Lewd cruise

Buccaneer owner ‘not responsible’ for raunchy behaviour

The owner of party cruise boat the M.C. Buccaneer Randall Armstrong is not taking responsibility for the raunchy behaviour which reportedly took place on board his vessel during a recent private party.

A ten-second video circulating on social media shows two young women dancing on the boat, one of them naked.

Barbados TODAY has since learnt that such behaviour was not uncommon on the vessel when some promoters hold private parties on the high seas.

However, the 61-year-old Armstrong flatly dismissed any concern, saying though the behaviour could be considered raunchy, “it was done in a private setting” and he was not responsible for something over which he had no control and which took place in his absence.

“When I charter the boat to people it is private and out at sea and there are adults on it,” he said.

The boat owner explained that his hired security normally act to stop any lewd behaviour. However, he said, on that occasion the action was so brief it was all over before they became aware of it.

In addition, he emphasized, the organizers of the cruise had certain responsibilities, including the guests.

“I have security, a captain and two crew, and supply the boat; everything else is at you. I am not responsible for what advertising is done [or] what people you bring on board. I check people for weapon and drugs . . .

“I rent the boat to somebody to have a party . . . [should I] try to control what’s going on and I was not there? I spoke to my security and all they said was that they [the young women] were dancing and before they knew it a girl took off everything. Somebody took a video and that was the end of that,” Armstrong stressed.

Asked if this recent incident would force him to introduce stricter screening of those who rent his boat and place restrictions on the events he would allow, the businessman said his contract makes it clear that no rude or lewd behaviour was allowed on board the vessel.

“My security can go and stop the people from doing that, yes.

“The general public cannot come on there unless they are invited by the people who are holding the cruise. This is not something that is happening in Queen’s Park at 3 o’clock in the afternoon,” he said, adding that people also complained about similar behaviour on the roads during Grand Kadooment.

He said while there might be concerns about moral values surrounding the behaviour, he was not sure if it was illegal.

The video showed a young woman in a red outfit holding on to a pole with her right hand and gyrating on a naked woman, while a crowd stood there observing.

The Royal Barbados Police Force said it was unable to comment on the incident since it had not seen the video.

Armstrong told Barbados TODAY he was most upset because some people were painting a picture of the M.C Buccaneer which was far from the reality, and he called for an end to the criticism.

“I do not believe I should be the person to take the rap for this,” he said.

“In Barbados we got people in things that for one set of people they have one set of rules and for [other] people you have another set of rules, but because I deal with local people they want to put me in [a certain light]. I am not a strip club or a place that sells sex but I get branded [like that] and it p****s me off. It affects my business,” he said.

The M.C Buccaneer operates two to three cruises on weekends.

marlonmadden@barbadostoday.bb

15 Responses to Lewd cruise

1. ch January 5, 2017 at 1:55 am

Generally speaking, people best understand their responsibility when they get a criminal charge or a lawsuit.

• harry turnover January 5, 2017 at 6:51 am

It was a PRIVATE PARTY not a PUBLIC PLACE…..the charge would have to be ” engaging in lewd behavior in a PUBLIC PLACE”

2. Richard Johnston January 5, 2017 at 8:50 am

I’m glad no other Bajans get nekkid in private.

3. Sadra January 5, 2017 at 9:59 am

Respect GONE

4. Niki January 5, 2017 at 11:24 am

The law needs to hold the individuals that behave lewd responsible. Arent tyey bloody well adults? What the hell is the world coming to when we policing a businessman to police adults that paid to rent his business vessel. Madness!!! I hope that they also go to the three hour rental apartments primarily used for sex (extramarital etc) and hold the landlords responsible to. Gtfoh they were adults not his responsibility

5. Leroy January 5, 2017 at 11:55 am

whats the difference between lewdness in nelson street or mc buccaneer?

This is not news

6. hush-up January 5, 2017 at 2:43 pm

must I add that I also saw a picture of your very own Rihanna naked on a yacht and I aint hearing people complaining …..daz dem ting

7. Helicopter(8P) January 5, 2017 at 3:27 pm

What people do at their private parties should be unanimously adheared to by the party. If you were not told that it was private then you have a case. Automaticly you have made yourself a spy if you record people at a private paryt without their knowlege. Now am I being irresponsable or ill informed!

8. North Point January 5, 2017 at 11:23 pm

The owner of that boat even though he is not present still have some measure of responsibility. renting it out does not take it away from him. and to say that it was a private party just ain’t cutting it. the boat is his, the captain and security are hired by him, the moment the captain and security sees that something is getting out of hand call the police/coast guard with out delay and hand over the wrong doers, end of story. and Mr. Randall Armstrong don’t you know that the only thing that was “PRIVATE” is the party, the boat is public, people paid to be there, so its not “PRIVATE any more. Randall Armstrong please read, and stop watching the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ sign.

• Nevada Best January 7, 2017 at 2:03 pm

The boat is privately owned it’s not owned by the government…people pay to attend “private” functions all the time. You hypocrites who make a private function out on a boat your business need to go get a life.

9. steve January 6, 2017 at 12:10 am

LOL
    wunna clearly don’t know what happens in BIM
    I’ve seen this countless times, like countless… and not just in ALL the ‘strip’clubs…. wunna blind and foolish

10. Gianni January 6, 2017 at 12:38 am

Complete joke that the owner of the boat, who was not even there, is being held by some to being accountable for the actions of these women. Which by the way, they have every right to behave as they please in a private setting. As a previous post stated where is the outrage over RiRi doing the same thing. There is none because there should be none.
    What a complete waste of time everyone including me is putting into this.

11. Nevada Best January 7, 2017 at 1:48 pm

The hypocrites who are complaining about what does on at a private party out on a boat need to go get a life.

12. Helicopter(8P) January 10, 2017 at 3:06 pm

North Point are you telling me that my rented hotel room is public which I have paid for at $1275.00 a day? What are you insinuating in the name off law?

13. Helicopter(8P) January 10, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Photographing and publishing persons at a private venue without their prior knowledge and approval is illegal. Have not we known that in a Democracy!