Beckles calls it quits

“I call it quits,” was the declaration of a man who pleaded guilty in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court yesterday to assaulting his girlfriend.

Tyrone Dacosta Beckles of 3rd Avenue, Parris Gap, Westbury Road, St Michael was charged with assaulting Neisha Reid on April 5, occasioning her actual bodily harm.

Prosecutor Station Sergeant Neville Reid told Magistrate Douglas Frederick that the two were in a common law relationship, and on the day in question Beckles went to a club in Nelson Street, The City where Reid was located to ask her for keys to their apartment so he could remove his belongings.

However, she refused, and the situation escalated, ending with Reid slapping the woman before walking out.

Reid followed him, the prosecutor said, and Beckles took the keys from Reid’s handbag.

He then went to the apartment, and while getting his belongings Reid arrived and a quarrel ensued, which escalated into a fight. Reid received a laceration to her left arm.

Beckles told the court he had just finished working and was having a few beers when Reid walked up to him with an attitude.

He told her he was “fed up” and wanted to move out, ending their five-week long relationship, Beckles said.

He claimed Reid attacked him with a knife while he was in the process of removing his belongings.

“I took a mop to defend myself and I get a stab in my finger. I call it quits, I move out. All this attitude thing I just fed up with it,” Beckles stated, even as he revealed that while the apartment was leased in Reid’s name he was the one paying for the rent.

“But how come you paying for the rent and don’t have a key?” the magistrate queried. “That is something you should think about going forward”.

He then released Beckles on $1,500 bail, which he secured with one surety, to return to court on April 13.

Reid is also expected to attend the No.1 District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court on that date.

6 Responses to Beckles calls it quits

1. Sharon Taylor
    Sharon Taylor April 8, 2017 at 8:12 am

I didn’t know u were so stupid… Paying a woman rent and aint got no key! Lmfao… I hope ya supporting ya child! Silly men! 5 weeks! Wa u was d new rent man!

2. Demetrio Moore
    Demetrio Moore April 8, 2017 at 8:47 am

“ending with Reid slapping the woman”

3. Frank White April 8, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Lol I don’t mind the 5 weeks but paying the rent and don’t have a key, gimme a break, us men really set up ourselves for women to laugh at we…the question is, was she trying to stop you from leaving because you were paying the rent or because she love you?? Hmmmmmmmmmm Grandmother always said “Never let a relationship come to teet and bone”…

4. Happy April 8, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Reid is the woman beckles is the man them have it mix up beckles is who get stab he was jus the rent Man

5. North Point April 9, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Read this Tyrone

I found a woman
    I felt a true love
    She was everything
    I’d ever been dreaming of

But she was bad, I didn’t know it
    Her pretty smile never did show it
    All I knew is what I could see
    And I knew I wanted her for me

Took her home to mama
    Mama, wanna see my future bride
    Well she looked at us both
    Then she called me to her side

She said son, take time to know her
    It’s not an overnight thing
    Take time to know her
    Please don’t go rushin to do your thing

Read more: Percy Sledge – Take Time To Know Her Lyrics | MetroLyrics

6. North Point April 9, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Tyrone I didn’t know that your mother had born such a big fool, you left country and gone town looking fuh love yuh foolish idiot. just listen to Percy Sledge song, “take time to know her” five weeks of friendship and you paying rent and has no keys, where is your brain, or you don’t have any. Get the Church bus and head by yah hear.

Took her home to mama