Boyce accuses cop of mistreatment

A 56-year-old man declared in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today that he would have to be “Bin Laden” to accomplish the crime for which he has been charged.

Hal Fernando Boyce, of Lakes Folly, St Michael, is accused of assaulting Police Constable Rohan Clarke yesterday in the execution of his duties.

“I did not! I did not! He telling lies . . . . There is no way I can run cross Coleridge Street and I could be so mad to get off of my bicycle and throw my bicycle on a police, in front of the police station. There is no way I can do that!” Boyce insisted.

“He is a liar. He tell lies. He is a dangerous police. . . . How can that happen in Barbados? I will have to be Bin Laden to get dah do.”

Boyce not only pleaded not guilty when he appeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant but also leveled a charge of his own.

He complained that he been badly treated by the officer.

“He gave me about 19 kicks pun de ground. . . . . My ribs here brek up and my neck hurting me,” the accused claimed.

When asked whether there was someone to sign his bail, Boyce said: “I ain’t got nobody to sign bail. The best thing to do is to send me Dodds.”

However, it was discovered that there was a surety in the court.

“I didn’t even know that,” said Boyce as he was granted his release on a $500 surety.

But he declared his intentions going forward: “The way he [the policeman] treat me, I got to see the Attorney General.”

Boyce returns to court on April 12.

9 Responses to Boyce accuses cop of mistreatment

1. Anne Ince
    Anne Ince January 27, 2017 at 6:18 am

Sue them for mistreatment….

2. Johnathan January 27, 2017 at 9:39 am

Boy the attorney general ain’t no help to he self farless you..

3. Bobo January 27, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Sad but true –Sadistic Blacks in authority have no love and respect for Black people

4. Dennis Taitt
    Dennis Taitt January 27, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Attorney general is just a name. He does nothing. If what you are saying is true. You need to take another recourse. The attorney general is just another man with an office holding. Most of the time in my opinion he speaks out of context. Who can trust him anyway. People talking about asisting police in their help to solve crime. Well I am not amused at all. Most police officers needs courses in public relations. Wise up officers . Crime stoppers can only work for you if you all depend on hungry people or if you all treat people equal and like humans. All humans were created equal.

5. Dennis Taitt
    Dennis Taitt January 27, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Bad cops roaming the streets bad guys roaming the streets. No love being shown no mercy. Poor people being mistreated. Policemen and women thinking most poor folks are criminals no love for the poor and needy. Politicians enhancing themselves with public funds. Something must give now. Barbados is heading for total destruction. No love for the poor. A poor man buildeth a city and no one taketh it to heart. This is a very corrupt island. Question. Only the rich and their friends must eat in this island? Police are used as protection for the white collar criminals. These criminals keep raping the island builders and their children or their small gains eventhough they know how they laboured in the sun rain fields and gutters of this island to put a hot plate of food on our tables. This unfair shit must stop. And soon.

6. Dennis Taitt
    Dennis Taitt January 27, 2017 at 3:08 pm

This man needs a hearing also. Some people join the force to take out anger on people. Some are natural bullies. Hmm. Then some people make up stories . I say check out this man story. Sounds like something i have seen police do before. You are suppose to serve and protect not abuse your power. You depends on the citizens of this island to help you all solve crimes. Not for us to be scared of you all when we see you. This is a very serious allegation

7. Kathy January 27, 2017 at 3:43 pm

I agree with you Dennis. Total if this is true the man story need to be heard, he should first go to a doctor and get a medical stating his injuries and then file a report follow through with the channel and then from there if need be go to media. Police need to know there are not above the law also on the other hand if he is lying because he is now before the court he is only making it worse for himself and I hope he know that. The fact is some police are great and some are like the devil there are human and will make mistake but there have to give an account otherway to the country and more so God.

8. Lauraine Clarke
    Lauraine Clarke January 27, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Get the injury look at by a doctor.