Wedding professionals flock to bridal fair

From the cake to the flowers, the DJ, the seating arrangements and the venue and on and on and on, the stress of planning a wedding has lead many couples to fantasize about eloping.

So as the 2017 wedding season begins, the Limegrove Lifestyle Centre (LLC) is showing those planning to tie the knot this year how to have a stress-free event.

Couples and families converged on the Centre on Saturday for the second Limegrove Wedding Fair.

From wedding planners and caterers to jewellers and wedding designers – patrons were given all the information needed to plan their big day.

Those in attendance were also serenaded by JJ Poulter of the band Kite, G-Syndicate and Rhea Drake. They also got to hear talents such as DJ Dusty and DJ Chilly.

LLC representative Lynne Williams told Barbados TODAY that following the overwhelming response to the event in 2016, a decision was made to stage an even “bigger and better” one this year.

She said the event, which targeted tourists and locals, offered all the sights and sounds that Barbados has to offer.

“As a destination, I think Barbados has from the beach vibe to the plantation vibe to the country vibe. I think as a wedding destination as a whole, we can offer so many different things for tourists and locals,” Williams said. (KK)

9 Responses to Wedding professionals flock to bridal fair

1. Peter March 19, 2017 at 3:12 pm

This, like Valentines, Mothers’ Day, Easter bunny, Christmas a la Santa, are advertisement to go out and spend money. Pray tell me Who are these “expeerts” as they call themselves? Are they married? how long? I’ve been to an expensive wedding where the bride was caught having sex with the Best man on her wedding day. I have witnessed a Groom tongue kissed his wife’s sister in a room adjoining the reception hall. He said” oh shucks I was drunk and mistook her for my wife. .” to which his now former wife replied…” Yeah , right. She kissed you right back. Tell that to her husband. No wonder her children looks like you.” People get married but without thinking clearly. They go into church and Promise God all kinds of dedication through thick and thin, good and bad, better and worse, sickness and health and even till death do they part and then move their differtent ways. wedding costs still outstanding. I know one guy who lefty his wifey. Ihis excuse was “Till debt do us part. She went and credit a lot of stuff so I had to part…….. Good luck you marriage and wedding scammers….Hope you all collect your money before the wedding…..

• Jennifer March 19, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Hahahahahaaha – Couldn’t said it better myself. I wish more people would see all of it as a money burner.

2. Peter March 19, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Oh by the way, I am married to the same woman over 40 years. We love each other dearly. In my eyes and heart, she’s forever young and beautiful.

3. Chris Wright March 19, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Is it any of your money, why do you have to worry how they spend it? Different strokes for different folks, their money, they earn it they spend it however they like.

4. Peter March 20, 2017 at 7:25 am

Chris girl, It’s absolutely NONE of my business. How uoy know it is their money? They more than likely Got it from their parents or loving others who either rnjoy the ride or bare the shame when they come back and say…” well, it didn’t work. Their children if any, suffer and they end up hating each other. And worse yet, people takes sides. Oh the costs? that money is burnt. Well in the pockets of the organizers and pklannerswho makes a living doing this. Don’t get me wrong. Some marriages last a lifetime as they should. Only true and deep love separates the two. Make sure you get paid Huh?

• Jennifer March 20, 2017 at 9:01 am

This is probably one of the organizers/professionals, its called being shallow and simple. This is why the earth is in this state.

5. Peter March 20, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Jennifer. and jr smith….. Things so bad in Barbados every ten minutes on VOB one can hear Mothers Day trips to Dubai with US$500.00 spending money was that per day? cause $500.00 can’t buy lunch at some hotels there. much less accommodation. Then another one to Ft. Lauderdale to shop. then another one to Paris. Wow. Things really bad bout hey. Mind you, dem only sendin one person and a partner but look how much sponsors dem fuse together to pay de fare? Ef Bajans fall fuh dem tricks den wuh yuh expeck?

6. Jennifer March 20, 2017 at 2:09 pm

@Peter – excellent observation as usual. All tricks and money burning exercises for gullible, simple people. The 69 effect. You will eventually spend more than you had even planned for the year. Classic.

7. Alex Alleyne March 20, 2017 at 2:21 pm

@Peter,Spot-on …….and I think you listen to “Ian(theloveman)Gill” on VOB. LOL,LOL,LOL ……So much ‘garbage’ come out on the air that it should be pulled and let call in programme run for much longer.
    By the way, not much air traffic might be coming cos DELTA will be no more after SEPT/2017