Changes in petroleum prices

Barbadians will see a change in petroleum prices from midnight tonight. Consumers will have to pay more for gasoline, diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), but will be paying less for kerosene.

The retail price of gasoline will move from Bds$2.96 per litre to $2.97, an increase of one cent per litre. The price of diesel will rise from Bds$2.21 to $2.28, an increase of seven cents. Kerosene will now retail at $1.12 per litre, down from $1.13.

Meanwhile, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) will retail at Bds$157.72 per 100 lb cylinder, up from BBD$153.85, an increase of $3.87. The price of the 25 lb cylinder is now $44.53, an increase of 97 cents, while the 22 lb cylinder will now cost $39.35, an increase of 85 cents. The price of a 20 lb cylinder has moved from $35 to $35.77.

These adjustments in retail prices are due solely to changes in the CIF (cost, insurance and freight) of these refined products. (BGIS)

14 Responses to Changes in petroleum prices

1. Michael Turton
    Michael Turton April 2, 2017 at 10:13 pm

All the kiss me ass time …..up, up, up. When we gine get some down or up in salary.

• Romeld Decourcey Phillips
      Romeld Decourcey Phillips April 2, 2017 at 10:20 pm

lol, our school mate Walter Maloney is on record (at the DLP’s lunch time leacture) as saying that the increase the NUPW is asking is “absurd” I think is the word he used. However, Mr. Maloney did not say what increase he as the President of the NUPW negotiated on behalf of the public workers during his tenure. It must be borne in mind that the release said that the price increase is due “SOLELY” to the increase in CIF (and not an increase/decrease in taxation) !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Santini More
    Santini More April 2, 2017 at 11:02 pm

FFS!

3. Davie Etwaroo
    Davie Etwaroo April 2, 2017 at 11:07 pm

WTF

4. Devonte Mccollin
    Devonte Mccollin April 3, 2017 at 3:10 am

Gone up again???

5. Caroline Boxill
    Caroline Boxill April 3, 2017 at 7:34 am

All the time so smdh

6. sam clarke April 3, 2017 at 7:42 am

The oil prices continue to fall on the oil market, yet Barbados is the only place the price of the product never reflected in this global price reduction.

7. Kim Belle April 3, 2017 at 7:51 am

Lord please have mercy on us!

8. seagul April 3, 2017 at 8:20 am

On such a small island wouldn’t it be better by more biking and staying fitter. This imported U.S culture is killing us, it’s time to wake up. And while you’re at it stay off the meat and pass up the pasta. Kitchen veg and ginger beer against the the polluted oil prices….

9. Watchman April 3, 2017 at 8:33 am

Oh no a one cent increase in gas, a 7 cent increase in diesel and a $4 increase in LPG !!!
    Oh the despair, how shall I carry on ?
    When I full up the tank on my car I have to pay a whole 60 cents more !
    60 cents !
    No more snowcones, no more bread and 2s !
    I am not made of money.

10. Jerry April 3, 2017 at 8:34 am

It is time to car pool with neighbors and friends. Stop all the driving around for no good reason.Ease the traffic congestion. Save the spending of foreign exchange that we do not have . We have to change our learned imported First World bad habits .Champagne taste on Mauby pocket.

11. Peter April 3, 2017 at 9:16 am

I was teaching my 7 year old granddaughter how to prepare a graph chart and read one. I used our Barbados’ rates of increase and decreases. Basically, I worked a forthnigtly horizontal line across the base giving us 24 columns. The vertical line indicated 10 cents per Litre. Needless to say, she amazed me with how quickly she understood. She was quick to point out that there was no balance between increases and decrease. She noted too that decreases seem to come when it was approaching a particular spending season> Foolish me I asked her Why did she think that was done to which she replied….. “Simple Grandad, The price controlers knows when people use more fuel, and don’t want to get them vex because the people will complain and the government will become the badies.” I thought to myself that she will be just fine. her logical method of thinking is getting there. It tells me she’s thinking. Great job Wills.

12. Richard Johnston April 3, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Why do you need to pay bureaucrats to do something the free market can do on its own?

13. Milli Watt April 3, 2017 at 8:42 pm

if wunnah would stop pumping and running I won’t have to pay this astronomical increase again ssstttuuuuppsssssse