Bayview names new head

Bayview Hospital has officially announced the appointment of its new hospital administrator, Julie Reid. Jules Reid is a registered nurse who brings over 23 years of international healthcare experience in the areas of nursing, counselling and management to the private healthcare establishment. She replaces Winifred Edwards, who retired last month after 16 years of dedicated employment at Bayview Hospital.

Reid previously worked with internationally-recognised health and treatment facilities in London, Antigua, Trinidad, and Barbados. She holds nursing qualifications from both St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the Royal London Hospital, as well as a health education degree from the City of London University. She is also trained in various specialities such as HIV/AIDS management, palliative care, teaching and assessing, ward management, and counselling and drug addiction. Her volunteer activities include feeding the homeless, and she was involved in various fundraising cancer research charities in the UK.

New Bayview Hospital administrator Julie ‘Jules’ Reid

The new hospital administrator says her vast experience has given her the knowledge she needs to able to motivate others while at the same time being empathetic to patient needs.

“I am passionate about healthcare and social work which is a perfect fit for my new role as administrator at Bayview. I am keen to uphold the high standard of care provided by the hospital, as well as chart a new path forward towards expanding the services and facilities we can offer our patients,” she says. An enthusiastic environmentalist, Reid says she is also determined to make Bayview Hospital a ‘greener’ service provider and continue to distinguish it as the best healthcare facility on the island.

Bayview Hospital is a privately-owned and operated health facility delivering first class medical care to Barbadian residents and visitors. It recently launched a new allergy testing and treatment service which is to be a one of a kind service on the island geared at addressing the high occurrence of allergies in the population. The hospital is expected to continually modernise its facilities and extend its services under Reid’s leadership.

9 Responses to Bayview names new head

1. jrsmith April 14, 2017 at 1:53 pm

This is the kind of people we need to attract to Barbados , people who our nurses and medical teams can learn from…..
    during my working period in the (NHS) I have always heard of her and have met her 3 times.. (welcome to Barbados )………

2. Whitehill April 14, 2017 at 2:09 pm

I was almost tempted to ask where are those Bajan black nurses for this position, then I remembered the crap those women subjected me to on every visit to the hospital in Barbados.
    looking at this person’s resume I don’t read where she’s obnoxious, rude, angry and belligerent.

• Jennifer April 14, 2017 at 3:05 pm

@Whitehill – “I don’t read where she’s obnoxious, rude, angry and belligerent” No but that will not be on her resume or get her the post. You will probably get that on face to face contact. Mind you I understand what you are saying about some of the hogism in the hospital.

3. Ricci Khan April 14, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I am amazed on a daily basis about the negativity and downright stipidity of people who comment in this forum and call in on Brass Tacks. I have been several times to the Bayview Hospital and the Q.E.H. and I have never experienced obnoxious, rude, angry or belligerent personnel. I am not looking forward to next year’s Election campaigning as it will be the worse ever experienced in our History..

4. Don't comment if you don't know! April 14, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Congrats Julie well done!! It’s sweet to welcome her but she does live here and has for years supporting our health industry. What you do find is a super efficient professional and caring person!!!

5. BaJan boy April 15, 2017 at 1:56 am

@Ricci Khan when you can hear from a Mininster that there will be blood running in the streets you can expect anything. Fortunately Barbadians are smarter than any of DEM….there are many Barbadians who experience much disrespect when they visit the QEH don’t think that because you might be a white boy who they stand up to when you arrive it doesn’t exist..the poor in this country not only getting poore they see hell in high places..

6. Whitehill April 15, 2017 at 11:14 am

I guess some of us will live our entire lives or visit Barbados and not experience some of the nasty indifferent attitudes of most employees who are performing some service oriented duty. Some will never be made to feel as if they have left their homes to make some employee’s life miserable by asking simple questions or help in some way. While you bastards get the top shelf treatment, I watch in anguish as those who weren’t deserving of this treatment just have to walk away as there is no recourse.
    Because there are schmucks who’ll deny these things, I’ve taken to carrying my cell phone to records these individuals who are rude, obnoxious, angry and belligerent.
    Also, to record those black fools who treat the COOLY MAN and Europeans better than the gentlemen from WhiteHill, St. Andrew.

7. Whitehill April 15, 2017 at 3:15 pm

I was wondering how long before some comments would’ve been deleted. Soon I’ll be banned from posting just as that place on fontabelle did me a while back.
    Was it the Cooly man remark?

8. S.Rowe April 15, 2017 at 9:59 pm

“I don’t read where she’s obnoxious, rude, angry and belligerent”
    Often times these “qualities” are initiated by the patients .