Two people injured in accident at Waterford, St Michael

Two people are nursing injuries following an accident at Waterford, St Michael around 7:15 a.m. today.

Fifty-four-year-old Deborah Howell- Cadogan of Friendly Hall, St Michael was the driver of the first car, while 60-year-old Danny Gill of Jackson, St Michael, drove the second car.

Howell-Cadogan suffered pain to the right hip and right leg. She was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) by ambulance for medical attention.

Danny Gill suffered pain to the chest. He was taken to the QEH by private vehicle.

Police are continuing investigations.

10 Responses to Two people injured in accident at Waterford, St Michael

1. Ione Mitchell
    Ione Mitchell April 9, 2017 at 12:40 pm

I cant keep up with all these accidents but I am thankful there are no fatalities.

2. Mary Jane Gustave
    Mary Jane Gustave April 9, 2017 at 12:59 pm

This is ridiculous why so many accidents, BIM was never like this be careful people we don’t have to be reckless like the world out there.

3. Coralita April 9, 2017 at 1:46 pm

The kind of foolishness from drivers that I am witnessing on the roads daily, it gine get worse. Or as bajans say, it gine get worser.

On two occasions recently, I witness two drivers trying to overtake long lines of vehicles because no traffic was oncoming at the time, but alas traffic started to come and both of them chopped across one of the vehicles in line causing the drivers to have to break up. I had it happen to me about three Sundays ago, just three of us on the road in Sion Hill and this truck man attempted to overtake all three vehicles but could not make it and he pulled across me in the car length space between me and the vehicle in front and I had to break up to prevent an accident.

When you call the police and report these reckless drivers, nothing is done.

4. Shirley Marshall April 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm

People, people, stop driving on the painted line in the middle of the road, it is not there for you to ‘hold a line’ it is there to let you know that you are too far to the right and to stay side of the line on the left side of the road. Stop being to ignorant on the road, it makes me wonder if you really took a ‘test’ to get the licence. go back to driving on the left side of the road and not in the middle of the road as many drivers are doing, even the minibus and zr drivers are stopping in the middle of the road to take up and put down passengers. It is utter madness and mind boggling to actually witness this behaviour on the roads, and many visitors to the island are curious about this kind of behaviour as well.

• Nevada April 11, 2017 at 12:02 pm

From the quantity of accidents i would bet my last dollar the majority is due to the lack of proper driver’s training…(actual hands on training on how to handle a vehicle in a skid/slide at moderate to high speeds).

5. lime juice April 9, 2017 at 8:58 pm

put down thee damm phone

6. Aria Gill
    Aria Gill April 10, 2017 at 1:45 am

This accident was neither cause by recklessness nor the use of cellphones. I am baffled at the fact that neither of the news providers in Barbados have yet stated the reason behind the accident. I am very certain that everyone who was at the scene of the accident, which included the police, two fire engines and also individuals saw the level of oil on the road. I am also baffled at the fact that neither of the news providers were able to write an article regarding the carelessness of these truck users, owners or companies. The truck companies or owners should be held fully responsible and compensate both car users. But as i have realised, they are trying to kill me out by uwi by not knowing what the red lights mean and now grown hardback persons, are trying to kill you with carelessness. I would like everyone to please focus on the road, look out for yourself and others and be careful and stop speeding. All the other accidents which occurred shows that as much as you think you have control of the car, you DO NOT. Drive carefully Please. God bless.

7. DE April 10, 2017 at 7:53 am

We have a lot of young driver who may have recently acquired a driver’s license, going out and partying all night.
    We also have some adults who may have acquired their driver’s license recently and lack driving skills

Lots of persons are driving through stop lights, driving in lanes to turn right o the highway and then keeping straight ahead, overtaking on solid lines, overtaking too near corners and trying to beat the oncoming traffic, cutting lanes in round abouts and I can go on and on.

All of the above mention comes out of person either driving and dropping to sleep after partying, under the influence (whether it be alcohol or illegal dugs), excessive speed and selfishness.

8. Aneta April 10, 2017 at 8:03 am

Start suspending licences for two years. If caught driving jail them for two years. Or community service. We have plenty debushing in this country. Our laws want serious changes.