Barbados to get its first luxury beach club

Barbados is to get its first luxury beach club property with the opening at Port Ferdinand of the luxury lifestyle and hospitality brand Nikki Beach at the end of this year.

Nikki Beach Barbados will sit on 1.4 acres of pristine beachfront property and mark the entry of the first luxury beach club property on the island, founder and owner of Nikki Beach Worldwide Jack Penrod announced.

The intimate beach club location will consist of a restaurant, pool and beach access with oceanfront seating for up to 200 guests. The elevated beach club will run along the shoreline, and yachts will dock directly at the location, while water shuttle services will also be offered.

Nikki Beach Barbados, the 14th property of Nikki Beach Worldwide, will offer the same look and feel as other properties from around the world, but will highlight stone elements sourced from the region as well as Caribbean features thought out by well-known builder Jada Group.

“Since Barbados is a destination that I’ve started to frequent recently, I feel that this location is not only a strategic move from a Nikki Beach business strategy perspective but that Barbados is an island where our brand can really make an impact on a local level,” Penrod said.

“We intend to support the Barbados economy with job opportunities, and will work closely with local farmers and fisherman to bring our farm-to-table menu to our guests,” he added.

Penrod said the Nikki Beach Director of Culinary Operations Chef Brian Molloy was dedicated to using seasonal, local ingredients that were organic whenever possible, to create farm-to-table dishes that support the Barbados community.

“The Nikki Beach culinary team will work with local fisherman to offer the freshest Caribbean catches including flying fish, lionfish, barracuda and kingfish, prepared to highlight the integrity of the seafood,” he said.

While approximately 60 per cent of the menu will feature Nikki Beach’s signature dishes, 40 per cent will be developed by the Barbados Chef de Cuisine under the guidance of Chef Molloy.

Source: (PR)

27 Responses to Barbados to get its first luxury beach club

1. Anne Ince
    Anne Ince April 11, 2017 at 11:31 pm

What’s this about? Where will this be??

2. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn April 12, 2017 at 3:54 am

It will be at Port Ferdinand. Just after you pass port st Charles. Going towards the north. This will not benefit the Average Barbados. Unless you are very rich.

• erik April 12, 2017 at 8:34 am

of course ‘average Barbadians’, as you say, will benefit.

cooks
      drivers
      food suppliers
      beverage suppliers
      housekeeping
      waiters
      laundry
      builders
      security
      … and $$ spent on island.

3. Sarah Pomeranz Layne
    Sarah Pomeranz Layne April 12, 2017 at 5:02 am

They do know it’s not a private beach. …. right! ?!.

4. Linda Huyton-Hill
    Linda Huyton-Hill April 12, 2017 at 5:03 am

I’m not sure how I feel about this….. I’ve been to Nikki Beach in Spain but it kind of feels wrong for Barbados somehow. Hmmm . Maybe port Ferdinand is now targeting the young and wealthy clubbers…

5. Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts April 12, 2017 at 5:21 am

Stupas who cares about a beach club that the average man can’t afford to enjoy . As long as it doesn’t privatize any beach then on to the next piece of news .

6. Kermit April 12, 2017 at 7:22 am

cant wait to see the boulders sectioning the beach off…or will you have to have a wristband to be on the beach?….People change is gradual not all at once…..if this property is successful in privatizing the beach…then where does it end?…oppose this!!!!.

7. Rose Harvey April 12, 2017 at 7:57 am

I have believed,the Beaches in Barbados at Free
    The Government now selling out the beach to?????

8. Observer April 12, 2017 at 9:15 am

I really think it’s time for some type of organization put together a team to protect our beaches ,because government seems ready to sell out to these rich folks without thinking about the people of barbados

9. Biscuits April 12, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Great!…It is heartening to hear that there some who still believe in this little isle and are willing to invest in it. Happy for those who will gain employment tthere, directly and indirectly.

10. fedup April 12, 2017 at 1:11 pm

..and half of those who query whether or not it is a private beach probably don’t even go to ‘the sea’. lol

• Sarah Layne April 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Hey Fedup.. every single weekend and during the week, if possible.. I’m at the beach.. have moved beaches over the years, simply due to in accessibility .. go to the beach, in the sea etc.. and my concern is that tooo many businesses have taken up much of the beach property that is all public for every Barbadian to use and has succeeded in blocking right of ways to allow regular folks like us to get to and from the beaches.. and I use my real name.. how about you??

11. Taurean April 12, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Hi are there any jobs opening ?

12. Anita April 12, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Hope they don’t infringe on the public access beach right next to it..it is a perfect little beach….directly north of port Ferdinand bridge..the beach access to the south is not a very nice beach…I will be watching this closely

13. larrypjr April 12, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Im a tourist who comes to Barbados twice a year for at least 20 yrs or so. I think an attractive reason that I spend my vacation budget in Barbdos is that all the beaches are supposed to be open to the public. Maybe i’m not understanding this but for heaven’s sake keep your beaches open and free otherwise only the few super rich will be able to enjoy Barbados in the future and to my way of thinking that’s a type of slavery isn’t it?
    Maybe the churches will help Barbadians organize against this outrageous form of ‘greed’. I hope and pray that the people of Barbados never allow this type of treason for the sake of a few dollars. It would be shameful to even consider allowing that type of greed on your naturaly beautiful island.

14. David April 12, 2017 at 3:53 pm

They need to leave the nature beauty of the island alone. I visit Barbados to enjoy the people of the island. My mother was born raised there and the people are the best. The rich have enough of the island.

15. Lisa April 12, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Wait for it….. That’s the sound of the other shoe about to drop.

16. Fred Anderssen April 12, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Frints:

I believe it was the mighty Gabb who said many years ago, “dis beach is mine, and we can bade daaye anytime; no mattah what they say we guine bade daaye anyway.
    I am all for the many Investments in Barbados by all those who can afford to do so. However, I do not understand why the past governments, and even the present one would allow smooth-talking Smart Finance Experts from wherever to lure them into agreements beit 10 20 or 30 year or more that would deny or marginalize the inherent rights of Bajans. Investing will certainly boost the economy and create jobs for many who desire employment but when it comes to the beach itself putting up barricades is an absolute No-No; totally unacceptable. Invest if you must; create jobs all you want; yes, share a piece of the pie but fundamentally, leave the rights of the beach to the natives of the land. We didn’t ask to be disrespected like this.

17. JS April 12, 2017 at 10:22 pm

All Barbados building is hotels hotels hotels…..dont we have enough? Guess not….

18. Sean April 13, 2017 at 1:01 am

This is simply another case of muct to do about nothing, I will get licks for saying this but Bajans had beaches for years and never used them, how regular does a bajan go to the beach and the island is surrounded by water, further more, how many bajans can actually swim.Yes I agree protect the beaches, yes I agree Barbados for bajans at home and abroad. Yes I agree with all that stuff. But it does not stop our failing economy, it does not provide jobs for locals. An injection of funds and investments go a long way, work opportunities for locals go along….The dirty deed has already been done lets look at policing those beaches, lets look at curbing all illegal and illict activity that will definitely take place, but lets embrace the work opportunities and potential growth for the island.

19. Clyde P April 13, 2017 at 3:09 am

Does Barbados need another high class hotel that alienate the people of the island? Why not refurbish those they already have lying idle and falling down, to the level of Nikki Beach?
    In another 10 to 20 years, when Nikki has had all their tax breaks utilised this hotel will become another abandoned ruin and a blight on the landscape like so many others.
    The people of Barbados will only be able to look on the beach but not enter it as the hugh boulders are rolled into position and the big burley security guards stands in the gaps between them to prevent the locals from entering.
    What Barbados needs is a strong local manufacturing base producing products that are bought by locals and visitors alike with export potential to free entry markets in the America’s and others. That is more sustainable but I am sure the government wouldn’t be supporting that but I wouldn’t be surprised to learn of any large sums of support for Nikki Beach.

20. jason April 13, 2017 at 11:07 am

These places are good but it’s going to be hard for locals to gain Entry .these people do not like us and I know what I’m talking g about and even if we do Get entry we would be put under scrutiny

• Jennifer April 14, 2017 at 12:46 am

@Jason – agreed. We do not need love from these people, we need to love and support our own and let them lot do their own clubbing shyte way over there. Lets love and stick to our own. Once them ain;t privatizing any of the beaches. Take no notice of them or have any love for them. This is what keeps this supremacy thing going.

21. Fernando Hall April 13, 2017 at 12:13 pm

I live a stones throw away from Port Ferdinand and I’m a bit lost as to where this ‘beachfront’ club will be situated seeing as Ferdinand is located inland. As it stands now there is a small section of beach with public access as you drive over the drawbridge so will this now become part of Ferdinand’s property?

22. Chris Wright April 14, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Why do I see the similarity to Labadee in Haiti, a private beach owned by Royal Caribbean Cruise line. It is located on the Northern part of Haiti, the compound is completed enclosed from Haitian nationals except those who take care of the compound. The beach is private, there are two big kitchens on the site and a great picnic area adjoining, two “Zip Lines”, water sports and souvenirs.
    Won’t be long before a deep water harbour/pier is built at Port Ferdinand to accommodate massive luxury liners now available for cruising. How will this impact the tour bus and taxi business?
    Just wait!!

23. Chris Wright April 14, 2017 at 11:00 pm

I so agree with you ‘fedup’ about people not going to the beach. SMH
    I’m amused when visiting and invite a family member to go to the beach early in the mornings the answer is usually “Boy I en kno de las’ time I went to de sea”
    If tourism is the primary industry at this time, the only recourse is to be prepared for visitors by providing proper accommodations for them.