Oprah now thinking about presidential bid

The talk-show sage Oprah Winfrey has hinted in a new interview that President Trump’s lack of government experience had her rethinking whether she could someday lead the free world.

“So have you ever thought that, given the popularity you have — we haven’t broken the glass ceiling yet for women — that you could actually run for President and actually be elected?” philanthropist David Rubenstein asked on his Bloomberg Television show, prompting applause.

“I actually never thought that that was — I never considered the question even a possibility,” Winfrey replied. “I just thought, ‘Oh … oh.’”

“Right,” Rubenstein added. “Because it’s clear that you don’t need government experience to be the President of the United States.”

That’s what I thought,” she replied incredulously. “I thought, ‘Oh gee, I don’t have the experience, I don’t know enough.’ And now I’m thinking, ‘Oh. Oh.’”

Winfrey’s coy smile and cryptic replies stood in contrast to interviews she’d given over the last year. In January, for example, she exclaimed “Never!” when Stephen Colbert prodded her on presidential ambitions.

And during a “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” interview in June, she said, “It’s the one thing I know for sure, sure, sure, is I will never run for office” — though she still took a subtle dig at Trump.

“Until this election year, I thought, ‘Wow, why do people say that? I have no qualifications to run,’” she told Kimmel, laughing. “I’m feeling pretty qualified. After this year, I’m feeling really qualified.”

Winfrey endorsed Hillary Clinton for President last year, but threw her first-ever political endorsement to former President Obama during the 2008 Democratic primary.

Trump memorably tossed Winfrey’s name around as a possible VP pick in 1999, when he briefly considered a Reform Party run for the Oval Office.

He reaffirmed his interest 16 years later after announcing his GOP presidential bid — telling George Stephanopoulos a Trump-Winfrey ticket would “win easily, actually” — but later said he hadn’t been serious.

16 Responses to Oprah now thinking about presidential bid

1. Carson C Cadogan March 1, 2017 at 1:15 pm

Waste of time. the American voting public just rejected one joker Hillary Clinton and now another one wants to take her place?

2. Bill March 1, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Well why not! They have just elected the biggest joker ever to be elected in North American

3. Peter March 1, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Trump is a racist bully with the mind of a child. His bullying and dictatorial actions are clouded with presidential orders. Oprah Winfrey must understand and accept the fact that she’s a black woman band as popular and wealthy as she is, Whites rule America, and they are not prepared to elect a woman president either. In my opinion, Michelle Obama is best suited But she’s black, she’s a woman and she’s riding on the legaxcy od her black husband. Trump is planning to deliver a new presidential order governing immigration in the name of Border Security. That is all applicants especially blacks and those from Muslim countries will be required to be implanted with their visa which is a micro chip. They can then be tracked and located anywhere in the world as it will be like a SIM card. This way they cannot disappear into the American society illegally.

4. Bill March 1, 2017 at 2:08 pm

You are so right! It is going to take a catastrophic event ten times worse than 9/11 before white America will ever again permit a black man to occupy the White House not to mention a black women!

5. kathy-Ann Clarke March 1, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Oh my, I honestly do not think she will be elected.

6. Whitehill March 1, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Go to Hell Oprah, not another ass kissing black again. Uncle tom Obama is enough.

• harry turnover March 1, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Whitehill you sound like a wanna be woman ,but can’t get rid of your ding a ling and so uses your ass for entering and exiting.

• Jennifer March 1, 2017 at 7:41 pm

You know what, you people tend to forget that Obaaaama has a white mother. Enough said. There was no ass kicking from him, his ass was kicked instead. And did nothing for black people either. He was not any uncle tom he was a coo*.

7. L King March 1, 2017 at 5:51 pm

@Whitehill and what have you ever done!?

8. lswiltshire March 1, 2017 at 5:56 pm

@ Lking
    whitehill probably does not bull and his “wife” is probably not a tranny either

9. L King March 1, 2017 at 5:58 pm

@Bill

Even though I didn’t approve of some of Obama moves he didn’t cause so much uproar as Trump.

I’m not anti Trump and I don’t think his a racist his just trying to wants to protect America and its citizens and because of that his called a racist! Oh boy. If the UK and Barbados had this belief to protect and create jobs for their own citizens then both countries wouldn’t still have the problems from the onslaught of the recession

10. Bradg March 1, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Why the hell is this news??? Lol

11. Mikey March 1, 2017 at 9:12 pm

@Carson Cadogan,,, any jokers in DEM Party ???
    Americans rejected a joker like Hilary and accepted a larger joker in the form of “Donald Duck” Trump because of a joke system that ignored the important and critical fact of 3 Million popular voters.
    By the way when people like Mazie Welch, Undine Whittaker and Gertrude Eastmond were rejected, the voters were the jokers , right ???

12. Sherlock Holmes. March 1, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Strange thing though,criticize Trump all you want he has stuck to all of his promises so far and only those who are steeped in bias will not see the gains he has made in a very short time.The stock market has literally gone through the roof, give a so called inexperienced person like Trump any day over those who make promises and can’t keep them even if they tried. You can’t stump the Trump period.

• Jennifer March 1, 2017 at 10:00 pm

@Sherlock – well said. All this racism talk, so what. Most of these people like him is racist any way. I would think that black people should be racist proof by now. But this is what cloning of ANOTHER NATION has done to us. We have their NAMES, their LANGUAGE, CUSTOMS, DRESS CODE, and a CHANGED NATIONALITY with no CLEAR WAY forward. The man is fulfilling most of his people demands any way. I like his stern approach to things. Its no friendship thing.

13. Francis March 1, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Whitehill and Carson Cadogan are so damn stupid.
    Please keep off the blog!!
    Thank you.