Accident on Searles Road

Two drivers were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital this evening following a collision on Searles Road.

The driver of the silver vehicle exited the minor road unto the main road and collided with the white van.

10 Responses to Accident on Searles Road

1. jrsmith February 5, 2017 at 6:42 am

This is right,, right collision head on,

2. Brewster February 5, 2017 at 7:39 am

Road accidents in Bim everyday.What is happening? Speed cameras, lighting in hotspots and breathalyzers are a necessity. Minister for Transport ya sleepin?

3. Tom February 5, 2017 at 8:23 am

Wait that can’t be my buddy from the hill

4. Janelle Wickham
    Janelle Wickham February 5, 2017 at 8:43 am

Last year I was praying that we would go through 2017 without no road fatalities,every minute you open the paper an accident,seems like a force has barbados under control.Leave home earlier,stop driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs,stop talking and texting while driving.Drive car lengths away,and always be on the look out for any mishap,and people with poor eyesight,should give up driving.Sad no more road deaths be our brothers keeper.

5. Clyde Thompson February 5, 2017 at 9:06 am

Fine and/or imprisonment, licence suspension, this situation has to be nipped in the bud (maybe the bud has flowered)

6. Whitehill February 5, 2017 at 10:28 am

Yeah Right! Then half the island will be imprisoned, or have their driver’s license suspended. Its definitely not drunk drivers or kids speeding either, what we have here is a bunch of regular people who are angry as hell who refuse to address their issues and resolved then, but get on the roads and act out. On many occasions I have observed text book cases of passive aggressive driving by citizens who don’t give a damn for their fellow road users.

7. jrsmith February 5, 2017 at 11:25 am

I always made comments when accidents occur , blaming the drivers of vehicles , after spending a short time in barbados since Xmas , I made it my business to drive around barbados to have a look see what might be the cause of lots or most of the accidents…
    My conclusion I will never blame the motorist for accidents in Barbados… The problems the bad roads and no real management, (blame the politicians ) all they are interested in getting they 10% increase , for doing nothing………
    No centre line markings .no road management markings
    No speed limits..
    No cats eyes ..
    No speed restrictions , as camera taking speeding pictures…
    No lighting.
    All of what is used in many countries bajans visit simple ,simple technology which would save lives.and stop the madness….

8. RC February 5, 2017 at 12:09 pm

I know that one of our Major Motor Sport Clubs owns a breathalyser and many years ago it is alleged that they lent it to the Police Force on Old Year’s Night and they used it to great effect outside several Nightclubs on the South Coast. unfortunately as there is no law governing the use of the said device they could not charge the several drivers that were well above the legal alcohol limit. We need proper lighting on our roads, the banning of mobile phone use while driving, the fixing of potholes………….but how can we govern the terrible way in which inexperienced drivers cause multiple accidents which offer result in serious injuries and death?

9. Mikey February 5, 2017 at 3:54 pm

@jrsmith, The problem is that some Bajans leave Barbados for two mornings and think that everything overseas is like Heaven, come back home and criticize Barbadians including your mothers and fathers. The roads are bad, the schools are bad, the buses are bad, even the food and water is bad.
    Not remembering that in many instances it is the people who are criticizing that really baaaaaaaaaadddddddddddd !!!

10. jrsmith February 5, 2017 at 6:57 pm

@, Mikey you are an idiot ,its people like you who would see us back in the dark ages…
    I lived and worked in (England ) for a long time , my comments I never compare Barbados to England, but if we are so educated we can learn so much from England at no real costs….
    We have in Barbados lots of bajans some friends of mine who have worked in all parts of industry in the (UK), these are people who are professionals retired to barbados, who is part of the 140 to 150 million dollar annual contribution to the economy of Barbados, if these people were ask to help put things right in Barbados we all would be 150 % better off.

Mikey I know who I am , a bajan at heart who have contributed to our economy but I dont shout about it, I have a family back-ground , if I just say 2 words most of barbados would know my family back ground.