UPDATE: Police name shooting victim

The man who was shot and killed at Lascelles Road, St James in the early hours of this morning has been named as 25-year-old Andrew Antonio King of Military Road, Bush Hall, St Michael.

Andrew Antonio King

Police say King and two other men from St James, aged 30 and 32, were talking on Lascelles Road near Limegrove when they were approached by two men who shot at them.

King sustained multiple gunshots to his body and died at the scene.

The 30-year-old man, who has not been named by police, sustained gunshot injuries to both legs, while the 32-year-old sustained gunshot injuries to his hip and wrist.

Both men are currently being treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where they are reported to be in stable condition.

41 Responses to UPDATE: Police name shooting victim

1. Linda Edwards
    Linda Edwards February 18, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Simply clever.

2. Roseanne Dawson Broomes
    Roseanne Dawson Broomes February 18, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Sad my boy rip

3. Brewster February 18, 2017 at 3:47 pm

OMG! Guns, guns, guns! Where do they come from? What is wrong with our young black men killing off each other? Rising lawlessness in BIM. It is scary for a tiny island to have crime on this level. Soon people will be scared to go out. Come on man! RBPF where are you? Undercover surveillance is needed to weed out those ruthless idiots dealing with the drugs and firearms. All of these slayings must be connected in some way. I don’t want to make any assumptions, but the 25 year old guy that died looked pretty slick in the photo. Curious to know his profession.

4. jrsmith February 18, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Looks can be deceiving , but , why a decent looking young man as this some one would just shoot him … barbados is become a more scary place to come to..
    Why is it a shooing whether or not fatal its a black person….
    Why is it a vehicle accident whether fatal or not, its a black person

Is this why politicians show no concern as to even one comment on the madness………………

5. Santini More
    Santini More February 18, 2017 at 4:03 pm

We all need to assist to get the guns off the streets of Barbados. These gun toting idiots are killing our friends and family and maybe next time it could be you or I. Crime Stoppers is an anonymous call in system to report criminal activity including illegal guns 1-800-8477

6. jrsmith February 18, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Simple law ,stop and search , vehicles , people and vessels at sea… we have a defence force use them with the police…..
    Give a happening about stop and search, some one who work with me a black person like myself , joined a march against the police in the (UK) stop and search on black people…
    The day after the police raided his home and found under his 17 year old son’s bed a case containing , 2 guns a packet of cocaine and £23,000 ……… I am not accusing any one , just how real things are…….

7. Alwin Ellis
    Alwin Ellis February 18, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Condolences to his family and friends

8. Mhizz Weakness
    Mhizz Weakness February 18, 2017 at 4:06 pm

My condolences to his family RIP

9. Gail Agard Wallace
    Gail Agard Wallace February 18, 2017 at 4:10 pm

And I read these Day after day, and I keep hearing crime rate is down I Barbados.

10. Marlene Brown
    Marlene Brown February 18, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Come on bajans bring back the love

11. Lennox hewitt February 18, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Some people n no u cannot stop n search just so got b a good reson infact long i no i legal police n searching my car or person there have to arrest me first carry me station read my rights then my lawyers will do there part so the person that like he saying search men he n no no law think ag n commissioner want a suite

12. Guy Smiley February 18, 2017 at 5:40 pm

it is down Gail. Down by me…. down by you…. down by all of us.

13. Taura Murray
    Taura Murray February 18, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Rest in peace….

14. Bernadette Austin
    Bernadette Austin February 18, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Sincere condolences. RIP

15. Titch Bajan Scorpian Small
    Titch Bajan Scorpian Small February 18, 2017 at 6:08 pm

My deepest condolence to the family.

16. Jaime Kelly
    Jaime Kelly February 18, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Sad sad sad

17. being real February 18, 2017 at 6:21 pm

I’m sorry for disappointing you Lennox, but the police does have a right to stop and search, if in they opinion they suspect any type of illegal activity is taking place. Having said that, the way that things are happening in this Island, i’m supporting them 100%.It’s so sad to hear about all this killing and we cannot continue as law abiding citizens to sit back and relax as these misguided and lawless indivisuals destroy our land. We who have children should not be living as prisoners who cannot venture out of our homes while gun toting boys are licking shots(as the younger generation would say). I am asking anyone out there who have any information about illegal firearms, please place an annonymous to crime stoppers and let us take back Barbados from these idiots.

18. Joan Brome
    Joan Brome February 18, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Well well lost for words me, I’m flabergasted if that’s a word. Young ppl wouldn’t hear they won’t hear, I have a son as well I.always.say when.you don’t hear you does feel. Young ppl want a lot.of quick money and they.get involved in.a lot of.criminal activity, so they will pay the price dearly , so so sad. What a waste of a young life. I don’t know the circumstances I.cannot judge

• Valerie Cecelia
      Valerie Cecelia February 18, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Joan Brome I thought you had the facts and was judging as well. You seem to know that he was a bad boy. I will wait for the facts

• Ashanti Padilla
      Ashanti Padilla February 18, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Steupse

• Kimmy Slimz
      Kimmy Slimz February 19, 2017 at 6:01 am

Please have a seat with this negativity… Stupse

• Joan Brome
      Joan Brome February 19, 2017 at 6:03 am

Wait patiently.for the.facts

19. Sand Rene
    Sand Rene February 18, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Condolences to Andrew’s family especially his mother.

20. Nicole Cornelius
    Nicole Cornelius February 18, 2017 at 8:11 pm

R. I. P

21. Preciouz Peachez
    Preciouz Peachez February 18, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Sad… May He Rest In Peace My Deepest Sympathy to his family

22. Tracey Griffith
    Tracey Griffith February 18, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Joan Brome stop thinking negative.. Judge Not! only him and god knows the truth of the story.. my deepest sympathy to his family and friends

23. lime juice February 19, 2017 at 12:54 am

When ever someone is cought for a crime like of this kind this is what will happens, investigations, statement, get a lawyer (Andrew Pilgrim) charged, go on remand, get bail for over a year, case call up, plead guilty to manslaughter, get three to four years in Dods vocationing center in st Phillip, eat, drink, sleep, push weights, get big, get release and back on the streets bulling left right and centre spreading aids and don’t care. Tax payers pay for all of this through their teeth including the victims family and then the Prime Minister would say that it hit him for six.

24. Amanda Ramsay
    Amanda Ramsay February 19, 2017 at 1:19 am

Is this the young man that works at Mapps in eagle hall??

25. Roger Gibbons February 19, 2017 at 4:36 am

I only know this young by interacting on a business level and he was always pleasant and had always had something good to say. I am really shocked and saddened. Hope the culprits are brought to justice. RIP

26. Kimmy Slimz
    Kimmy Slimz February 19, 2017 at 6:02 am

RIP my friend… gone too soon

27. Joy February 19, 2017 at 6:35 am

People in the communities know where the guns are. They need to pass that information on to the police.

28. Chocolate god February 19, 2017 at 6:38 am

It’s all about who actually runs the entire world and their agenda to keep us all separated with wars and frivolous issues which is the exact opposite of what we should be doing as a people especially so called black people .This is all learned behavior,conditioning ,programing through media things such as music and television which promotes violence and a host of many other factors that everyday barbadians have nooooo clue of.All I can really say is black people lack knowledge and understanding this is why they act like savages because their are many hidden secrets about this race and why this is all happening you could as well blame the elites because even though we have our own government the elites have much more say and trust me they are the ones who push the guns and drugs into the communities so this issue can only come to an end when people give up the fake identities of trying to be like rappers and gangsters and realise in the end you gonna have to pay for the hurt you did if you think the universe is not watching think again black people.It all starts from at home and I mean it starts from inside YOU your temple your mind give up the ego and learn to realise even the animals are more civil than the so called all smart and powerful human being .We can learn from anyone and with that being said religion won’t change you so start changing self black people you act cursed!!!!!!
    Drama and war excites you just like your opressor you have been so beaten and mentally raped by your opressor you have inherited their ways of war and conduct,only those who read can catch my information just disclosed.

29. jrsmith February 19, 2017 at 7:19 am

@, lennox , H, hail hail, people like you who mouth off so much and know the law, really, when you go to Canada, or the USA and the UK if you drive a car police stop you , bet you dont mouth off about your lawyer, because its always yes sir no sir three bags full sir……
    Thats why why we all is suffering , more guns more drugs more corruption and just fancy talk…………………
    @, Joy, hail, hail, well said , but people is being protected, but the day will come when the ones who protect the others, would need protecting themselves , because they know too much and then they families is at risk of being hurt…………………..

30. Lisa De Souza
    Lisa De Souza February 19, 2017 at 9:45 am

Very sad. My condolences to his family.

31. Bobby Goodman February 19, 2017 at 9:30 pm

My condolences to the King, Leacock and related families, and of course, to this polite young gentleman’s many friends and workmates. May he rest in peace.

32. Scout February 20, 2017 at 11:29 am

It is sad no matter how we look at it. He looks very decent in his pic and it is a sad way to go. Not all young ppl are involved in criminal activity. I have sons and I keep warning them to be careful where they go due to the violence. And yes we need to help the police as they cannot be every where all the time – due to limited resources. And yes many ppl know who has the guns and how they are getting in at the borders but bajans just don’t talk. More sad days ahead for all of us.

33. Piper's Son February 20, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Condolences, so sad. I am not passing judgment “Let he that is without sin cast the first stone”.
    Remember a man died in very tragic circumstances, and when I tell you tragic, I mean tragic, his mother later accused his “Boss” saying that her son was his right hand man and that he could have saved her son. But what she really mean doh? She sound to me like she knew something. Watch and see if you child don’t work and can be in the latest brand, ask a question, search up ya place, see what ya find. Tell the police, tell them, that may save ya child life.

34. Eddie Forde February 20, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Law enforcement wil have to act sooner rather than later by making an effort to get these guns off the streets. Every time you open the paper, there is another shooting and some young life is wasted. This has got to stop. If this continues, it will have a great significant effect on the tourist industry. People will not want to come and spend time and money in a place that is not safe, and as a Bajan living abroad, I’m often asked how safe is Barbados as a holiday destination. So I’m pleading with the public to inform the police if they know of anyone who may have a gun. The next victim could be someone who is very close to you.

35. cheryl March 11, 2017 at 11:23 pm

well, we all know that their is no gun manufacturing company in Barbados,so these Guns are coming through customs into Barbados ,by the big business men in Barbados