PDC leader stages Bridgetown protest

When leader of the little known People’s Democratic Congress (PDC) Mark Adamson took to The City Monday in his one man silent protest, his intention was clear – paint as poor a picture of Opposition Barbados Labour Party (BLP) leader Mia Mottley as possible.

Adamson also sought to link the Opposition BLP to plans to legalize same-sex marriages here, with one of his placards reading, “Do not vote the BLP. They will legalise sex between the same sex”.

Displaying other signs which read “Mottley must never become any Prime Minister of any Government of Barbados” and “Mottley is worst BLP leader ever”, the PDC leader continued his offensive against the Opposition Leader.

Leader of the People’s Democratic Congress Mark Adamson staged a protest today in The City.

There were no party supporters chanting slogans and no crowds –– although some people did stop by to take photographs. Yet Adamson was not deterred, vowing to continue the protest he began last Wednesday.

“I’ve been doing this for about four mornings so far. I started since Wednesday last week and continuing today. I’m going to be here for a couple more days and obviously as time goes by you are going to see greater support for it,” he told Barbados TODAY.

Despite his attack on Mottley, the PDC leader suggested he held no brief for the governing Democratic Labour Party (DLP) either,

He said he wanted Barbadians to realize there were “certain issues pertaining to the governance of this country” by both major political parties.

“Awareness is key and being aware by understanding what is happening within this political context, not only those things but when the time comes for the making of certain decisions at election time that you make the right decisions when those elections have come,” Adamson said.

He said his party was gearing up for the next general elections constitutionally due next year, contending: “Elections in Barbados are pretty close and as a party the People’s Democratic Congress we must prepare ourselves for that election process whenever they are due.”

Adamson was the only PDC candidate in the 2013 general election, polling just 38 votes in St Michael North, won by the BLP’s Ronald Toppin.

Source: (KB)

21 Responses to PDC leader stages Bridgetown protest

1. Peter January 24, 2017 at 8:13 am

PDC _ true meaning… Poverty, Destruction and Crime

2. Natalie Murray January 24, 2017 at 9:04 am

How much money DEM pay you to say that….Imagine bajans cannot buy food, pay bills, put gas in their cars and pay University fees under this current administration and not one word from you…

Stop your hate rhetoric against one of the strongest women in this country. A woman who is fearless, caring, intelligent and have the tenacity to make Barbados stand tall as a nation again.

Clearly you are one of those men who think a women place is at home washing and cooking. Smh

Lady Mia, Dame Billie Miller , Cynthia …thanks for given women in Barbados HOPE to aspire to the highest Political Office in this country.

Keep Focus!

• Carson C Cadogan January 24, 2017 at 9:18 am

“Keep focus”

….and keep the Barbados Labour Party on the opposition benches.

We must resist all attempts by the Barbados Labour Party to turn Barbados into a Caribbean SODOM and GOMORRAH.

• hcalndre January 29, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Carson C C. why are you not there with that PDC yard fowl? barbados should have no the problem with same sex relations, do you think its new to babados, that would bring them out of the closet and nothing would change.

• Kevin January 24, 2017 at 11:00 am

If you really knew the ‘sock man’, you would know that he hold no barrels for the DLP as well. He is truly an independent.

3. Big Brown January 24, 2017 at 9:38 am

Is that the best you can do Carson C Cadogan? You sound scared and stupid.

The people of Barbados will not be moved by these tactics.

Shame on you!

4. Rosemary P. Leon January 24, 2017 at 10:01 am

The “silly season” has started.

An attack on the Leader of the Opposition will not guarantee Mr. Adamson victory in the next election. It will not even secure his deposit on election day.

The Hon. Mia Mottley has more leadership potential in her little fingernail than he has in his entire body.

Mr. Adamson stop being “silly”. The same way you can’t stop Tuesday from following Monday you can’t stop Ms. Mottley from becoming the first female Prime Minister of Barbados.

5. Cherylann Thomas January 24, 2017 at 10:11 am

What I can say is…… I know that the DLP will not get elected again for many elections to come.. and then that only leaves the BLP. We have seen the DEMS run this country for 8 years, now let the BLP run it and I hope they let de children pay some sort of busfare, because dem riding free has caused road tax, busfare, vat, lottery tax, cell phone tax and the like to go up or be added. Study the facts! I am not stating that the BLP will do a fantastic job, all I am saying is that let them get through and see what they have to offer.

6. Frank White January 24, 2017 at 10:14 am

Carson Codogan you have a point, we can’t let it become those but you forgot to mention that we can’t let it become a country where huge sums can be paid to a minister to secure building contracts, we can’t let it become a country where citizens will try to take salt bread in their briefcase overseas and that they should be publicly charge and make a jail, oh I almost forgot, Carson, we can’t let it become a country where a minister is given a high end vehicle in exchange for awarding of contract. So yeah Carson, it seems we are on the very same page.

7. DAP January 24, 2017 at 10:20 am

Be careful what you all wish for the USA wanted Trump and they got him remember all that glitter is not gold

8. Dstar January 24, 2017 at 10:23 am

I had a feeling that is what this protest was really about focusing on the personal aspect of things. Should we vote for someone on their personal business or what they can do what is politically correct for a country?

9. Bajanfragglez January 24, 2017 at 1:04 pm

The fact that is that GAYS, LESBIAN,AND TRANSGENDER PEOPLE are here to stay we cannot keep ignoring them as though they don’t exist so we have to make room for them the same way we made room for CRIMINALS (and to me they are worst than the gays) we need to make room in our society them as well we may not like their life style or choice but they are still BARBADIAN

10. Milli Watt January 24, 2017 at 1:18 pm

ahhhhhh…….. refreshing to see Democracy at work.

11. Gearbox1964 January 24, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Well Mia got some views with regards to homosexuality and family law which I certainly cannot side with, but the overall economic situation of Barbados is far more important at this point in time. I still believe the present Opposition BLP can do a far better job than the incumbent DLP Administration. We could deal with the same-sex issues as they arise…if she really got de balls to bring them to the surface again.

12. Ossie Moore January 24, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Well! Well! I love a very adorable and sweet loving lady on me sweet isle o; Barbados! So you mean to tell me that if I come home to Bim; that girl could be swept away from me by a lady with no explanation? That lady has been in my every vision but we were all career minded and so the years have passed by. Thank God we are now at retirement age but she is still a professional lady who looks real fine and dandy in today’s Barbados. ” Dat ain’t fair to a man!

13. mark January 24, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Natalie Murray who fault is it that people can not pay university fee, I remember while being a student at UWI in the 1990’s how many bajan students waste the tax payers money they lime in the guild, the did two years of a degree and then decided to changes degree, then you had some who took eight years to finish one degree, and then some who did a year or two then drop out and never came back. those are the ones to blame not the government. Natalie dig deeper in your pocket.

14. uncle murder January 24, 2017 at 3:34 pm

like if ppl go to jail for it anyways, like if u change the law ppl gine just turn gay, it happening now n it illegal what exactly wud the law change.

15. DAARSH January 24, 2017 at 3:52 pm

I am at a total loss as to why what i do in my bedroom affects my ability to lead and to govern. The rampant narrow-mindedness of some Barbadians makes me question why we provide free education in this island. We certainly show time and again how undeserving we are of it. We must not be ruled and dictated by fear and its rhetoric, the muscles of our intellect must be fully flexed in the making of assessments for us to progress as a nation.

16. Not Fooled January 25, 2017 at 6:17 am

Why are we burying our heads in the sand? Barbados is full of homosexuals. As a matter of fact, this world is full of homosexuals. So what? We need sound management of this country. The DLP will use fear to get people to give them another term in office to continue rape its citizens.

It is so silly to believe or even think that if it BLP wins the next elections that they will try to legalize same sex marriages. People are suffering, the economy is declining and all these fools could come up with is same sex marriage. Stupse dooooo.

17. L King February 5, 2017 at 10:12 am

Why has Barbados Today yet again deleted my post to this article? You’re not suppose to exercise your personal political and moral views on here by deleting readers post who don’t side with your personal views – what on earth is going on there?

Like I said previously: I congratulate this man for being willing to stand by himself and announce his concerns: It takes a brave fearless individual to do that and I stand with him. And in regards to Mottley and her views of the same sex I was told some 16-18 years ago that she was gay.

Now let’s see if Barbados Today deletes this post.

18. L King February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am

Now let’s see if Barbados Today deletes this post.