getting your info.? Constantine had some Bibles/Manuscripts created through a man named Eusebius.

However the Bible doesn’t owe its origin to Constantine since it predates him. There are two different streams, one from Antioch which the Disciples of Jesus used and another coming from Alexandria in Egypt from the Gnostics.

I don’t know what bodies of man you are speaking of, but the Bible is about the origin of man, our creation and subsequent fall. God’s intervention to save man by sending His son in the form of man…. LOVE!!!!!

Blessings

25. Ambassador April 24, 2017 at 10:52 am

Mr Morris is not of God but some of what he said is true. The churches has lost their true mandate and their first love. Back in the days you where discipline for sin and you couldn’t take part in altar calling if you weren’t living right. The churches had standards and were fill with the Holy Ghost and people had fear for God. Today every and anything goes on in God’s churches. If we are to judge the world how can we live like them. Preach the word of God so as to give men itching ears. Too many theology preachers and not Holy Ghost fill preachers. The bible is our manual just don’t read it but also practice it. When comforted with man’s law against God’s law say like the disciple I rather obey God than man

26. Gary Veith May 1, 2017 at 1:16 am

Rev.Morris is an idiot and should actually look at what this CSE curriculum, written and being pushed by International Planned Parenthood and the Kinsey Institute, is actually promoting. And, perhaps he should go and read his Bible once again.

Everyone should go to StopCSE.org and see for themselves what CSE is teaching and advocating from their very own materials.

The following is a list of some of the core philosophies upon which CSE programs are based:

• Children are naturally sexual from birth, therefore any restrictions on their sexual expression or sexual activity violates their sexual rights.
    • To have good health, children and adults alike should be having regular sexual experiences either alone (masturbation) or with persons of either gender.
    • A right to sexual pleasure, event at the youngest ages is a primary human right that trumps other rights.
    • Children have privacy and confidentiality rights that trump the rights of their parents to guide their education in the area of human sexuality.
    • Children have a right to abortion and to sexual relations without the knowledge and consent of their parents.
    • Most societal sexual and gender norms, especially those based in religious beliefs are repressive and unhealthy and should be changed.
    • Children have the right to experiment with diverse sexual identities and orientations and the behaviors associated with them in order to develop a healthy sexuality.
    • Youth are to be enlisted to combat “homophobia,” “transphobia” and “heterosexism” and to advocate for their sexual rights.
    • Youth should be involved in the design and implementation of CSE programs.
    • Children, under internationally recognized rights to health and education, have a right to all sexual information, uncensored and without parental consent.

As the Pope said not too long ago, “The father of lies is again deceiving God’s children”.

This CSE curriculum will lead to earlier sexual activity and riskier sexual behavior by our children. These very same activities are both actively ENCOURAGED by this curriculum. Individuals with AIDS are advised that they need not inform their partners of their condition “if it makes them uncomfortable to do so”. They are also advised that “it is all right to not use a condom if they choose not to”. Any parent, God believing or atheist, would be sickened by it.

International Planned Parenthood is a multi-million dollar organization and has bought influence in the corrupt UN apparently.

My wife and I work with the Universal Peace Federation which is an NGO working in consultative status with the UN. We have heard of the corruption first hand from our colleagues who work there.

I have no problem with the teaching of sexual health and reproduction to our children. But this is NOT the curriculum to be used to do so. It’s not worth the destruction of our children’s innocence, their physical and emotional well being, or our nation’s future.

27. Gary Veith May 1, 2017 at 1:30 am

Rev. Morris is confused and should actually look at what this CSE curriculum, written and being pushed by International Planned Parenthood and the Kinsey Institute, is actually promoting. And, perhaps he should go and read his Bible once again.

There surely has been hypocrisy in the history of the church, but God’s word is very clear, consistent and unchanging. The fact that there is sin in the world doesn’t make evil right and God’s word invalid.

• Youth should be involved in the design and implementation of CSE programs.