Two on drug-related charges

Two people are on remand this Easter weekend having been arrested and charged in connection with several drug-related offences.

Rodney Omar Byer, 39, of Airy Hill, St George, and 26-year-old Makeba Nititu Henry, of Fairy Valley, Christ Church, have been charged with unlawful possession of cannabis, unlawful possession of cannabis with intent to supply, trafficking of cannabis and unlawful possession of apparatus. Byer also faces an additional charge of cultivation of cannabis.

On Thursday, April 13, members of the Drug Squad executed search warrants at the residences of both men. They found 9.5 kilo, with an estimated street value $38,000, at Byer’s home, and 21grams, with an estimated street value $105, at home of Henry.

Both men appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrates’ Court on Thursday and were remanded to reappear in the District ‘B’ Court on May 19.

7 Responses to Two on drug-related charges

1. Anne Ince
    Anne Ince April 14, 2017 at 2:48 pm

A waste of time….unemployment

2. Penny April 14, 2017 at 2:50 pm

It amazes me how something put on this Earth by our creator is outlawed to use. Every part of the plant has a use. I live in the US and in our State it is legal and it has been proven there is less Cocaine, Methanfedimine, Heroin, not to mention what you get from a Doctor such as Oxy, Morphine, Dilated….take it from me. Since 2005 doctors have had me on so many of these dangerous drugs I almost died by overtaking them trying to get rid of the Chronic headaches and Chronic Migraines, because they really didn’t take away the pain, it was taking too much money away from my family. It added to my depression and spiked my PTSD figured the world would be better off without me seeing I can’t work due to my problems. My Doctor told me to try Medical Marijuana, I did, I weened myself off of every hard narcotic prescribed to me and I’ve never looked back. Marijuana isn’t a drug, it’s a helpful plant, medicinal, clothing, rope, cures cancers, gosh I could type a novel. Please research this plant and make it legal. It’s been used since the beginning of time.

3. The Wiz April 14, 2017 at 3:32 pm

On remand for twenty grams @ $105. Really! Is this an efficient use of police and judiciary resources.

4. chinho April 14, 2017 at 4:53 pm

À waste of tax papers money, put a fine on them an let them go ;

5. Mack April 15, 2017 at 10:23 am

my friend the wiz!!

Why this love affair with drugs? You cant see the destruction associated with it?

• Jennifer April 15, 2017 at 10:40 am

The thing is that we as a people are already taking PRESCRIBED medicines which are doing just as equal or more damage than marijuana. What will happen here is that once the Patten is developed and the control of this substance is fully colonized then this type of crime will become a thing of the past.

6. Jus me April 16, 2017 at 3:36 am

America ,Canada to name but two legalising
    Weed.
    We still incarcerating people.
    Keeping them in Dodds at huge public expense.
    Idiocy,sheer absolute, idiocy.