Tax amnesty to end on February 15

The Barbados Revenue Authority is reminding all taxpayers that the Tax Amnesty Programme will end on Wednesday, February 15.

The programme is in respect of the following taxes where 100 per cent of penalty and interest is waived: Income Tax, Corporation Tax, PAYE, Value Added Tax and Land Tax.

In August 2016, Finance Minister Chris Sinckler announced that Government would offer the tax amnesty from September 15, 2016 through to February 15, 2017 for taxpayers who owe outstanding value added tax (VAT), income tax and land tax.

Sinckler said taxpayers would have to pay the outstanding principal on or before the deadline to benefit from the amnesty.

21 Responses to Tax amnesty to end on February 15

1. Get Even
    Get Even February 12, 2017 at 11:57 am

lol

2. Lilian Lloyd
    Lilian Lloyd February 12, 2017 at 11:58 am

HE AND HIS UNCARING EVIL GOV. TIME IS WHAT SHOULD BE ENDING!!!!

3. M.m. Cumberbatch
    M.m. Cumberbatch February 12, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Ya could end the 18 month vat hike too bro.

4. Tête La
    Tête La February 12, 2017 at 12:37 pm

this should be extended for 3 more weeks… the same way the consolidated tax was extended and the VAT was extended and maintained

5. Honey Greenidge
    Honey Greenidge February 12, 2017 at 1:12 pm

I would like you to send my tax return cheque for 2016 and see it’s time to file again. Tax payers want money too. Stupes

• Reco February 12, 2017 at 2:53 pm

I would like my two years tax return cheques that they have for me…. soon have 3 for me

6. Eugene February 12, 2017 at 1:49 pm

I would like an extension too. Did not get back any refunds to settle my liabilities. There is so much that a small business owner can take! Years of outstanding VAT refunds destroy your cash flow. Can hardly pay yourself a salary, far less pay increased taxation… most allowances taken. Feels like you are being punished for daring to want your own business.

7. Jus me February 12, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Nice suit shirt tie Chris
    .Roll a fat roun u neck.
    Lookin.like u livin high off de hog man.
    Shame bout de Stupse look.

8. jrsmith February 12, 2017 at 4:18 pm

What difference would it make , the government have no efficient way of collecting taxes , lots of people still is going to avoid paying because they know the barbados government is only talk, talk people……..

9. harry turnover February 12, 2017 at 4:37 pm

There should never been an AMNESTY in the FIRST place. THOSE people and those who teef money in the guise of NIS contributions SHOULD BE LOCKED UP.

10. Harry February 12, 2017 at 6:06 pm

when will i get my tax returns due, pardon me, overdue for the last 2 years???????

11. Michael King
    Michael King February 12, 2017 at 7:26 pm

What about my 2014 & 2015 tax return?

12. Ernesta February 12, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Took advantage of the amnesty last time then get a call from the debt section some month later telling me I owe. Went down there with receipts etc in hand only to find that their system not adjusted to record the blasted thing. Make it worse they can’t find the relevant paper work.

I WOULD LIKE MY 2015 REFUND AND IF WUNNA CALL ME AGEN ABOUT DEBT I FILING HARASSMENT CHARGES. GET WUNNA ACT TOGETHER.

Minister Inniss thinks customs will be more effective under BRA. He living under a rock?

13. Aquarius Feb
    Aquarius Feb February 12, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Extend it until the end of December by that time i might be able to save enough to pay mine dont you know it is real hard on us give us more time please we are not as fortunate as you are lord have mercy on us

14. Lester February 12, 2017 at 10:11 pm

to be honest i too would like mine tax returns it should never take this long after filing to receive it every government treats the voters shabby but i waiting on dem, patiently

15. Joan Brome
    Joan Brome February 12, 2017 at 10:41 pm

What about de.interest de Govt owe de taxpayers on late income tax returns for years.now? Stuppsee

16. Hewers of wood February 12, 2017 at 10:47 pm

@Aquarius Feb – I promise it will be better with the other team. As for me I could not give a flying …. This is the stage we at bootlickers.

17. Troy February 12, 2017 at 11:51 pm

Tax returns high on the agenda Chris…. First things first.

18. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce February 13, 2017 at 4:33 am

What a Pothole!

19. Sean February 13, 2017 at 4:58 am

He could only be mad! He not refunding people their income tax or their VAT and telling people about a deadline, Stupse, SMH.

20. alison February 13, 2017 at 9:56 pm

so where an what happened to my tax return from last yr,would like it please